• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Kabasele is Watford's best centreback and as things stand, he's suspended for this game. They're appealing it and it could be overturned because of double jeopardy, but if it isn't we really have no excuses and should be putting this game to bed.

Hopefully Emery doesn't play Ramsey in the #10 role, especially since there is no reason to appease him with the recent contract renewal decision.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi
Sokratis
Monreal

Torreira
Xhaka
Özil

Aubameyang
Mkhitaryan
Lacazette

Personally I would prefer to see Holding start as LCB and replace Mustafi in the team, but that certainly won't happen. Özil to replace Ramsey at 10 - Aaron has been terrible for the most part this season, and with the news we've had, best to keep him out. Mkhi back in to begin to rebalance the front line and hopefully bring our right side back into play.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Best in the pl on that so far.. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Well if that's the case we should put Auba up top and play some long balls over their back line. Or maybe we will end up just passing right through them if we're having a good day. Either way I think we'll win.

ptrcopp

Best in the pl on that so far.. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

This is something I feel like Emery will notice. We have quick forwards, not matter who plays. Laca, Aub, Wele all have a good burst of acceleration and top speed.. Özil, Mhiki, Ramsey (doubt he’ll play!) can time runs very well. And Monreal and Bellerin our wide will make runs as well.
I do think Emery will encourage his team to play more direct, especially at he start of the match. That will push them back and allow us to play.
I think this is the hardest game of the season so far, bar City. But even then, that game was played with minimal expectations.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Kabasele is Watford's best centreback and as things stand, he's suspended for this game. They're appealing it and it could be overturned because of double jeopardy, but if it isn't we really have no excuses and should be putting this game to bed.

Hopefully Emery doesn't play Ramsey in the #10 role, especially since there is no reason to appease him with the recent contract renewal decision.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I said a couple of weeks ago that Ramsey will be off soon so we should be planning without him, that also means not playing him. After yesterdays confirmation we should definitely be leaving him at home or on the bench. We have Iwobi & Mhki and can look to replace Ramsey next summer. I've always liked Ramsey but not at the expense of Özil playing wide and Iwobi/Mhki missing out.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I said a couple of weeks ago that Ramsey will be off soon so we should be planning without him, that also means not playing him. After yesterdays confirmation we should definitely be leaving him at home or on the bench. We have Iwobi & Mhki and can look to replace Ramsey next summer. I've always liked Ramsey but not at the expense of Özil playing wide and Iwobi/Mhki missing out.

Yep, at the very least bench him. I'm not saying drop him to the reserves necessarily, if we have injuries, or need to rotate or substitute someone, he is still a very good option to have. He just shouldn't be on the spotlight and we should have other players adapting to our system. Let's see what Emery does.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yep, at the very least bench him. I'm not saying drop him to the reserves necessarily, if we have injuries, or need to rotate or substitute someone, he is still a very good option to have. He just shouldn't be on the spotlight and we should have other players adapting to our system. Let's see what Emery does.

I'm pleased we've removed our offer. As I say, I like Ramsey but any player who drags their heels like this over a contract should be removed from our plans. I was one of the few who wanted to get shot of Alexis in the summer because there is no use keeping a player who is not focused on being a part of the team. He stayed and I was proved right!

ThlRama

I'm pleased we've removed our offer. As I say, I like Ramsey but any player who drags their heels like this over a contract should be removed from our plans. I was one of the few who wanted to get shot of Alexis in the summer because there is no use keeping a player who is not focused on being a part of the team. He stayed and I was proved right!

I wasn't afraid of selling him either, this team has survived losing Fabregas, the player our entire footballing structure was built around at the time ffs. But to be honest a lot of this is hindsight, Sanchez had been decidedly average since last summer, it could very well have been that he would've turned his form around (before or after leaving.) City retracted their offers and we happily took Mhkitaryan because the Chilean lad was finished, experienced eyes could see that even though it's hard to be sure.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wasn't afraid of selling him either, this team has survived losing Fabregas, the player our entire footballing structure was built around at the time ffs. But to be honest a lot of this is hindsight, Sanchez had been decidedly average since last summer, it could very well have been that he would've turned his form around (before or after leaving.) City retracted their offers and we happily took Mhkitaryan because the Chilean lad was finished, experienced eyes could see that even though it's hard to be sure.

City were willing to pay us £60m in the summer before he left us, anyway, its all history now. Onwards and upwards, without Ramsey! :)

ThlRama

City were willing to pay us £60m in the summer before he left us, anyway, its all history now. Onwards and upwards, without Ramsey! :)

Yes but admittedly 60m wasn't extremely impressive back then. Last summer the market deflated a little bit which is a good thing. Surely it was a loss but it wasn't anything you can't recover from, Sanchez posed a threat 'til we got Aubameyang, it's also possible we tried to change his mind in the meanwhile. Now he burdens a direct rival (because City aren't one) with his ridiculous contract and nailed-on starting position. I feel like transfer sagas such as the van Persie or even Perez one have been much more damaging.

Jae

This game is a potential banana skin, Watford are a good team and have been playing really well this year.

Hopefully Ramsey doesn't get anywhere near the first team in the league anymore given his contract situation.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Watford have gathered 13 points by beating Brighton, Burnely, Crystal Palace, all bottom-10 teams. Then they came on top at home against a Sp**s team that performed poorly, lost to a very average Man. United side (albeit narrowly to be fair,) and then drew Fulham away who also look quite poor in my opinion and currently stand 15th. Yes, they play good football, but their start to the season has been severely overrated actually, all that is needed is for one to look at their games individually.

In the meantime, we haven't lost 26 out of our 29 games at home, and Watford have failed to win 13 out of their last 14 away games. To be honest we shouldn't go into this with fear, and a good showing should see us come out with the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom