• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 18/19: Matchday 1

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Pogba will develop depression

Frekkin stupid by Mou to not set the team up to better use the dudes skills

Great redemption by Shaw motm imo

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This United squad still have serious amount of talent. And if they can have Bailly in their defence for an extended period then it'll be far better for them than Smalling or Jones in there. Shaw looks like he has a point to prove, maybe it's a case of him finally getting the message, you saw even by Jose's reaction that it isn't just a case of picking on him for no reason and that he actually wants him to do well.

As for the goal you conceded, De Gea being completely rooted to his spot is nothing new. No doubt he'll escape criticism though because he saved a shot that pretty much straight at him or at least quite central.

Tir Na Nog

Pogba was unreal tbh. Is close to asserting himself as the best midfielder in the league. I mean he pretty much has to carry the United midfield in terms of attacking.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Pogba will develop depression

Frekkin stupid by Mou to not set the team up to better use the dudes skills

Great redemption by Shaw motm imo

I thought Pogba was great tbh. Played a great part in both goals, similar to France/Deschamp performances - simple but effective. Our overall performance was poor though. For me Bailly and Pereira were the stand outs.

Hope things get better in terms of control when Matic and Lukaku are starting but not so sure.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

They tweeted something like this every time he played last season too

Long may it continue.

He brings something upfront with his unpredictability & ability to create a chance out of nothing but he does hamper the play frequently by halting the momentum whenever he loses the ball, which is constantly.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I thought Pogba was great tbh. Played a great part in both goals, similar to France/Deschamp performances - simple but effective. Our overall performance was poor though. For me Bailly and Pereira were the stand outs.

Hope things get better in terms of control when Matic and Lukaku are starting but not so sure.

Yes good game but I want to see him released to fully see the greatness

It is sorta like Zlatan at barca, why buy a ferrari and drive it like a Fiat?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The speed and penetration from his own backline were bloody awesome .
That’s great bro but if he follows it up with a cross that goes out on the other side...what’s the point? I can never understand how these guys play in the premier league and can’t cross. It is not that difficult...sure you have less time at this level but even when they have time to put their head up they completely blow it.

Tir Na Nog

How? Has been crossing to Ghezzal on the other side the whole game.

Gotta say I wasn't impressed by him at all. He looked very poor offensively, and anytime he was in a bit of space he slowed things down too much. He dwelled on the ball a lot and as you said his crossing wasn't great. At times it even seemed like United let him have the ball and weren't greatly worried about his ability to pick out a forward or make something really happen. Defensively hard to judge because Mata kept coming on the inside while Darmian didn't overlap much so hadn't much to deal with but from the offensive point of view I wasn't blown away by him. Just looked like a mid-table left back. Certainly not someone you'd be spending huge money on.

razörist

Gotta say I wasn't impressed by him at all. He looked very poor offensively, and anytime he was in a bit of space he slowed things down too much. He dwelled on the ball a lot and as you said his crossing wasn't great. At times it even seemed like United let him have the ball and weren't greatly worried about his ability to pick out a forward or make something really happen. Defensively hard to judge because Mata kept coming on the inside while Darmian didn't overlap much so hadn't much to deal with but from the offensive point of view I wasn't blown away by him. Just looked like a mid-table left back. Certainly not someone you'd be spending huge money on.
I wasn’t impressed by anyone on the pitch yesterday from Leicester, that Ghezzal guy plays exactly like I remember him from the EL Lyon matches in the last few years before he played for Monaco. He is Mahrez light, if Mahrez never actually tried to get past someone. I think Ricardo Pereira will do well, but he needs some time to get used to the PL.

Pogba was dominant yesterday. Calm, composed, he played like a leader. Scary to see, I hope it stops soon.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That’s great bro but if he follows it up with a cross that goes out on the other side...what’s the point? I can never understand how these guys play in the premier league and can’t cross. It is not that difficult...sure you have less time at this level but even when they have time to put their head up they completely blow it.

Maybe knee jerk , but I value fullbacks who can break through presses like he did , reminded me a bit of the great Eboue . Yeah so true about crossing it's ridiculous but can be taught/ altered over a pre season , Arsenal reinvented the RVP's shooting technique to prevent further injuries so it can be done .

razörist

Maybe knee jerk , but I value fullbacks who can break through presses like he did , reminded me a bit of the great Eboue . Yeah so true about crossing it's ridiculous but can be taught/ altered over a pre season , Arsenal reinvented the RVP's shooting technique to prevent further injuries so it can be done .
It is really ridiculous like how Bellerin still can’t whip a cross in a dangerous area, either its completely off target or it has no pace.

Tell me more about that RVP story, I don’t remember.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It is really ridiculous like how Bellerin still can’t whip a cross in a dangerous area, either its completely off target or it has no pace.

Tell me more about that RVP story, I don’t remember.

Read it in 2010 apparently his shooting technique was contributing to injury , by the way who is Wiel Coerver ? Van Persie is a big advocate of the Coerver method when it comes to football technique.

Yeah no excuse for Bellerin to be so crap at it . Makes no sense.

Top Bottom