• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They'll go back to the negotiation table again is my hunch. Otherwise it's crazy Unai still uses him .

ThlRama

Player:Saka
He's not good enough for Arsenal but could be the last push/piece for Liverpool to win the title?

I mean I get it from the tactical perspective as he does seem tailormade for Klopp's 433 high intensity gegenpress and direct attacking style, especially with his runs he could add lots of goals. He's also clearly better than Wijnaldum - and Keita and Fabinho/Henderson seem fitting partners. But all in all it's still a bit funny a statement - maybe not exactly in this tactical context, but surely in that of some posters saying his level is Everton or worse.

I guess the fans that claim this mean that Ramsey would be useful as an option from the bench for Liverpool, or someone that might get them a few important goals, which he does have in his locker tbh. But I do disagree with that, as I do disagree with you that he is better than Wijnaldum; Wijnaldum on current form is comfortably better than Ramsey in every area bar late runs in the box. I don't think he starts over any current Liverpool midfielders, not even Ox because of his long shots, pace and direct dribbling, not even Henderson who is better in the playmaking aspects and more familiar with the squad. Which means that Aaron going to Liverpool sounds nuts. Unless maybe some Liverpool midfielder is expected to go in the summer or be shifted out soon?

United, I could certainly see it on condition that Pogba pushes for a move. We'll see. For me Ramsey has to settle for an average salary but huge footballing glory and a great private lifestyle in Italy. He starts for every Italian team bar Juventus.
They'll go back to the negotiation table again is my hunch. Otherwise it's crazy Unai still uses him .

Hopefully not, unless maybe he stays with the same salary or so and accepts a bench role. He should go though, I dislike what he did with the contract and he doesn't deserve an extension, nor does he have a place in this squad, he needs a 3-man midfield which Emery won't use.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Maybe Emery is still using him because he's a good bench option, as shown on Sun. Also he knows that if he sends Ramsey on he wont just go through the motions because he's essentially in the shop window. I think the club already have replacement options, that's why they retracted the contract.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm also feeling this is an option. Way too much niceness for a player we're willing to let go.... Or perhaps Unai just isn't prepared to sacrifice any points because of a bratty player.

Well this is it , he's a very good weapon if he's playing for the team , when Leicester won the title , he wasn't playing for the team , he was thinking the team should be playing for him .

He's old enough now to know better hopefully if that's the case , he's awesome at linking deep and chasing the play into the box.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Maybe Emery is still using him because he's a good bench option, as shown on Sun. Also he knows that if he sends Ramsey on he wont just go through the motions because he's essentially in the shop window. I think the club already have replacement options, that's why they retracted the contract.

I don't feel he is going in Jan in all honesty feel there is another twist to this . We'll see I guess.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Well this is it , he's a very good weapon if he's playing for the team , when Leicester won the title , he wasn't playing for the team , he was thinking the team should be playing for him .

He's old enough now to know better hopefully if that's the case , he's awesome at linking deep and chasing the play into the box.
Are we blaming Aaron now that Arsène has left?:p
Jokes aside, you're so right. Since that year we have been desperate for Aaron to play for the team, which he does in glimpses.
He doesn't even have a $hitty attitude though... It is just the way he plays.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Are we blaming Aaron now that Arséne has left?:p
Jokes aside, you're so right. Since that year we have been desperate for Aaron to play for the team, which he does in glimpses.
He doesn't even have a $hitty attitude though... It is just the way he plays.

Exactly , he had an archaic view on the central midfield role almost like he fashioned himself on Stevie G. However Stevie G played his best on the right or behind Torres.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't feel he is going in Jan in all honesty feel there is another twist to this . We'll see I guess.

If he goes in Jan it will be a low fee, maybe we'll keep him until the summer, unless we have a Jan replacement lined up. Time will tell!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly , he had an archaic view on the central midfield role almost like he fashioned himself on Stevie G. However Stevie G played his best on the right or behind Torres.
Wow that is so true. A few years ago I sat and watched an Arsenal match with my bro (Liverpool fan and massive Stevie G fan) and he was saying virtually this, "Ramsey could be as big for you as Stevie G is for us" (He was still there at the time although he wasn't as influential) "But he's selfish when he shouldn't be and unselfish when he should be".. Something like that. You literally just jogged that memory.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
might well depend on how our season finishes - a top four finish and not a hatful of points behind the top three could see Ramsey wanting to stay, and if he has played a decent part in getting us near the top, Emery might want to hold on to him

whatever is said in the media, no one but Ramsey and Emery can know how they want it to pan out, but if he plays most games it would suggest to me that neither has closed his mind to a new contract - getting CL money could make the difference

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
might well depend on how our season finishes - a top four finish and not a hatful of points behind the top three could see Ramsey wanting to stay, and if he has played a decent part in getting us near the top, Emery might want to hold on to him

whatever is said in the media, no one but Ramsey and Emery can know how they want it to pan out, but if he plays most games it would suggest to me that neither has closed his mind to a new contract - getting CL money could make the difference
Ramsey wanting to stay isn't the issue. He wants to stay. It's Emery who doesn't want him.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
One good goal doesn’t change the fact he’s not suited for the style Emery is trying to implement. Especially not for the wages he’s demanding.

Why is Emery still playing Ramsey? I suspect it’t because he doesn’t want to temper with squad harmony. There’s also a chance that we’re trying to actively shop window him and motivated Ramsey is better than disheartened one. He’s still a quality player and Emery will want to utilise him to some degree regardless of contract situation.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Emery wanted to have a good look at him and now he's made his mind up. He still has his uses but there's no doubt Emery wants to upgrade on him. He'll be off the bench from now on. Xhaks and Torreira are nailed down , Guendoozi has emerged from nowhere then you're squeezing in Mickey, Oz and Iwobi.
One good goal doesn’t change the fact he’s not suited for the style Emery is trying to implement. Especially not for the wages he’s demanding.

Why is Emery still playing Ramsey? I suspect it’t because he doesn’t want to temper with squad harmony. There’s also a chance that we’re trying to actively shop window him and motivated Ramsey is better than disheartened one. He’s still a quality player and Emery will want to utilise him to some degree regardless of contract situation.
Thanks for the responses guys. I am all for moving Ramsey on. Just find the situation perplexing in a way. Not often you see a contract rebel so well used in the team.

As I mentioned earlier and @Beksl points out is that he's still a quality player (at times) and perhaps Emery's eye is on the prize (so to speak) as he would rather guarantee points until he has either a replacement or a solution. Just my thoughts.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This post in a nutshell

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Thanks for the responses guys. I am all for moving Ramsey on. Just find the situation perplexing in a way. Not often you see a contract rebel so well used in the team.

As I mentioned earlier and @Beksl points out is that he's still a quality player (at times) and perhaps Emery's eye is on the prize (so to speak) as he would rather guarantee points until he has either a replacement or a solution. Just my thoughts.

Agree. Emery seems to be result driven and winning means everything to him. It’s not mentioned many times on here but he’s a highly decorated manager and won countless trophies with different clubs. Basically he always won something in every club he’s managed (apart from Russian episode). I’d say he’s a pragmatist in every sense of the word, seen also in his tactical flexibility and prudency. If it means we’ll have a better chance of winning he won’t hesitate to play Ramsey.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
perhaps I'm being thick here, but if someone is played regularly because that gives us a better chance of winning, then why would the club want to get rid of him for peanuts - or nothing at all

I can see the argument against giving the player a new contract we can't afford, but not against trying to persuade him to lower his demands and renew

pikey2000

perhaps I'm being thick here, but if someone is played regularly because that gives us a better chance of winning, then why would the club want to get rid of him for peanuts - or nothing at all

I can see the argument against giving the player a new contract we can't afford, but not against trying to persuade him to lower his demands and renew

Perhaps we did try to persuade him already? The negotiations have been ongoing for quite some time so i'd hazard a guess that we probably will have at some point tried to get him to reduce his demands before we retracted the offer altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom