• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
At this point he's just being rude, like staying at a dinner party till midnight when the hosts clearly want to go to bed. If it was me I'd leave purely out of embarrassment.
I'd feel ashamed for doing what the likes of Cambell and Jenkinson are doing. I know there is a contract signed and the club has to respect it, but ffs have some respect for the club that made you a millionaire in the first place.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
May as well chuck him in the cup games in the hope he impresses to earn a January move.
We've been saying this stuff for years :lol:. he had an impressive WC, we got great bids, we didnt sell. He had a decent season for us, couldn't shift him... and multiple loans where he has been rubbish.

How much are we paying this guy? It must be because of his wages. At the moment i'm surprised if any club would want to pay him more than 25k a week

dslacker

I'd feel ashamed for doing what the likes of Cambell and Jenkinson are doing. I know there is a contract signed and the club has to respect it, but ffs have some respect for the club that made you a millionaire in the first place.

You two should hang your heads in shame. To suggest that these guys sacrifice millions of dollars because the club that signed them is not picking them.

Have some respect for the club that made you millionaires, what a joke. These guys made themselves millionaires. I suppose everything you own is because of your employers not that you decided to get a job and a career. Maybe at work when you haven't been selected for a promotion you tell your company not to pay you that year.

I know this is sport and a hobby and a bit of a laugh for you but good lord man.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Joel missed almost the entire season with injury. Blew out his knee against Canada last summer, then had serious ankle problems. A lot of clubs that otherwise would like to have him aren't going to make an investment until they see that he's back to health and form. It's really unfair to blame him for the current situation. He's a good guy and has always played hard when given the chance.

Joel missed almost the entire season with injury. Blew out his knee against Canada last summer, then had serious ankle problems. A lot of clubs that otherwise would like to have him aren't going to make an investment until they see that he's back to health and form. It's really unfair to blame him for the current situation. He's a good guy and has always played hard when given the chance.
We have seen some good moments from Campbell but sadly Wenger and his injury record has stopped him progressing. Who knows if he gets fit like has been mentioned already he could be a key player for Europa games. He certainly looks decent when playing in Europe. I think that competition and top 4 in Emerys priority. So if Campbell does stay it may not be the worst especially if (as expected) we dont bring in a top wide player this window.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We have seen some good moments from Campbell but sadly Wenger and his injury record has stopped him progressing. Who knows if he gets fit like has been mentioned already he could be a key player for Europa games. He certainly looks decent when playing in Europe. I think that competition and top 4 in Emerys priority. So if Campbell does stay it may not be the worst especially if (as expected) we dont bring in a top wide player this window.

Yep. He can actually be a useful player if he's fit. At the very least, he can play in cup games. Then, whether he's sold in January or leaves for free next summer, hopefully he'll find a good situation for himself. Good health is the key right now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

One of the biggest mistakes of Wengers tenure was not selling this guy post world cup. He was and remains rubbish whilst we could have fetched a decent fee and him remaining created horrible atmosphere that season "get out while you can Joel!"

Reactions: A_G

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not good enough, flattered to deceive. Should have been sold four years ago. Prefers more money to a proper career.

One of the biggest mistakes of Wengers tenure was not selling this guy post world cup. He was and remains rubbish whilst we could have fetched a decent fee and him remaining created horrible atmosphere that season "get out while you can Joel!"
Not paying a few mils extra to get Ronaldo, going for Walcott instead of Bale, not getting Zlatan because of stupid trial offering - those were big mistakes. Not selling Joel Campell I would call a small misjudgement.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not paying a few mils extra to get Ronaldo, going for Walcott instead of Bale, not getting Zlatan because of stupid trial offering - those were big mistakes. Not selling Joel Campell I would call a small misjudgement.
You're correct.

The difference in those situations and the Campbell one were down to money, judgement and a poor choice of words. We were also riding a high and those decisions could easily be over looked.

The Campbell situation was different. The environment was different and I feel it was one of the few times Wenger gave into fan pressure as opposed to his own judgement. So not one of his biggest mistakes but potentially the worst decision to cave to fans demands

Rouski

You're correct.

The difference in those situations and the Campbell one were down to money, judgement and a poor choice of words. We were also riding a high and those decisions could easily be over looked.

The Campbell situation was different. The environment was different and I feel it was one of the few times Wenger gave into fan pressure as opposed to his own judgement. So not one of his biggest mistakes but potentially the worst decision to cave to fans demands

It is reported that the signing of Campbell was not Wenger's decision at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom