• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano: Welcome to Arsenal!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hope he can get his permit and be ready for next season. Think he could work well out wide in Emery's system. While also there's a case for him playing just off the striker maybe depending what way we setup.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
IIRC there was something to do with his Visa that's why he was loaned out immediately after being brought in. He is actually quite talented, though I don't watch him often (guilty of watching highlights), his flexibility and the fact that he reminds me of Aguero makes me hopeful for his future.

If I'm wrong about the Visa issue then maybe I'm making an excuse for why he isn't here.

And the age thing, 23 is still very young... We were pinning for Wilshere at 26 and Ramsey at 27 waiting for them to show their potential. I'm sure we can afford Asano the same time given he isn't kicking up a fuss nor is he an expensive name on the book. At worst, he will be a great squad option.
But he's 23 playing in what league? He needs to be playing top football..

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Bundesliga is not a good league ?

It is going to be a long shot, but would love to see him do well. Not expecting him to be a great player and all but would be great if he's a good squad player for us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Bundesliga is not a good league ?

It is going to be a long shot, but would love to see him do well. Not expecting him to be a great player and all but would be great if he's a good squad player for us.
Name one other team which would be able to compete in the EPL other than BVB and Bayern? It's a one and a half horse race over there.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So players who are in that league aren't good till they prove themselves elsewhere? So Pavard is also not good ?
No, i'm reaching man. Honestly didn't realise he was in the bundesliga till you mentioned it. Still we find players struggle when coming to the EPL..

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
No, i'm reaching man. Honestly didn't realise he was in the bundesliga till you mentioned it. Still we find players struggle when coming to the EPL..
Kdb turned his career around in that league. Let's just hope Asano can just get a few goals here and there and be a super sub or something. That's the maximum I expect of him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Kdb turned his career around in that league. Let's just hope Asano can just get a few goals here and there and be a super sub or something. That's the maximum I expect of him.
Very true. I had a mate who was saying "City bought a dud", oh boy was he proved wrong.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Is he still not eligible for work permit or did we loan him out once again because he has no future here?

I got burnt with Ryo when I thought he's the second coming of Jesus, the Asain CR7 so I'm on the fence with this guy. :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is he still not eligible for work permit or did we loan him out once again because he has no future here?

I got burnt with Ryo when I thought he's the second coming of Jesus, the Asain CR7 so I'm on the fence with this guy. :lol:
Ryo had more potential, imo. Asano looks to be Perez level.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
A decent transfer fee to a mid-table Bundesliga club is all that I am expecting from him at this stage.

neimad

Only 32. How did his stock drop so quickly?

Yeah and he made a balls of a corner in the world cup with Belgium countering at the end and scoring. Sad way to end his International career as he retired after it. He's usually so good in dead ball situations.
Didn't realise he's managing Cambodia too. Just googled it there and apparently he video conferences them once a week and doesn't get paid for the role. Fair play to him.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bodia-national-team-while-playing-in-a-league

Axel_Gunner

he had a bad season and german reports saying hannover will not play him any more to avoid the binding "option" to buy

i doubt he will get work permit for us.

he has only 1 year contract left.

we cant loan out a player with only 1 year left, can we?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom