• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah but that doesn't follow the narrative of Kroenke being tight and handcuffing the manager. We've only spent £270m since June 2016 :rolleyes:

17/18 - £103M spent, £106M gained from sales.
16/17 - £96M spent, £9M gained from sales.
15/16 - £23M spent, £2M gained from sales.
14/15 - £105M spent, £25M gained from sales.

We started spending big in 14/15 so stretched it back to there. Since 14/15 we've spent £327M but recouped £142M from sales. So over those 4 seasons or 8 transfer windows we've spent a total of £185M. Or £46M a year/season OR £23M a window.

For me Kroenke has nothing to do with it, we're self sustained and I think the manager has always had those funds to use within reason. Kroenke doesn't get us anything, he could easily say here's another £200M actually go and become title challengers. We always seem to have a season of around an £80M spend followed by a season of not spending much at all.

Next summer I fully expect a lot of outgoings but our net spend will not be high. This summer falls into the bracket of a summer where we have a net spend of around 70-80M.

Last edited:

Or maybe the rumours about the supposed transfer budget were nonsense? :D

I always think of it as there is no budget.

There is a limit where we want to stay around which we can all guess to be around 70 M(or some figure) at the moment so we have "healthy finical balance". But lets say like under Wenger if Mbappé would have become available the funds would have been made available for him last summer. I'm pretty sure of that!

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

We started spending big in 14/15 so stretched it back to there. Since 14/15 we've spent £327M but recouped £142M from sales. So over those 4 seasons or 8 transfer windows we've spent a total of £185M. Or £46M a year/season OR £23M a window.

For me Kroenke has nothing to do with it, we're self sustained and I think the manager has always had those funds to use within reason. Kroenke doesn't get us anything, he could easily say here's another £200M actually go and become title challengers. We always seem to have a season of around an £80M spend followed by a season of not spending much at all.

Next summer I fully expect a lot of outgoings but our net spend will not be high. This summer falls into the bracket of a summer where we have a net spend of around 70-80M.
Great post. Of which can only be proven by future windows. Seen a similar pattern though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I agree with your post, can i ask how many you think will be sold?? We have signed 10 first teamers in 1 year!!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree with your post, can i ask how many you think will be sold?? We have signed 10 first teamers in 1 year!!

Impossible to tell because you don't know who will react well to the new training etc. Mustafi and Xhaka for example could become brilliant as unlikely as that sounds.

I think between now and next summer we'll see 7 of the current first team squad being sold.

Dj_sds -

People can think what they want about kroenke but atleast he isnt taking money out of the club, it could be alot worse. There are plenty examples of bad ownership in world football and arsenal isnt one of them. It also seems the aubameyang transfer wasnt planned and maybe those funds were inteded for this summer but due to circumstances they were used in the winter transfer window. Imo next summer we will indeed see alot of outgoings but we will break our record total spend in one window by a big margin.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Ra
Striker?! We've just signed a young DM?

Don't see any point in selling Elneny, very useful squad player. Signing a young striker is stupid if we want Nketiah to go far.

I am thinking we should play 4312

Perez Eddie as our only cover
Impossible to tell because you don't know who will react well to the new training etc. Mustafi and Xhaka for example could become brilliant as unlikely as that sounds.

I think between now and next summer we'll see 7 of the current first team squad being sold.

Already are mate, Xhaka atleast

In an actual system he will shine

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
on how many more players he would like to sign…
Normally, in my career the big clubs don’t close the [door] or the moment to sign a new player. Today, we are OK. Maybe we can bring in one if there’s a very good possibility for them to help us, but the club has done a great job of signing new players and I am happy.

So essentially if the opportunistic buy pops up we'll go for it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes unless there a player he likes became available we'll buy but he seem happy with the squad he have.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I think we're 90% done with our transfers this summer. Again, don't think we're getting a winger because the players we have already can be put in a new light if they're playing more direct and faster football, so I'm guessing Emery is happy with that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The big opportunities & crazy market seem to happen when Real or Barce sign a huge player.

This window quite the opposite with Real & then Barce just missing out on targets.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This window quite the opposite with Real & then Barce just missing out on targets.
Real will have to sign 2-3 big players until the end of the window. No more Zizou, Ronaldo, Kovacic wants to leave and it's possible Benzema might be shipped out.
It's clear they need to inject some new life into their squad and after not spending any serious money in the last two years, Perez will splash the cash to remain competitive.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Real will have to sign 2-3 big players until the end of the window. No more Zizou, Ronaldo, Kovacic wants to leave and it's possible Benzema might be shipped out.
It's clear they need to inject some new life into their squad and after not spending any serious money in the last two years, Perez will splash the cash to remain competitive.

Yep, with Ronaldo off to Juventus the first impulse has been given, the end of the WC will be the second.

I still expect some big business. PSG and City have been very quiet until now, Real will surely sign 2 or even 3 big names to replace Ronaldo which will in turn entail more transfers. Looking forward to a fast and hot end of the window.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Ospina probably goes on loan or is permanently transferred, Jenkinson gets the ax, Jeff and Akpom on loan somewhere, Campbell finally sold, possibly even Nelson on a loan.
I don't know how Mavropanos will play since we have 6 CB's as of now. Sure, Kos is out until the end of the year, but we can't go on a freak injury streak again and be in a CB crisis, can we? There's also Nacho who can put in a shift in that position.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Think we'll make the CL this year, which will up our spending power. What is that... an extra 30 million Pounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom