• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Brentford | September 26, 2018 19:45 BST

Who will advance to the 4th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Sheffield Wednesday 2015, Bradford 2012, Birmingham in the 2011 final, also going out twice to Southampton which wasn't exactly an awful team but yeah, Burnley 2008... I've gone way back, but that's just the League Cup.
Conceding 4 against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup last season too. It doesn't happen that often but as you say, they're results that are hard to believe.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Conceding 4 against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup last season too. It doesn't happen that often but as you say, they're results that are hard to believe.
Didn’t Chelsea concede 4 to Bradford at home with almost a full team out. United lost last night to Derby.

Our supporters suddenly go blind and deaf when it happens to other top teams. :lol:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Didn’t Chelsea concede 4 to Bradford at home with almost a full team out. United lost last night to Derby.

Our supporters suddenly go blind and deaf when it happens to other top teams. :lol:

No, we're not. We've commented on United's failure and we thoroughly enjoyed that as an embarrassment for them. We don't want our own team to be ever embarrassed if possible.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

You're right, nobody on here mentioned United for losing to Derby. Or City going out to Wigan, Liverpool losing at home to Wolves.

Anyway, why the whataboutism? Nobody said that Wenger was more prone to losing cup ties to lower league teams than other managers, just that defeats like the 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday or the Bradford game were shocking. IIRC I already disproved your point about Chelsea playing a full team against Bradford as well.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You're right, nobody on here mentioned United for losing to Derby. Or City going out to Wigan, Liverpool losing at home to Wolves.

Anyway, why the whataboutism? Nobody said that Wenger was more prone to losing cup ties to lower league teams than other managers, just that defeats like the 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday or the Bradford game were shocking. IIRC I already disproved your point about Chelsea playing a full team against Bradford as well.
How can they be shocking, if those type of results are quite common as you point out in your first para :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I look forward to watching this tonight. Hope to see Nketiah & Smith-Rowe, would also like to see Leno again.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No, we're not. We've commented on United's failure and we thoroughly enjoyed that as an embarrassment for them. We don't want our own team to be ever embarrassed if possible.
The cup giant killing acts are just part of football and happen to all top teams from time to time. It wasn’t just Wenger that had egg on his face.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How can they be shocking, if those type of results are quite common as you point out in your first para :lol:
The manner of the defeat is shocking. Szczesny spilling it for Obafemi Martins to score the winner, Gervinho's miss and then losing on penalties, losing players to injury and being battered by Sheff Wednesday, the amateurish defending against Forest...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Holy **** this is gonna be on ESPN? Nice! My students will all be Gooners for a day.
*edit My local listing does not show the game

ESPN is carrying the game, but only on the internet behind their online paywall (ESPN+, which sadly is also the home for the FA Cup now as well).

I hate ESPN. They're already responsible for about $8 a month of my cable bill and now they're moving a lot of the stuff I like the most behind an online paywall. I don't watch SportsCenter. I don't watch the NFL. I don't watch their manufactured "debate" shows. Even their baseball coverage annoys me because they superimpose a box that's supposed to represent that strike zone during each pitch (plus most of the baseball people are annoying, although at least they canned Curt Schilling). Even their ESPNFC show is filled with smarmy bastards.

So now they've taken the FA Cup and League Cup and placed them behind online paywalls. They've taken Serie A and placed it mostly behind an online paywall. They've taken all the online content that was for years free to TV subscribers on ESPN3 and put it behind an online paywall. Damned capitalist bastards.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The manner of the defeat is shocking. Szczesny spilling it for Obafemi Martins to score the winner, Gervinho's miss and then losing on penalties, losing players to injury and being battered by Sheff Wednesday, the amateurish defending against Forest...
Walcott's performance against Armand Traore was the worst thing about the Forest game

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You’re reading too much into it.

Chelsea were awful against Bradford. The Chelsea team was Cech, Salah, Oscar, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Drogba, Remy, Christensen and Santos, and for the last 20, Willan, Hazard and Fabregas. And they were at home.

Away at Forest we had AMN, Willock, Nelson, Holding, Mertersaker, Debuchy, Ospina, Elneny, Iwobi, Walcott, Akpom, Nketiah, Welbeck. Nothing like the class of the Chelsea team.:lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You’re reading too much into it.

Chelsea were awful against Bradford. The Chelsea team was Cech, Salah, Oscar, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Drogba, Remy, Christensen and Santos, and for the last 20, Willan, Hazard and Fabregas. And they were at home.

Away at Forest we had AMN, Willock, Nelson, Holding, Mertersaker, Debuchy, Ospina, Elneny, Iwobi, Walcott, Akpom, Nketiah, Welbeck. Nothing like the class of the Chelsea team.:lol:

I blame Iwobi house partying antics for the loss .

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No need for the straw man Traxy.
No straw man. The simple point I’m trying to make whether you agree or not is that Chelsea should never have lost 4-2 to Bradford with that team, but because of their league form nobody thought much about it.

But when Wenger with his league form, lost with those kids, which was much more likely, he was mocked mercilessly.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Hopefully only Nketiah and Smith Rowe will play for us from the Youngsters. Think there still will be some better players (Laca/Auba, Özil/Ramsey on the bench

Emery surely don't want to risk a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom