• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borehamwood FC v Arsenal | July 14, 2018 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Livestream on Arsenal.com I guess.

Looking forward to seeing the new boys in action and how the midfield lines up, since we'll probably miss a few in there for the first few games.

Stannis

Can’t happen soon enough

1. What formation
2. Which keeper
3. Who partners Sokratis
4. Who will be captain

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The games gonna be live on arsenal.com.

I'm unusually excited for this preseason game. I reckon we'll see a 4231 - it's what most of the team knows and it's what Emery knows. What will be interesting is the different shapes we form within the initial set-up.

It won't be an entirely full squad either so I want to see some youngsters put in a good performance. Good chance we'll see AMN, Willock, Nketiah, Nelson and Smith-Rowe in some capacity - possibly Osei-Tutu aswell given Lichtsteiner has not yet trained with the squad.

Relic

It won't be an entirely full squad either so I want to see some youngsters put in a good performance. Good chance we'll see AMN, Willock, Nketiah, Nelson and Smith-Rowe in some capacity - possibly Osei-Tutu aswell given Lichtsteiner has not yet trained with the squad.

UEFA European Under-19 Championship starts on the 16th,

https://www.uefa.com/under19/index.html

*Edit

I mean wont the likes of Nketiah be in the England team?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
UEFA European Under-19 Championship starts on the 16th,

https://www.uefa.com/under19/index.html

*Edit

I mean wont the likes of Nketiah be in the England team?
No, they were pulled out of the squad. AMN was also pulled out of the Toulon tournament a couple of months back - Nketiah took part, but he's not going to the U19 tournament. Arsenal requested they stay for preseason so they'll be with us. Nelson, Willock and Nketiah were originally part of the squad but they were pulled out.

Relic

No, they were pulled out of the squad. AMN was also pulled out of the Toulon tournament a couple of months back - Nketiah took part, but he's not going to the U19 tournament. Arsenal requested they stay for preseason so they'll be with us. Nelson, Willock and Nketiah were originally part of the squad but they were pulled out.

Shame really, would have been good to watch them tear up the Euro's.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Shame really, would have been good to watch them tear up the Euro's.
I'd much rather them tear it up for us if I'm honest. It would have been nice to see them at a tournament and playing consistently though - which they would have - but they would have missed preseason and I want them closer to the first team here. Best chance is to impress Emery directly when he plays them.

I'm hoping they get a good run in preseason and really show what they can do, particularly Nelson who was quite tentative at times last season.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
My starting XI prediction:

Martinez
Bellerin Mavropanos Chambers Kolasinac
AMN Willock
Ramsey
Mikhi Nketiah Nelson
I really hope we get to see Nketiah start some games this season. Carabao cup and EL group stage should be all his imo

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can’t happen soon enough

1. What formation
2. Which keeper
3. Who partners Sokratis
4. Who will be captain
Problem is, these things often have little relevance in pre-season. It isn't necessarily an indication of what we will see in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom