• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think this loan could turn out to be a mistake, as they usually are with us. I hope there is a cancel option in winter break so he can move to Eredvise or something like that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not completely appropriate but here’s hoping Reiss kicks on. Still think we could have got Sancho but fair play to him going to Germany.

pikey2000

Not completely appropriate but here’s hoping Reiss kicks on. Still think we could have got Sancho but fair play to him going to Germany.

Wow looks a player, surely won't be at Dortmund for long, didnt he leave City for Germany? So if he were to come back to the PL guessing it wouldnt be to them so could be interesting to see where he goes next.

Strikes me as a Klopp style player though would instantly add what we are looking for in a wide man - really hope Nelson can begin to show this type of end product, certainly has the tools to do so.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Sancho is special. Arguably bigger talent than Nelson.

Nelson needs to focus on end product right now. Don't think this midfield business will help him. Nagelsmann should play him and Joelinton up front. Szalai been poor every game I've watched.

Tomb Bombadil

He was decent without doing anything particularly eye-catching after playing in midfield the other day. Got hooked for experience. He needs to play further forward, not sure midfield is the best use of his abilities - but he wants to be a #10 so he'd better start showing out deeper on the field.
I was reading in a german Hoffenheim forum after the game and there the impressions of him was not so good:

25min: Nelson is not really in the game
30min: Nelson and duels? Oha ... that's nothing.
35min: Kramaric for Nelson at break ... the boy is weak today. Does not win a duel, too timidly.
HT: Zuber comes for Nelson. Ok, I can live with that.
FT: How was Nelson? To be honest, I found him very weak. Was little involved and too timid in the duels. He could not show his speed. For me, his substitution at break was therefore consistent.

But of course it's not really his position. But Nagelsmann is a coach who tries a lot.

pikey2000

I was reading in a german Hoffenheim forum after the game and there the impressions of him was not so good:

25min: Nelson is not really in the game
30min: Nelson and duels? Oha ... that's nothing.
35min: Kramaric for Nelson at break ... the boy is weak today. Does not win a duel, too timidly.
HT: Zuber comes for Nelson. Ok, I can live with that.
FT: How was Nelson? To be honest, I found him very weak. Was little involved and too timid in the duels. He could not show his speed. For me, his substitution at break was therefore consistent.

But of course it's not really his position. But Nagelsmann is a coach who tries a lot.

I can kinda see their point, whenever he has turned out for our 1st team, albeit very limited, he has seemed to play within himself and a bit timid like they say.

Playing time at that level will no doubt help him relax and show what he can do, its a big step from our reserves to being able to perform consistently at that level, even Sancho is getting used sparingly so we should be a little more patient with him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont think this would have been the loan destination if it didn't have to be done last minute. The contract delay & deadline dates in other leagues ****ed him over a bit but any minutes are good at 18.

Maybe it will lead to a PL loan next season if he can show talents at this level even in glimpses.

Mraven

I dont think this would have been the loan destination if it didn't have to be done last minute. The contract delay & deadline dates in other leagues ****ed him over a bit but any minutes are good at 18.

Maybe it will lead to a PL loan next season if he can show talents at this level even in glimpses.

Don’t think his contract was delayed at all. He put it on Instagram long before it was announced. Hoffenheim is a perfect destination. Exciting manager and a short way into the first XI for him. Be patient and let him grow into the role. As soon as his confidence grows, he is going to light it up like Sancho

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Don’t think his contract was delayed at all. He put it on Instagram long before it was announced. Hoffenheim is a perfect destination. Exciting manager and a short way into the first XI for him. Be patient and let him grow into the role. As soon as his confidence grows, he is going to light it up like Sancho
There was a long silence after Wenger was let go. I was checking for updates often & nothing.

If he is not quite ready for Hoffenheims level yet (& no disgrace in that at 18) could be argued its a mistake for a short term move. Sancho was being developed for a future role so only 700 minutes not a big issue last season.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need to give Nelson time. Sancho is a Dortmund player and has been got a year. He feels at home there. Nelson on the other hand is on loan, working with a manager who is leaving at the end of the season. It is a very different situation and possibly one that will make Nelson stronger for it.

He needs to break into that first team by the end of the season. It doesn't matter when he does it. He needs to start playing with confidence and without a mental block. He isn't a 10 in my opinion and he needs to get that out of his head. Willian should be who he models his game on.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You guys have all jinxed it. Sancho just signed a new contract with Dortmund. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You guys have all jinxed it. Sancho just signed a new contract with Dortmund. :lol:
We've got both Nelson and Amaechi. And Saka. All highly promising wingers in their own right. If developed right, we will be fine.

More on topic: Nelson on bench v City tonight.

It takes time to build up confidence. All about breaking into first team for them this season. If he can do it he will be ready to contribute for us next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It takes time to build up confidence. All about breaking into first team for them this season. If he can do it he will be ready to contribute for us next season.
Yeah. I'm not expecting loads of starts. Minutes in the bigger games are a bonus. It's the lesser games where he must play and he has to impose himself on those games so he can eventually be considered for first XI against the bigger sides. He's in a good spot, he's not done badly so far. Just needs to take the opportunities he will eventually be given.

It will be a decent achievement as Hoffenheim are a very good side. Not sure about their #9 personally but they're quite strong in the areas where Nelson would play. So he has to play well. I'm looking forward to seeing him take up future challenges. Would be nice to see him off the bench tonight. Good game so far.

Jae

I think we have a habit of massively overrating the young talent that we have at our club when in reality very very few of them actually turn out to be anything special (if at all). We haven't got a great record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom