• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
They're midfielders with particular strengths and noticeable weaknesses.

My problem with Ramsey is sometimes he overthinks and overdoes things when he doesn't need to. If he simplified things a bit more, he'd be so much more effective. I've lost count the amount of times he's killed counter attacks because he dawdled or took a touch too many. My dad still doesn't rate him after all this time :lol:. I like Ramsey though, I'm glad he's staying, just hope he can learn to keep it simple more often.
Simplified-That's exactly what Wenger told him when the fans first booed him. He told Ramsey it was his game not him personally that annoyed the fans. He needs intensive individual coaching and to manage his God complex better.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ramsey doesn’t really help our team build up, and feed crap to our attacking players, because his passing range is limited, he’s not a good passer, and his football iq is low. As a result, we score less as a team.

He gave away too much possession, because of his poor touch, misplaced pass and poor technical abilitiy. And what does less possession means? We have less chance to score while the opponent has more.

And he doesn’t help the team to defend, leaving our midfield exposed to counter attacks. (he does help sometimes, but only when he’s able to, because more than often he was not in place when the midfield needed someone to defend).

Taurus

You can say what you want about Ramsey, but one thing is certain, he’s an Arsenal legend. He signed with us when he was 17, has been here for 10 years now. Picked us over United. Had his leg almost sawn in half. Fought himself back to health, overcame subsequent mental issues and scored the winning goal in two FA cup finals. You won’t find many better stories than this in world football. And above all, he has been a great professional, always respectful and an ambassador for the values of Arsenal football club. Deserves way more respect imo.
Thanks for reminding me why I should support him.

Not been his biggest fan lately.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If only they were interested...

Unfortunately no one is really interested (as I expected) even at a discounted price due to his contract situation.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I could see Juve tapping him up & waiting just like Emre Can last year.

The group of Matuidi, Marchisio & Khedira getting on.

TheArsenalis

He is valuable and worth keeping but if he decide its time. We would only get better.
The way things are going he would get replaced ina heartbeat. I cant see anyone leaving now would hurt like in wengers years.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
He hasn't signed a new contract yet?
I don't like that this is taking so long.

I'm not going to hide the fact that I've been negative about Ramsey's involvement in our team before, but I'll credit that mostly to Wenger's tactics and the old man left much sooner than I expected him to, so I really don't have any problems keeping Ramsey here.

I think he'd be very good under Emery, with his stamina and work rate, bastard can nick some goals or create them too, who would we replace him with, Nzonzi?
I'm not sure if that's a upgrade, although he's probably better defensively.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I'm not going to hide the fact that I've been negative about Ramsey's involvement in our team before, but I'll credit that mostly to Wenger's tactics and the old man left much sooner than I expected him to, so I really don't have any problems keeping Ramsey here.

I think he'd be very good under Emery, with his stamina and work rate, bastard can nick some goals or create them too, who would we replace him with, Nzonzi?
I'm not sure if that's a upgrade, although he's probably better defensively.
Nzonzi is definitely an upgrade.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can say what you want about Ramsey, but one thing is certain, he’s an Arsenal legend. He signed with us when he was 17, has been here for 10 years now. Picked us over United. Had his leg almost sawn in half. Fought himself back to health, overcame subsequent mental issues and scored the winning goal in two FA cup finals. You won’t find many better stories than this in world football. And above all, he has been a great professional, always respectful and an ambassador for the values of Arsenal football club. Deserves way more respect imo.

The term legend gets thrown around too easily.

Henry, Vieira, Adams, Wright, Pires. Those are Arsenal legends. They elevated us to heights the club has never seen before. They were consistent for an entire season, every season and the best in the premier league in their position.

Ramsey very good player, a nice guy who always tries his best and has come through a lot of personal turmoil and high turnover to make the best of an extremely unstable period. There is no shame in being a tier below legend.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Guess it will be resolved next year unless we offer him an insane deal now or he downs tools like the Ox.

Özil, Alexis & Walcott all sorted one way or another after January. That option to sign a pre-agreement useful for agent!

There is no shame in being a tier below legend.

Would say the cup final goals, injury recovery & time put in enough for 'Cult Hero' status.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Cause Wales EC 2016 campaign came up in another thread: Ramsey's free role as a 8/10 hybrid for Wales and how he excels at it often gets mentioned on here as an example why he cannot work as a pure, disciplined 8 at Arsenal, mostly using a lack of defensive work as a reason, and should therefore be either sold or pushed to the wings or a sort of "false 10": That "free" role at Wales didn't keep him from doing his defensive work and putting in a massive shift. I think there's no reason he cant do it at the club, despite being told by the coach not to. I think Wenger told him to find space to be an outlet and push play higher while relying on the Xhaka and the back four. Very excited for him under Emery.

TheArsenalis

Cause Wales EC 2016 campaign came up in another thread: Ramsey's free role as a 8/10 hybrid for Wales and how he excels at it often gets mentioned on here as an example why he cannot work as a pure, disciplined 8 at Arsenal, mostly using a lack of defensive work as a reason, and should therefore be either sold or pushed to the wings or a sort of "false 10": That "free" role at Wales didn't keep him from doing his defensive work and putting in a massive shift. I think there's no reason he cant do it at the club, despite being told by the coach not to. I think Wenger told him to find space to be an outlet and push play higher while relying on the Xhaka and the back four. Very excited for him under Emery.
Leaving xhaka as a one man midfield. The full backs are already high up the pitch. Its been **** under wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom