• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
First-team squad going in to the new season...

Goalkeeper
Cech
Leno
Martinez

Defenders
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscielny
Sokratis
Mavropanos
Holding
Monreal
Kolasinac
Lichsteiner
Jenkinson

Midfielders
Ramsey
Torreira
Guendouzi
Xhaka
Elneny
Özil
Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Maitland-Niles
Nelson

Forwards
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Welbeck
Nketiah​

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
As always

1-2 upgrades from being truly great

Should've gone for a great left CB and a Liechtensteiner type guy as cm backup

And a winger/striker

Holding, Eddie and AMN could have gone out on loan and gotten 30+ games

Joel, Jenks and Ospina just gone.

Rouski

Re-post from 2017/18 thread. Squad options:
1 Leno
2 Bellerin
3 Koscielny
4 Sokratis
5 Monreal
6 Torreira
7 Xhaka
8 Ramsey
9 Lacazette
10 Özil
11 Aubameyang

12 Cech
13 Lichtsteiner
14 Mustafi
15 Holding
16 Kolasinac
17 Elneny
18 Maitland-Niles
19 Guendouzi
20 Mkhitaryan
21 Iwobi
22 Welbeck

23 Martinez
24 Osei-Tutu
25 Mavropanos
26 Pleguezuelo
27 T. Bola
28 Bielik
29 Sheaf
30 Wilcock
31 Nelson
32 Smith-Rowe
33 Nketiah

Left out Left out Ospina, Jenkinson and Campbell.

One great forward in Aubameyang and one very talented in Nketiah, hope Nketiah will see some game time this season!

Our defense is very weak. Wanted a big signing in CB but we got another stopgap who will have a lot of up and downs this season. Like Lichtsteiner though, hope AMN and Bellerin can learn a thing or two from him!

Midfield I don't worry about as much because we have a lot of players to try to create balance. Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey could form a nice midfield pairing as the season goes on! Vital that Elneny doesn't play. Game time must go to youngsters instead!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Pleased me that our defence was better than our attack yesterday in some ways, I know how good our attack can and will be.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Down to 7 fit senior defenders which has to be a concern this early in the season.

Longy

Needs proper GK ( not sure about Leno)

Weak defence.

Replace Ramsey with a solid CM

Tricky, speedy winger

Then we are getting somewhere.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Our squad lacks power and pace across all areas of the team.

We don't have a fast CB, as Koscielney has slowed down a lot and will come back with less acceleration. We only have one strong CB in Sokratis - my point? We don't have much variety. I think we actually have a good mix of options for either full back or wingback, especially if we consider Maitlamd Nikes an option. I don't know enough about Leno to comment on our go situation.

I actually rate our defensive options, I'd like a fast and physical CB though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Our squad lacks power and pace across all areas of the team.

We don't have a fast CB, as Koscielney has slowed down a lot and will come back with less acceleration. We only have one strong CB in Sokratis - my point? We don't have much variety. I think we actually have a good mix of options for either full back or wingback, especially if we consider Maitlamd Nikes an option. I don't know enough about Leno to comment on our go situation.

I actually rate our defensive options, I'd like a fast and physical CB though.

Yep, the Mustafi and Sokratis purchases are hurting us. I would've preferred we used the 55m or so to buy a qualify powerful CB that has a turning circle faster than a tank and can run.

We need some proper wingers too, but that's a by product of the old regime as well as partly down to use not having enough money to spend, but still it's disappointing.

Hope

Less
Our Strikers are ****. No conviction in anything.

How many times has auba or laca threatened defenders?

Answer is zero.

Cant control, cant hold up.

Useless piece of **** strikers.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Answer is zero.

Disagree wholeheartedly. They're there to put chances away and have done through out their careers. We lack attackers who take it to the opposition.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Answer is zero.

both players scored about 200 goals between them last 3 season before joining us so to call them useless is bit harsh.

FinnGooner

Established Member
As good of a talent Guendouzi is, it's quite telling that a 19 year old prospect without previous experience of PL is the first name on our team sheet as far as center of midfield of concerned. Torreira better hit the ground running once he gets his chance. Also, Bellerin needs to be dropped for Lichts. Overall, I just feel our squad doesn't meet the requirements needed for Emery's style of football. This is going to be a long season for us. At least two more transfer windows needed for Emery to get the squad right. Unfortunately at that point, guys like Mkhi and Auba are already over the hill or thereabouts.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bramall has been included in the 25 man squad for the PL, but not included for the 45 man Europa League squad...hmm. Certainly one of the more bizarre purchases we've had, not quite Bischoff level bizarre, but close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom