• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Wait, he’s only using £45m of his own money to buy out Usmanov. The other £557m is a loan, which he says won’t be on the club.

But this means he’ll now have complete power to start taking out ‘management fees’ like he’s done before and divends, without any checks.

The Arsenal Supporters Trust are very concerned and called it a ‘dark day’.:(
He owns 100% of the club. He owes money. The stadium and club are an asset. Mmmm........

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hasn't Kronke had 10 years to prove you wrong already?

I think its a lot different when you don't have full ownership of something.

If I owned 70% stake in a billion pound business and I knew some other guy wanted to buy me out I wouldn't put any money into that business until I was the full owner, otherwise you could just be losing big cash, we aren't talking thousands we're talking multi millions. If you're going to invest in transfers its go big or go home in this market. As a businessman Kroenke has done what you'd expect. Although none of us agree with it, from his point of view I understand.

Now he has full ownership, again, as a business man he should be thinking if I add investment now, if we do genuinely win the PL or CL at some point in the next 5 years, then I'll be a lot better off.

Gursha

I was an all out kronke out when wenger was here.

The timing of this is so bad, shows the guy doesnt know a thing about football and how much it means to us, its all business to him.

But in spite all of that, im not willing to fall into negativity again, specially not when we are at the dawn of a new era, i will give this takeover time to prove itself, maybe now with no internal conflicts he will do better? ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

When he proves he hasnt changed and even worsen with all his new privileges than ill support protesting

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think its a lot different when you don't have full ownership of something.

If I owned 70% stake in a billion pound business and I knew some other guy wanted to buy me out I wouldn't put any money into that business until I was the full owner, otherwise you could just be losing big cash, we aren't talking thousands we're talking multi millions. If you're going to invest in transfers its go big or go home in this market. As a businessman Kroenke has done what you'd expect. Although none of us agree with it, from his point of view I understand.

Now he has full ownership, again, as a business man he should be thinking if I add investment now, if we do genuinely win the PL or CL at some point in the next 5 years, then I'll be a lot better off.
He has had effective control for years. The reason he hasn't invested in the club is that he doesn't believe in it. He believes in keeping things ticking but not in trying to be one of the world's best teams because as you say "he is a businessman". He doesn't like "soccer", he is not an Arsenal fan. He worships money and he wants the Arsenal because he wants more money.

So the only "investment" that will come into the Arsenal is a proportion of whatever operating profits Arsenal makes. The rest will go into his vaults and there will be no new money. Being optimistic is one thing but not seeing how things are shaping up is being an ostrich. The guy has a track record on this.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Well isn't like he gave us zero money to spend our failure in last 10 years it's was because of poor management from Wenger and refusing to improve the team. Because since 2013 we spent like 350-400M on transfers
Please point out to me, with supporting references, what evidence you have that Kronke has "given" Arsenal anything.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He has had effective control for years. The reason he hasn't invested in the club is that he doesn't believe in it. He believes in keeping things ticking but not in trying to be one of the world's best teams because as you say "he is a businessman". He doesn't like "soccer", he is not an Arsenal fan. He worships money and he wants the Arsenal because he wants more money.

So the only "investment" that will come into the Arsenal is a proportion of whatever operating profits Arsenal makes. The rest will go into his vaults and there will be no new money. Being optimistic is one thing but not seeing how things are shaping up is being an ostrich. The guy has a track record on this.
Tbf to Kroenke, the club has been preaching the self-sustainable model for a long time now. Spend only what you earn

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Please point out to me, with supporting references, what evidence you have that Kronke has "given" Arsenal anything.
I don't know he maybe didn't give arsenal the full support financially. But I'm willing to see what he'll do now he own the club. If continue to get bad there is that Nigerian billionaire will try to buy the club soon anyway

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm content to wait for some impartial analysis as to what this means for the club - meanwhile Josh taking over from Gazidis seems to me better for the club than a CEO at odds with the owner

Preacher

Always Crying
Dj-yBtZX4AAPeoe.jpg:large

m-due

All his sports franchises in the U.S are mediocre apart from the Hockey club [Colorado Avalanche] which experienced successes in his early years of ownership. They soon crumbled and became mediocre. Arsenal club is the pick of the crop out of his franchises in terms of prestige and honors. We will continue to be punching above our level for a while. I feel bad for the new manager.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hope Usmanov really is an Arsenal fan and keeps his shares. If Arsenal go into private ownership is will be disaster, no viewable accounts, no BoD, he could even register the club in America, imagine that, Arsenal become American! (no offence to Americans on AM)

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't know he maybe didn't give arsenal the full support financially. But I'm willing to see what he'll do now he own the club. If continue to get bad there is that Nigerian billionaire will try to buy the club soon anyway
He didn't give Arsenal anything. He used his money to buy shares to achieve control. He then tested the waters by paying himself fees, there was an outcry. So he goes for full ownership where he can pay himself whatever he wants and not even tell anyone.

The Nigerian billionaire or whoever. Anyone but Kronkes.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I hope Usmanov really is an Arsenal fan and keeps his shares. If Arsenal go into private ownership is will be disaster, no viewable accounts, no BoD, he could even register the club in America, imagine that, Arsenal become American! (no offence to Americans on AM)
Usmanov is not an Arsenal fan either. His only advantage was that he might have put money in the club.

Top Bottom