• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Cause Wales EC 2016 campaign came up in another thread: Ramsey's free role as a 8/10 hybrid for Wales and how he excels at it often gets mentioned on here as an example why he cannot work as a pure, disciplined 8 at Arsenal, mostly using a lack of defensive work as a reason, and should therefore be either sold or pushed to the wings or a sort of "false 10": That "free" role at Wales didn't keep him from doing his defensive work and putting in a massive shift. I think there's no reason he cant do it at the club, despite being told by the coach not to. I think Wenger told him to find space to be an outlet and push play higher while relying on the Xhaka and the back four. Very excited for him under Emery.

Ramsey is exactly the same for Wales as he is for us, half of the time he's decent or briliant, the other half he's a liability and constantly breaking the flow of the team with bad decision making. Let's not pretend Ramsey was a Zidane tier player for Wales. The same could be said about Xhaka and Switzerland.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ramsey is exactly the same for Wales as he is for us, half of the time he's decent or briliant, the other half he's a liability and constantly breaking the flow of the team with bad decision making. Let's not pretend Ramsey was a Zidane tier player for Wales. The same could be said about Xhaka and Switzerland.
Also worth noting that as a unit the Welsh defence has been pretty decent in recent years which tends to 'cover up' or 'patch over' some of the defensive frailties and mishaps from other players further up field.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ramsey doesn’t really help our team build up, and feed crap to our attacking players, because his passing range is limited, he’s not a good passer, and his football iq is low. As a result, we score less as a team.

He gave away too much possession, because of his poor touch, misplaced pass and poor technical abilitiy. And what does less possession means? We have less chance to score while the opponent has more.

And he doesn’t help the team to defend, leaving our midfield exposed to counter attacks. (he does help sometimes, but only when he’s able to, because more than often he was not in place when the midfield needed someone to defend).
People can’t judge a company just based on its revenue.
If its cost is much higher, it would result in a big loss (negative net profit).

FEH

I've wanted Ramsey gone in previous seasons. But I would love for him to have a good season with an improved system under Emery. His upside is bigger than Xhakas and I feel he will do well with the extra competition.

Gursha

From The press I can clearly see that the system has changed, where Wenger wouldve said " im confident he will sign" now emery just saying he likes him and want to work with him.

Basically saying, i want him to stay, the contract is between the club and the player, i have no influence about it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It would be great to have it settled this summer & no contract distraction this season. But in his position I drag it out & get that money next year from us or another club.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
From The press I can clearly see that the system has changed, where Wenger wouldve said " im confident he will sign" now emery just saying he likes him and want to work with him.

Basically saying, i want him to stay, the contract is between the club and the player, i have no influence about it.
I think that's an astute observation.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Sounds like Emery is more media savvy than Wenger, much more. He knows that he's going to look bad if he says a player will sign and then he doesn't. Hard to believe Emery has no influence on whether the club wants to keep Ramsey at all cost or not.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is dragging on longer than I expected. What are Ramsey's demands? I've listened to so many say Wilshere is the better or more talented player and his ceiling was West Ham! I think Juve are the biggest club Ramsey can hope for and their midfield is pretty packed atm. I'd like this sorted before the end of the month if possible so we're not disadvantaged but I also wonder if Sarri's arrival at Chelsea changes anything.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Sounds like Emery is more media savvy than Wenger, much more. He knows that he's going to look bad if he says a player will sign and then he doesn't. Hard to believe Emery has no influence on whether the club wants to keep Ramsey at all cost or not.
Maybe he just gave that answer because his English isn't at a strong enough level yet to go into further detail on his contract situation.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Purely a haunch, but I don't believe Ramsey fits Unai's system.

Why? Rakitic is somewhat similar to Ramsey and thrived under Emery which ended up getting him his move to Barcelona. Also in his last two clubs Emery has used 2 different formations one with a 10 and two holding players, the other with 3 midfielders (one holder, one DLP and a B2B). All the noises suggest that should Ramsey stay he'll be an important player for Emery.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Why? Rakitic is somewhat similar to Ramsey and thrived under Emery which ended up getting him his move to Barcelona. Also in his last two clubs Emery has used 2 different formations one with a 10 and two holding players, the other with 3 midfielders (one holder, one DLP and a B2B). All the noises suggest that should Ramsey stay he'll be an important player for Emery.
Rakitic is a much better player.

Song Billong

Purely a haunch, but I don't believe Ramsey fits Unai's system.

I think he can suit the system. Remember his first amazing purple patch back in 13/14? He wasn't just scoring amazing goals but he was one of the leading tacklers in the league. He's got a massive engine, so can press. If he can recapture that hunger for tackling then he's a great fit for the system.

I think playing a quicker style should suit him too. He won't have time to dally around on the ball.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think he can suit the system. Remember his first amazing purple patch back in 13/14? He wasn't just scoring amazing goals but he was one of the leading tacklers in the league. He's got a massive engine, so can press. If he can recapture that hunger for tackling then he's a great fit for the system.

I think playing a quicker style should suit him too. He won't have time to dally around on the ball.

Yeah problem is that Ramsey scored goals, and then he became a very different player from what he was in 13/14. Emery's record suggests he is old school and prefers water carriers as his midfielders, not wannabe strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom