• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouski

He cost a measly 5m when bought him

He has more than earned his keep

He should for sure be making bank and be a top 3 earner at the club

August 2014-2018, 110,000 per week = 22,880,000

Ramsey's previous contract was 60,000 pw. Ramsey has been good for Arsenal but Arsenal has been good for Ramsey as well.

A wage of 130,000 would put him ahead of all midfielders in the Premiership other than Pogba, Fred and Fabregas, who's contract also expires next summer.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
A wage of 130,000 would put him ahead of all midfielders in the Premiership other than Pogba, Fred and Fabregas, who's contract also expires next summer.

Is there actually any serious source to him wanting that? Where do the 130,000 come from? Some ****ter bellend?

If he gets a new contract he will surely earn more, but at this point there could be numerous reasons for stalling talks, not just his wage demands. Like someone else mentioned, after a decade under one manager and rumours a few years back about him being fed up with Arsenal's medical staff, maybe before committing his longterm future and his prime years he first wants to see how it pans out with a new manager and new staff.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Sell him now and sign Marchisio. Or flip him to United for Martial in January. But if this is going to become a problem, I'd rather move him on now.

BobP

Memri Fan
Sell him now and sign Marchisio. Or flip him to United for Martial in January. But if this is going to become a problem, I'd rather move him on now.

Doubt this is true.

Limited playing time so far probably has to do with the fact that he suffered a slight niggle in preseason.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Doubt this is true.

Limited playing time so far probably has to do with the fact that he suffered a slight niggle in preseason.

Possibly. Although other outlets reported the same thing at roughly the same time. And Matt Law reported the bit about the contract earlier in the Telegraph. We'll see what happens.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Also posted this in the general Ramsey thread, but since it's transfer related...

This is insane.

If I'm not wrong he's asking for what David Silva has been earning at City, the wealthiest club in the premiership. Silva has been one of the top CM/CAM in this league for years. He's won almost everything except the champions league.

Among midfielders (CAM/CM). Only KDB, Pogba, Özil earn more than 220k/week if I'm not wrong.

And he's nowhere close to these players in terms of talent or marketing impact.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wow Emery already becoming my favourite manager.

Yeah, like subbing Xhaka at half time, its all new to us. I accept he is giving him more time than I would but I want to see Torreira start alongside Douzi. I don't mind Xhaka starting in a 3 but not in a 2. As for Ramsey, I like him a lot but don't want him starting until his contract is sorted. Will be interesting to see if Emery keeps him out of the starting 11 as he did vs Chelsea.

Token Yank

We should wait this out. He is injury prone, limited, and not good enough to draw any interest from a big club that a.) he will start at b.) pay his wages. At some point he will wise up and sign. If not, who cares.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We should wait this out. He is injury prone, limited, and not good enough to draw any interest from a big club that a.) he will start at b.) pay his wages. At some point he will wise up and sign. If not, who cares.
Well, WE should care. I thought at today's prices £35 million quoted as being very low but if he sees his contract out there will be plenty of offers for him from teams saving themselves a transfer fee. Whereas Arsenal will get nothing for the emaciated transfer kitty.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well, WE should care. I thought at today's prices £35 million quoted as being very low but if he sees his contract out there will be plenty of offers for him from teams saving themselves a transfer fee. Whereas Arsenal will get nothing for the emaciated transfer kitty.

I saw £30 million quoted and thought they'd be lucky to get it. I don't mind him staying as long as they're not paying him a ridiculous salary, but what does he really bring aside from a goal threat that a plethora of other players wouldn't bring?

I posted this in his dedicated thread when I was told that comparing him to Ross Barkley was like calling somebody a Nazi. Here are some key stats for their most recent seasons (going back to 2016-17 for Barkley since he missed last year with injury). If you were to look at this blind, thus taking out any bias developed through his seasons at Arsenal (and any negative biases based on perception of Barkley), which player would you choose? If you want to throw in goals, which seem to be Ramsey's biggest selling point, Ramsey had 7 and Barkley 5.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-23_at_2.55.09_PM.png

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Barkley is a very good player as well.

He had a 50m price tag on his head after that season. Even with five months on his deal & injured he went for 17m + extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom