• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we were to get one. Nobody would know who it is until tomorrow seeing as other clubs are looking for Cb's. United being one of them.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Loaning out Chambers and not signing a CB is up there with only signing Cech in the summer of 2015. Awful decision.

While I would like to see Arsenal bring in an experienced CB before the deadline, I totally get loaning out Chambers. He needs to play. It's the only way of figuring out if he's going to be good enough to play for Arsenal in the future. Four CBs should be enough (hopefully Koscielny will make it 5 after Christmas). Nacho can play there in a pinch. Hell, Chelsea won the league a few years ago with no other CBs than Terry, Cahill and a Premier League virgin in Zouma. Arsenal just needs to do a better job of keeping guys healthy.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
His profile picture! :lol:

kVz7Fs7o_400x400.jpg

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
- Cech, Leno*, Martinez

- Lichtsteiner*, Bellerin, Sokratis*, Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding, Mavropanos, Monreal, Kolasinac

Xhaka, Ramsey, Torreira*, Guendouzi*, Elneny, AMN

- Özil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Nelson

- Aubameyang, Lacazette, Welbeck, Nketiah

26 players there, 8 of whom are homegrown. I keep forgetting the rules, how big has the squad gotta be and how many homegrown players do you need?

I suppose Nketiah might not even be included, in which case it would be 25 and 7.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I suppose Nketiah might not even be included, in which case it would be 25 and 7.
- Cech, Leno*, Martinez

- Lichtsteiner*, Bellerin, Sokratis*, Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding, Mavropanos, Monreal, Kolasinac

Xhaka, Ramsey, Torreira*, Guendouzi*, Elneny, AMN

- Özil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Nelson

- Aubameyang, Lacazette, Welbeck, Nketiah

26 players there, 8 of whom are homegrown. I keep forgetting the rules, how big has the squad gotta be and how many homegrown players do you need?

Maximum squad size of 25.

Max of 17 non home
Grown. Only players over 21 count as home grown or non.

There are 15 non home grown in your list and that's including Koscielny who probably won't be registered. We are more than fine.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our squad on paper will have 20 registered players as so many players are under 21. We put so much into AMN playing out of position and not getting game time. It's astounding to think he is only 20.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
With no new signing I guess we haven’t seen the last of Elneny at CB.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We absolutely NEED more signings to compete (even for top 4). Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves

This squad is more than good enough to get top 4. We got to CL final with a back 4 of Flaimini, Senderos, Toure and Eboue whilst LCFC won the league with Wes morgan and Danny Simpson in defence. I am pretty sure PEA will do a RVP and single handily get us into the top 4 with his goals let alone with the likes of Lacazette, Mkhi and Özil addding to the firepower.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
This squad is more than good enough to get top 4. We got to CL final with a back 4 of Flaimini, Senderos, Toure and Eboue whilst LCFC won the league with Wes morgan and Danny Simpson in defence. I am pretty sure PEA will do a RVP and single handily get us into the top 4 with his goals let alone with the likes of Lacazette, Mkhi and Özil addding to the firepower.

I think it can get top 4, but we'll need some luck in terms of no or few injuries to key senior players. There's quality in the squad but not in depth.

I'd focus solely on the PL and try to have it so that the first team for PL games only plays like once a week. Fully use the whole squad, don't overplay key players and risk injuries to them, cos we simply can't replace them.

Even then it's no guarantee, we'll need to do well and have two other teams perform pretty badly. In terms of depth our squad is surely the poorest of the top 6.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Finishing top 4 we'll need to get wins away from home. Because at Emirates I'm expecting 15/16 wins from 19 we'll keep our good form

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Problem is that pride always comes into play. We know that the PL and latter stages of Europa League is all that matters this season, but everyone wants to win every game. You have to hold your nerve and not be tempted to play key players in unimportant games just cos you wanna win. League Cup and FA Cup essentially don't matter this season, so don't bother playing first-choice players in those games at all.

Gotta be ruthless if we're taking this squad into the season. Be sober about it. We don't have quality in depth, so ration your quality for when it matters. That means that come April or so you'll have a better chance to reach your targets.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Problem is that pride always comes into play. We know that the PL and latter stages of Europa League is all that matters this season, but everyone wants to win every game. You have to hold your nerve and not be tempted to play key players in unimportant games just cos you wanna win. League Cup and FA Cup essentially don't matter this season, so don't bother playing first-choice players in those games at all.

Gotta be ruthless if we're taking this squad into the season. Be sober about it. We don't have quality in depth, so ration your quality for when it matters. That means that come April or so you'll have a better chance to reach your targets.
Out first team played once a week for almost the whole season last season. Didn’t help much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom