• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis new?(soyu/pava?) Monreal
Torreira Kovacic
Özil/Mkhi
Özil/Mkhi Lacazette Aubmeyang
thinking-gif-1.gif

JuanI

Hi Gunners.
I do not know if this information goes here but here in Argentina yesterday at midday there was talk that our managers were arranging with their own to hire their goalkeeper David Ospina.
This ... arrangement made us think that there might be a Pavón x Ospina arrangement. Has this been discussed in English sports media?

Saludos

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Hi Gunners.
I do not know if this information goes here but here in Argentina yesterday at midday there was talk that our managers were arranging with their own to hire their goalkeeper David Ospina.
This ... arrangement made us think that there might be a Pavón x Ospina arrangement. Has this been discussed in English sports media?

Saludos
Nope. No discussion of an exchange.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ademola Lookman. Saw a lot of him at Charlton and thought then he was destined for the top.

Guy wants out of Everton. I reckon he’d be in Russia right now if Allardyce hadn’t completely f*cked his development up.

Basically they signed him in January 2017 and he was playing a bit under Koeman but once his job was on the line he bottled it and wouldn’t play him.

Then Allardyce came in, froze him out and tried to bully him into going on loan to the championship even making snidey comments to the press about it.

He turned down a lot of top 6 clubs for Everton as they promised first team football which obviously never happened.

In the end Lookman forced his way on loan to Leipzig where he’d have a struggle to play. Bear in mind he was playing in a new league for a top German side without speaking the language, it was an uphill battle.

Despite this he came off the bench to score an away winner in his first game. Hassenhutl started playing him through the middle and giving him more first team chances. He ended up with 5 goals in 11 games. I caught him play a few games and he looked electric. Dunno if @Borussin @Toby Andrl or any other Bundesliga experts have more to add.

Think he could easily be playing for England in the next few months. Now’s the time to go for him.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Ademola Lookman. Saw a lot of him at Charlton and thought then he was destined for the top.

Guy wants out of Everton. I reckon he’d be in Russia right now if Allardyce hadn’t completely f*cked his development up.

Basically they signed him in January 2017 and he was playing a bit under Koeman but once his job was on the line he bottled it and wouldn’t play him.

Then Allardyce came in, froze him out and tried to bully him into going on loan to the championship even making snidey comments to the press about it.

He turned down a lot of top 6 clubs for Everton as they promised first team football which obviously never happened.

In the end Lookman forced his way on loan to Leipzig where he’d have a struggle to play. Bear in mind he was playing in a new league for a top German side without speaking the language, it was an uphill battle.

Despite this he came off the bench to score an away winner in his first game. Hassenhutl started playing him through the middle and giving him more first team chances. He ended up with 5 goals in 11 games. I caught him play a few games and he looked electric. Dunno if @Borussin @Toby Andrl or any other Bundesliga experts have more to add.

Think he could easily be playing for England in the next few months. Now’s the time to go for him.

I was impressed by his desire to go to the Bundesliga and to push that loan to RB Leipzig I have to say. Showed a lot of maturity to do that.

I saw a few games, not all, and yes he certainly made a positive impression. They did like a lot in Leipzig. It's so odd, cos the little I saw of Everton, one of the things they missed was a bit of pace and ability to score from the wings, and yet Allardyce didn't want him!

But I would guess the new coach might? Of course he maybe have got a taste for other places now.

Not sure what sort of fee he'd command but for the right price, a young player with pace, can take on players,and with end product and plenty of room for growth, could be worth a look.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I’m glad we have sold some **** players last season (walcott, chamberlain). Any chance we can sell some more wingers and sign some of these?

Douglas Costa, Thauvin, Dembele, Gnabry, Martial, Deulofeu, Coman, Mahrez, El Shaarawy, Kluivert, Malcom, Bailey, Neres

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinderz

Wondering what sort of fee Leicester could get if they decide to cash in. £50-60m?
Leicester tripling their 17m in 12 months must seem like a great return. He's already on good money for a CB at £80kpw, but we could bump him up to Mustafi money at £90-95kpw.

al-Ustaadh

Sell: Welbeck, Campbell, Akpom, Ospina, Jenkinson, Koscielny

Loan: Iwobi, Holding

Buy: Fekir

End of a perfect window.

Last edited:

Bergkamp1988

Sell: Welbeck, Campbell, Akpom, Ospina, Jenkinson, Koscielny

Loan: Iwobi, Holding

Buy: Fekir

End of a perfect window.

I like Fekir very much. But c'mon man..... How many central midfielders are we going to have ? Fekir is a CAM, like Özil and Mkhitaryan. Why in the world should we get a 3rd one?

I know he can play (out of position) on the flank but that would be another waste of talent.

Actually. I realize that most of our attacking players are playing out of position.

Auba is often on the left wing, Mkhitaryan and Özil are often on the right wing.

Only lacazette plays in his natural position in the center ...

al-Ustaadh

I like Fekir very much. But c'mon man..... How many central midfielders are we going to have ? Fekir is a CAM, like Özil and Mkhitaryan. Why in the world should we get a 3rd one?

I know he can play (out of position) on the flank but that would be another waste of talent.

Actually. I realize that most of our attacking players are playing out of position.

Auba is often on the left wing, Mkhitaryan and Özil are often on the right wing.

Only lacazette plays in his natural position in the center ...
Fekir can play on the wing though. I don’t know why people are stuck on him only playing CAM. He’s quick and very good in one-v-one.

benjamin86

Established Member
I was impressed by his desire to go to the Bundesliga and to push that loan to RB Leipzig I have to say. Showed a lot of maturity to do that.

I saw a few games, not all, and yes he certainly made a positive impression. They did like a lot in Leipzig. It's so odd, cos the little I saw of Everton, one of the things they missed was a bit of pace and ability to score from the wings, and yet Allardyce didn't want him!

But I would guess the new coach might? Of course he maybe have got a taste for other places now.

Not sure what sort of fee he'd command but for the right price, a young player with pace, can take on players,and with end product and plenty of room for growth, could be worth a look.

I think Lookman to RB is most likely agent talk, i believe Lookman is still on the contract he signed to leave Charlton and join Everton which isn't a lot.

He's definitely a Marco Silva type player in a similar vein to Richarlison.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Douglas Costa, Thauvin, Dembele, Gnabry, Martial, Deulofeu, Coman, Mahrez, El Shaarawy, Kluivert, Malcom, Bailey, Neres

Any similar suggestions?

Divided_Pie

In my "dominoes falling after Ronaldo transfer" dream:

---------------- PEA --------------
------------------------------------
--------------------------- Dybala
Mkhi -----------------------------
--------------- Özil ---------------
---- N'Zonzi ------- Lucas -----
Monreal ---------------- Bellerin
------ Sokratis ---- Pavard -----
-------------- Leno ---------------

Bench:
Cech
Mavropanos
Kolasinac
Elneny
AMN
Welbeck
Lacazette

Sell:
Ramsey
Xhaka
Mustafi
Chambers
Campbell
Perez

StefanB

I'm sad about the Benatia rumours dying out. Would still love for him to come in.

Would also still like a more pure winger with pace and dribbling ability, but other than that I'm quite happy with the current squad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom