• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Expect more of the same in January, Tottenham can do one.
Would've been more of a statement if he had blocked their number, instead of deleting the call log.

Would it really be a shock if Sp**s ended up with FDJ? They have a knack for signing players linked to the richest clubs like Sanchez, Eriksen and Alli over the last few years.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think it would be given the links to Barca all summer. He can do better than Sp**s if he continues to perform the way he is.

If we don't get anyone in January, it would be a dream to see him in an Arsenal shirt. My favorite Ajax player in a long time.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Would've been more of a statement if he had blocked their number, instead of deleting the call log.

Would it really be a shock if Sp**s ended up with FDJ? They have a knack for signing players linked to the richest clubs like Sanchez, Eriksen and Alli over the last few years.
Block their number? What are you, 15? Ajax still need to make money, De Ligt and Frenkie represent a value of more than 100M together, that’s as much as Ajax’s net turnover in a year, for a defender they had in the youth system for years and a midfielder they bought for € 1 a couple years ago.

Anyway, it would be shocking if Sp**s ended up with Frenkie. Barcelona already made a bid for him twice and they see in him the successor of Busquets. Would hate it if they signed him. And he should be an Arsenal player btw but we’ve been sleeping on Ajax talent for years now.

razörist

I think it would be given the links to Barca all summer. He can do better than Sp**s if he continues to perform the way he is.

If we don't get anyone in January, it would be a dream to see him in an Arsenal shirt. My favorite Ajax player in a long time.
I would want De Ligt at Arsenal before Frenkie, central defender for the next 15 years and we need one. CM looks good with torreira and guendouzi, but Frenkie is a level above them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Block their number? What are you, 15?
Calma Shanta, it was a joke.
Anyway, it would be shocking if Sp**s ended up with Frenkie. Barcelona already made a bid for him twice and they see in him the successor of Busquets. Would hate it if they signed him.
It looks like Barcelona are going to go big for Pogba next summer, would they spend £300m+ on Coutinho/Pogba/FDJ in the space of 18 months? Can't see it.

razörist

Calma Shanta, it was a joke.

It looks like Barcelona are going to go big for Pogba next summer, would they spend £300m+ on Coutinho/Pogba/FDJ in the space of 18 months? Can't see it.
You make jokes?

Overmars confirmed two bids from Barca on Frenkie so you tell me. For now Pogba to Barca seems to be all paper talk. United dump Mourinho and he’ll stay.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don’t know if that sequence of events are true but we’ve been tracking Chilwell for the last few years.
Yeah, the article says the club had a bid for him turned down in January 2016. Wasn't sure if there's been any follow up bids since.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For now Pogba to Barca seems to be all paper talk. United dump Mourinho and he’ll stay.
In my infinite(ly miniscule) wisdom, I now pronounce Pogba to be a has-been. He will go to another big club and potter around in the general vicinity of awards, but his prime has come and gone.

Might still be a superstar for France, as he seems to actually care a **** for the NT.

Wenger wanted Chilwell but Gazidis decided to go after Kolasinac because he was free. Sad times.
We should still be all over him.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? When we got Kolasinac most were raving about him and especially opposition fans were incredibly jealous, everybody thought he was the best LB in Bundesliga just the season before. And now we are asking for a 21-year-old, that back then was 19 or so, and still hasn't produced anything near the best of Kolasinac (which was in Germany.) At the same time, we are slating a lot our projects (academy products or otherwise) as not good enough, just as we are slating Wenger's youth policy in his later years, that indeed produced very little. It was obviously just our scouting network to blame until now and the keyboard scouters need to be listened to regarding Chilwell, he will instantly improve us unlike Guendouzi, Holding, Chambers, Bellerin, Coquelin, Iwobi, AMN, etc.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I believe he was on a short contract back in 2016 & most likely asking for a **** load of money.

Remember reading he was highly recommended to Klopp by his mate that had Chilwell at Hudderfield on loan. They couldn't get the deal done either.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I believe he was on a short contract back in 2016 & most likely asking for a **** load of money.

Remember reading he was highly recommended to Klopp by his mate that had Chilwell at Hudderfield on loan. They couldn't get the deal done either.
Leicester is a difficult team to deal with on transfers. Just look at City and Mahrez. Only time clubs have had an easier time is when release clauses have been involved (Vardy and Kante, for example).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? When we got Kolasinac most were raving about him and especially opposition fans were incredibly jealous, everybody thought he was the best LB in Bundesliga just the season before. And now we are asking for a 21-year-old, that back then was 19 or so, and still hasn't produced anything near the best of Kolasinac (which was in Germany.) At the same time, we are slating a lot our projects (academy products or otherwise) as not good enough, just as we are slating Wenger's youth policy in his later years, that indeed produced very little. It was obviously just our scouting network to blame until now and the keyboard scouters need to be listened to regarding Chilwell, he will instantly improve us unlike Guendouzi, Holding, Chambers, Bellerin, Coquelin, Iwobi, AMN, etc.
Well, we need both Kola and Chilwell

Top Bottom