• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Emery is playing it relatively safe, I don't think he wants to change too much in terms of the back 5 and with AMN have to come in at LB and Sokratis being new, he probably wants a bit of familiarity with the experienced Cech there. Once Sokratis and Mustafi form a partnership then we can start to bring in Leno as it'll be a bit easier.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Kind of interesting going into a game where we don’t know what the team is, what the tactics will be, how we’ll perform, whether we’ll win lose or draw, whether we’ll be brilliant or sh*te.

Bit like going on a blind date.

Tir Na Nog

They play with two offensive midfielders in midfield and two attacking wingers.
This is supposed to be impossible according to arsenal fans. Arsenal need a DM, a DLP/DM, and a workhorse #8 to survive in the PL otherwise you’ll get destroyed in midfield and concede a million goals.

Two offensive full-backs and two ball playing CB's too. It's as close to a perfect team in terms of dominating games and absolutely destroying teams as you'll get.

I agree that the typical "destroyer" type in midfielder or the box-to-box work horse isn't as essential as people make it out to be if you've got a team capable of keeping the ball extremely and being well drilled out of possession that their weaknesses don't get exposed. Certainly City of all teams have the luxury of playing this way and playing with so many offensive minded players due to their qualities on the ball.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Kind of interesting going into a game...whether we’ll win lose or draw, whether we’ll be brilliant or sh*te.
Well...(save the lecturing, four paragraphs and a group hug) not much has changed then.

Jae

There's never going to be a better time to play City with so many of their players coming back late from the world cup.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

They play with two offensive midfielders in midfield and two attacking wingers.
This is supposed to be impossible according to arsenal fans. Arsenal need a DM, a DLP/DM, and a workhorse #8 to survive in the PL otherwise you’ll get destroyed in midfield and concede a million goals.
You've respectfully not watched City. Kdb is both a dlp, a work horse and just sublime. He is a more refined version of one of our own. And it's pretty dam hard to be more rounded than Ramsey but even circle meets up with Kdb and says hey you're new.

Tir Na Nog

You've respectfully not watched City. Kdb is both a dlp, a work horse and just sublime. He is a more refined version of one of our own. And it's pretty dam hard to be more rounded than Ramsey but even circle meets up with Kdb and says hey you're new.

You know what he means though, people think that the Kante type midfielder is essential to be successful. I mean where's the Kante type in the Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi midfield? The thing is though they still work tremendously hard, as does KDB as you've said. It's more the idea that you need a player who's sole purpose is to just break up the play and work hard for the team, all of City's players have a key role on the ball while they're still expected to work extremely hard off the ball.

In fairness to Kante it's possibly not the best example anymore because he's improved in terms of what he does on the ball and utilises it extremely well.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Ramsey is no where near kdb ffs. And just because he can play those roles well doesn’t mean that you can deny the fact that he’s an offensive player to the core.

Santi was an AM/winger when we bought him and he did better than most “natural” CMs in the league whilst still being an offensive threat for our team with mesut in front of him. That was probably the last time we played attractive football the rare times they played together in midfield.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You know what he means though, people think that the Kante type midfielder is essential to be successful. I mean where's the Kante type in the Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi midfield? The thing is though they still work tremendously hard, as does KDB as you've said. It's more the idea that you need a player who's sole purpose is to just break up the play and work hard for the team, all of City's players have a key role on the ball while they're still expected to work extremely hard off the ball.

In fairness to Kante it's possibly not the best example anymore because he's improved in terms of what he does on the ball and utilises it extremely well.
I’m fine with a kante in midfield and I actually think it can be essential if you have two offensive players ahead of him like KDB/Silva or Kroos/Modric. But don’t play Xhaka and Ramsey ahead(or xhaka next to him) of him ffs. That’s why I hope we don’t see a Torreira-Xhaka Ramsey midfield. There’s literally no creativity

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
As I was reading the transcript of Emery’s press conference during a meeting today, I realized I don’t know what one of these sounds like without Wengerisms.
Brave new world.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Isn't this most football fans though?
Obviously it can vary a little, but every fanbase has that in them. People fail to see this because every club is at a different level, with different goals and beliefs. Even though some fanbases might seem less annoying, thats simply because they have less social media exposure, or their club is meeting the general expectation of the fans and media. Every decently sized club has the same ratio of idiots supporting it haha.

I find it absurd when people label groups of fans a certain way, Arsenal and Liverpool fans I'd say are the most complained about online but thats simply because we have a big young fanbase online and we are big clubs who aren't performing the way we deserve in recent years (lpool improved only last year). It therefore divides the fans more and we look more crazy as a fanbase :lol:.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope at least 2 of Xhaka, Torreira and Ramsey can play. Although they don't have match sharpness compared to the city side which is so worrying...

I therefore want us to play a solid lineup where we play 3 midfielders rather than 2.
-------------Leno
Bel----Mus-----Sok----AMN
----Tor--Xhak--Ramsey
---Mkhy--Auba---Özil

We dont have the sharpness to beat city on footballing ability (even if everyone was fit tbh). The midfield could easily be much different based off fitness but I just filled it with the best case scenario.

We could alternatively play heavily on the counter by putting auba on the left wing with Özil drifting off the right and laca up top, to try to be as efficient as possible when we get chances.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If Cech starts in the league I think we’ll see an error playing it around at the back before the first international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom