• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I think we finally have that player who is good in possession and the link between defense and attack.
Last year our build up suffered a lot because the central defenders didn't trust the central midfielders, who were always liable to lose the ball under pressure.
This kid is like Dembele and Cazorla in a way. Cool control of the ball and pretty calm with his passing, but will need to gain some muscle mass in order to really shield the ball like a boss.

Very weak physically and switch off in defense. Need to be more alert and have better clue if he should attack ball or close space.

Might need season or two of work in u23 team.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
As he fills out naturally and hopefully supplements that with first rate weight training he's got every chance of becoming a real stud in midfield. The defensive instincts need some work but that's to be expected at his age. His technique and athleticism as well as his vision and passing range are very impressive already. You add strength and positional awareness to the mix and you've got star potential. Looks to be a really astute signing by Sven.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Matteo is more confident than elneny. Elneny won't dribble or move the ball forward he always go with safe play.

while I like Matteo confidence but I don't like him dribbling near to our box instead of just start an attack with forward pass that will always put in trouble

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Was very impressed with him. The confidence he’s shown at 19 will stand him in good stead.

Very good passer and can carry the ball forward too- also seems to have a great engine.

Really like what I’ve seen so far.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A deep midfielder who's composed on the ball, can dribble out of trouble, makes the right passes and isn't rash? Wow, it's been a while. Torreira too. We actually have hope going forward in this position now.

Jae

He's still got a way to go, but for me his play is miles more positive than someone like Xhaka or El Neny already. It's been a long time since we've seen someone in that position who's first instinct is to turn his man and run into the space. Just needs to work on his defensive attributes and bulk up a bit.

nick gould

He's still got a way to go, but for me his play is miles more positive than someone like Xhaka or El Neny already. It's been a long time since we've seen someone in that position who's first instinct is to turn his man and run into the space. Just needs to work on his defensive attributes and bulk up a bit.
So so easy on the eye. Always looking for the ball, he shows so much urgency when he is moving into space to receive the ball. Strikers given the task to block his angles could not keep up. Reminds me of pirlo. Love him already. Our young stars can not afford to sit on their laurels and hope they make it to the first based on being British alone. He is also providing a good yardstick on which to measure the likes of Maitland Miles. We can’t just say they have potential to do better than Elneny. There is someone of a similar age in their midst they should be working hard to better.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

So so easy on the eye. Always looking for the ball, he shows so much urgency when he is moving into space to receive the ball. Strikers given the task to block his angles could not keep up. Reminds me of pirlo. Love him already. Our young stars can not afford to sit on their laurels and hope they make it to the first based on being British alone. He is also providing a good yardstick on which to measure the likes of Maitland Miles. We can’t just say they have potential to do better than Elneny. There is someone of a similar age in their midst they should be working hard to better.

I agree mate. I'm British and I personally feel like we overrate quite a lot of our talent anyway. They should be worried if I'm being honest.

cannonade

Established Member
Reminds me of Dil from “The Crying Game”. It’s been creeping me out since we signed him. Now it’s all I see.

Wryer

Very very promising isn't it?

Central midfield is a very unique position in terms of skillset required. You don't need to be the best player in your team, but you have ultimate influence on the team's shape and tempo.

Still a bit naive and physically disdvantaged in the final defensive third, but ahead of that he is very mature in his pass selections and offensive positioning. Technically good too. Sharp and quick over the 2-3 yards. Not quite lightning fast but good change of pace.

Above all - the way he adjust and position his body even BEFORE he receives the ball. All elite midfielders have this sense of touch and space. This makes the extra second of time that is a luxury in midfielder. It also makes the player press resistant.

He is obviously not yet ready in the PL, but fairly sure he is going to make it. An 8m pound 19 year old from Ligue 2 - this is not your typical punt at a young promising player. It's a intended investment bordering lavish based on our standards. Looking forward.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Actually don't see much too impressive about this bloke which our other kids don't have :lol:. He'actually looks a bit technically loose . Think Torreira on the other hand is a real talent.

Wryer

Torreira is on another level. Bit tough on Guendozi to be compared to him.

Other kids from the club? Other than AMN, I don't feel the likes of Willock has that something special in midfield. But hey, it's so early in their careers it's hard to conclude anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom