• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hello lads, City fan here who passes through occasionally. Interesting season for you. Wenger has gone, but it had to be done. One of the greatest managers in the game, not a shadow of doubt about it.
You’re already on my follow list. Welcome bro.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
DkPqHLfXsAAsuts.jpg:large

He's a humble guy

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
DkPqHLfXsAAsuts.jpg:large

He's a humble guy

His press conference was refreshing. I liked it. I love his optimistic vibe

on the prospect of winning the league...
My first message is clear. Think about each match. Enjoy the challenges of each match. I am looking every day and the players are smiling in training with a big collective spirit. They are working and finishing tired but with a smile also on their face. For me, that is the best message I can give the supporters. It's for that, my message for Sunday is optimism.

I can't wait :bounce:

c00lguy

I haven't followed our pre-season that much, but I'm excited for our first match of the new season.

Now we begin.

cannonade

Established Member
Alright people. I need help. In the states our TV coverage has become abysmal. I've been spoiled and have never really had to resort to streaming games. That will change this year. Is there a thread in here that'll help me figure out how to subvert these greedy bastard broadcasters in the USA? If not, can anyone give me advice? Sorry if this has been covered before. As I said, I've never even had to think about it, as TV coverage has been pretty nice for the last couple of years.

Cheers.
Tried totalsportek.com ?

Peterq

Pep's way of playing is well known but Unai's Arsenal is a bit of unknow territory. The tactical approach may surprise us. It will be really interesting match.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Don't you think that we sufferd a lot of pessimism in recent seasons ? Time to look on bright side a little bit.
I've always looked on the bright side, mostly.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but when you look at things objectively I think it's hard to say that we will; at least on paper.
Our defense is questionable, City are solid everywhere and their best players are ready for the game despite the WC.
Emery is untested and it might take a little time for him to get running, I mean just look at Pep's first season he had some horrible losses.

It's not that I don't want us to win and there's always a chance, but it's unlikely, we're facing an overwhelming record-breaking force.

You wouldn't find me pouting if we do though! :D

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I think we’ll surprise a few against Man City and this season.

Granted Emery is untested but so are teams playing against his system, no one really knows what to expect from us, how we’ll line up and what tactics we’ll use. You always had a good chance against Arsenal if you surrendered possesion and parked the bus. It worked under Wenger but I’m not sure that’s going to be case now, Emery is to clever. Unpredictability should be our advantage at least early in the season.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
My prediction:

City blow you away -> Small section of the fanbase (the AFTV crowd) will go mental and denounce Emery as a fraud -> You comfortably beat Chelsea a week later -> Same fans now think you'll win the league.
This imaginary AFTV crowd doesn’t exist let’s be honest. It’s kind of strange that people are still on this AFTV bad guys narrative in 2018.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not easy to select the starting 11 because RB is not obvious, neither is midfield. I'm going with this.

-----------------------Leno
Bellerin-----Mustafi-----Sokratis----Monreal
------------Xhaka------------Torreira
Mkhi-----------------Özil------------------PEA
--------------------Lacazette

If this is our front 4, I want to see a dynamic attack with players switching all over, PEA for Laca, Özil for Mkhi. All 4 of them are capable of this, it would make a very potent attack. Our defence still looks vulnerable.

Rouski

Tough game, will take a draw.

--------------------------------------Cech------------------------------------------

----Belerin------------------Mustaffi---------------Sokratis------------Niles---

-----------------------------Torreria----------------Xhaka--------------------

----------------Özil----------------------Ramsey-----------------Aubamenyang

------------------------------------------Lacazette-------------------------------

We will take a win

FEH

This imaginary AFTV crowd doesn’t exist let’s be honest. It’s kind of strange that people are still on this AFTV bad guys narrative in 2018.

Tell me about it. Bandwagoners who probably dont even watch the channel. Emery will get time whether we win or get pumped 4-0.

Token Yank

Not easy to select the starting 11 because RB is not obvious, neither is midfield. I'm going with this.

-----------------------Leno
Bellerin-----Mustafi-----Sokratis----Monreal
------------Xhaka------------Torreira
Mkhi-----------------Özil------------------PEA
--------------------Lacazette

If this is our front 4, I want to see a dynamic attack with players switching all over, PEA for Laca, Özil for Mkhi. All 4 of them are capable of this, it would make a very potent attack. Our defence still looks vulnerable.
This would be my formation but sub Lichtensteiner and Cech in for Bellerin and Leno. I wouldn’t put Leno in until after Chelsea. Let him gain some confidence playing against the lesser teams. Bellerin just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom