• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) do you think will benefit most playing under a new manager?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Some of the mistakes that Mustafi and Xhaka made over the course of a season I just can't understand how they can be fixable. Some are completely brain dead. We should cut ties with Mustafi asap.

They aren't fixable by coaching , only by Mustafi himself really . It's pure decision making , some learn from experience some don't .

akhil

They aren't fixable by coaching , only by Mustafi himself really . It's pure decision making , some learn from experience some don't .

It's not just coaching. It's accountability. When was the last time Wenger benched a senior player when they made multiple mistakes. It's frustrating when starting 11 guys keep f***ing up and then have no ramifications. On the flip side, when bench/stand in players do well, they go straight back to the bench. It shouldn't be hard to guess what those guys are thinking with the way things were being run at the club.

That big dressing room leak that happened a couple months ago, if there was a modicum of truth in that, it was startling to hear the players say the coaches are of no use (paraphrasing here). A few years ago when Wenger was under pressure, you'd hear a number of players defend the manager and try to take some of the blame themselves. But nothing of that sort in the last couple of years, just more fights.

Bing Bong

Some of the mistakes that Mustafi and Xhaka made over the course of a season I just can't understand how they can be fixable. Some are completely brain dead. We should cut ties with Mustafi asap.
Although I will not argue that some of the mistakes by both Mustafi and Xhaka were dreadful, I believe we were not well coached defensively. I think our whole defence will look so much better with better coaching including those two. Think a new coach will make a huge difference.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Is it too early to say Bellerin and Iwobi have improved under Emery?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
The biggest blight on the careers of players, Wenger, is gone. Improvement was expected, hopefully we never get a manager this terrible again

Possibly, but in a few months I feel there are some posters who may have to backtrack a bit on their claims that Wenger was a decent coach. Emery is seemingly showing him up in that department but let me now run my mouth off because I may be left embarrassed at the end of the season.

Wenger was decent coach mate all the way up until the end. Just not a top coach anymore and we needed that more modern approach that Emery bring us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The defenders & especially Cech look better for me.

Iwobi has returned to previous form but dont really see the other attackers / midfielders playing at a better level.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Now Ramsey's future is clearer I'm hoping Iwobi gets a good run. He's such a confidence player, he needs support to get the best from him. I always felt under Wenger that he was dropped at the wrong times, we'll see if he gets a run now.

One player who hasn't had a chance yet due to injury is Kola, he may thrive under Emery, he started so well with us and was rapidly becoming a fan favourite, then it all went wrong. He'll do well to dislodge Monreal but I do think he can be a very adequate back up/rotation player. His strength is a huge bonus, I remember him pushing 3 or 4 defenders away in one go in his early games for us, it looked so cool!

Stannis

Now Ramsey's future is clearer I'm hoping Iwobi gets a good run. He's such a confidence player, he needs support to get the best from him. I always felt under Wenger that he was dropped at the wrong times, we'll see if he gets a run now.

One player who hasn't had a chance yet due to injury is Kola, he may thrive under Emery, he started so well with us and was rapidly becoming a fan favourite, then it all went wrong. He'll do well to dislodge Monreal but I do think he can be a very adequate back up/rotation player. His strength is a huge bonus, I remember him pushing 3 or 4 defenders away in one go in his early games for us, it looked so cool!

great point. I reckon people have given up on him to easy. His sheer physical attributes can make up his lack of technical quality ( which isn't as bad as people think either). If he can work on his positional sense with Emery, there is no reason why he cant be a starter.

He was great in his couple months, just pushed through defenders

Latest posts+

Top Bottom