• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Reckon Musti will be one of our most improved players this season; if that is enough remains to be seen. Elements of his game that is disastrous but could be "coached out". Other elements that are excellent and well suited to the league. Still only 26yr of age, mind you.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Man shut the hell up. You shouldn't need to be told you're ****ing up for some of the **** he pulled.

37OB-fypikwt4288554.gif

This clown stays pointing and moaning as he trys to shift the blame of his ****ness on the pitch, so I'm not surprised by this nonsense response.

Is this genuine? He's basically saying Wenger and his coaches were useless at their job. I have to admit, in the time that Mustafi has been here, I'd have to agree with him!

Not useless, dude please.

Wenger methods were just different than to Emery. Many players improved under Wenger, even in recent years. But then in the end of his career here you could see a few players that would have benefit from more direct instructions, namely Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bellerin and Ramsey.

By the way, it is yet to be seen if Mustafi has improved or not. So he really should work more and talk less.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not useless, dude please.

Wenger methods were just different than to Emery. Many players improved under Wenger, even in recent years. But then in the end of his career here you could see a few players that would have benefit from more direct instructions, namely Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bellerin and Ramsey.

By the way, it is yet to be seen if Mustafi has improved or not. So he really should work more and talk less.

Hey dude :) I was asking if this was a genuine Mustafi quote! If it is then it's very damning of Wenger and his management. Also I said in the time Mustafi has been here, ie 2 years! Anyway, my main point is that one of our starting 11 is claiming he was given no instructions on how to improve his game, that's a pretty serious claim!

PS. Please give the name or names of any players you feel improved under Wenger in recent years. I cant think of any!

Hey dude :) I was asking if this was a genuine Mustafi quote! If it is then it's very damning of Wenger and his management. Also I said in the time Mustafi has been here, ie 2 years! Anyway, my main point is that one of our starting 11 is claiming he was given no instructions on how to improve his game, that's a pretty serious claim!

PS. Please give the name or names of any players you feel improved under Wenger in recent years. I cant think of any!

Giroud, Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey, Monreal and Koscielny.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Giroud, Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey, Monreal and Koscielny.

You said Many players improved under Wenger, even in recent years.

Sanchez & Özil haven't improved, they were both great players when they joined, have they improved? I don't think they have! Ramsey? How recently has he improved? Monreal I agree to some extent, same with Giroud who improved gradually during his 6 years at the club. I could give you a much longer list of players who failed to improve under Wenger in recent years.

Sanchez & Özil haven't improved, they were both great players when they joined, have they improved? I don't think they have! Ramsey? How recently has he improved? Monreal I agree to some extent, same with Giroud who improved gradually during his 6 years at the club. I could give you a much longer list of players who failed to improve under Wenger in recent years.

lol k,

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Mustafi blamed people on the pitch for many of his mistakes. Cant wait for his exit... Lets not forget all the Italian club rumors when Emery joined! Just none were daft enough to pay up.

Sanchez & Özil haven't improved, they were both great players when they joined, have they improved? I don't think they have!

To be fair Alexis looked way better under Wenger than at United now + judge Özil in May. If I had to guess now would say we see a lesser player. Any attacker that failed under Wenger needs to look at themselves...Wenger let them play with freedom to express themselves for right or wrong.

Defenders / Defensive minded players have an excuse.

Last edited:

Dj_sds -

Hush, you will awaken the squadcost monster. You are not allowed to criticise the omnipotent one. His cult following lurks deep within these forums.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If he has another good game, we could possibly change the thread title.

Hush, you will awaken the squadcost monster. You are not allowed to criticise the omnipotent one. His cult following lurks deep within these forums.

Nobody forbidding @tap-in or anyone to criticise Wenger. But he said he couldn't think of any that had improved under Wenger, but in the end he at least agreed that Giroud and Monreal had improved admitting he was wrong.

Nobody disagree either that Wenger training methods were out of date in modern era. Everyone agreed that this team needed more game plan and instructions.

But to say Wenger methods were useless is not right either, he did win 3 FA Cups in recent years, last FA Cup we actually matched and were better than Chelsea(one of more impressive PL campaign champions in recent years) tactically so Wenger did have aces in his sleeves.

Wenger had different methods than modern managers have, he did maybe not fill players with information of what he wanted them to do, sending them video analysis to their phones and etc, etc. But players did improve under Wenger.

So no, he was not useless and yes players did improve under him. But everyone agreed in the end we needed more modern approach, be better prepared for opposition, be more compact, have more structure in our tactics both defensively and attack. And that is hopefully what Emery can give us.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He still has some way to go. I looked at some of the game's highlights more intently and noticed that he had a couple of poor moments that he got away with, losing his man or being out of position. He also had good moments to be fair to him. But performances with lots of highs and lows is the same old with him.

Also, anyone else notice he's a bit of a strange bloke off the pitch? He reacts kind of strangely to things in the training videos. Like in one of the rondo drills, he made a pass to ESR that the latter couldn't quite reach and Mustafi yelled his name out really loudly at a very high pitch. I don't know, just thought it was kind of odd and out of place.

He still has some way to go. I looked at some of the game's highlights more intently and noticed that he had a couple of poor moments that he got away with, losing his man or being out of position. He also had good moments to be fair to him. But performances with lots of highs and lows is the same old with him.

He is actually good when he is allowed to defend aggressively. His main problem imo is when we have to defend as unit and drop deep. He has tendency to lose focus and is often caught ball watching. He also has very hard time tracking runs of opposition players, that is actually were he is at his worst. Hopefully that is were usb keys videos and isntructions from Emery can improve his game!

He does appear as strange bloke! Nothing that should matter though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom