• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronaldo caught up in rape allegation

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

This is not an issue of subjectivity. Someone posted a statistic not too long ago about how many rape allegations were true Vs false. You cannot say that whomever supports the victim is using limited evidence as facts.

You simply need to acknowledge that this is not a recent issue, the rich have always gotten away with sexual savagery and the victims have often never been willing enough to come forth, when they do, they are ridiculed. I grew up in Tanzania and the mentality of some of the people I knew with what I know now we're absolutely repulsive. I remember someone saying that if a girl got them horny and refused to have sex with him, he would do it anyway. And this is not just a lone individual.

This is so much bigger than Ronaldo that what I can articulate will never be enough to cover. You must acknowledge that a lot of men have it in them to be rapists. And a lot of accusations have been true. The fact that a celebrity is in the focus should not deter from the accusation. She is not out for his money nor are the victims enjoy good publicity as fans will crucify the accuser.

We can have subjective discussions about a lot of things, Ronaldo Vs Messi etc - but this isn't one of those issues. Things like racism, toxic masculinity etc are not subjective debates. Just because you don't experience racism minority does not mean you can dismiss it.

Note that like @American_Gooner , I am not saying that Ronaldo or anyone accused of rape should be jailed, I am simply saying that it's very rarely a case of someone simply making an accusation for the sake of it.

there is a difference between the US and Tanzania.

In the UK our defense minister recently resigned because he touched a female journalists knee a decade ago and she brought it forward recently and said.it made her uncomfortable.

The issue of concent and that in the anglosphere at the moment is becoming a very heated topic. The goalposts are constantly being moved to now that nothing but overly enthusiastic given and permission asked concent is now seen as real concent amongst the whole #metoo movement. There was even the yes means no debacle. The thing that happened with that Indian American comedian is a good example of retracting concent after the act.

Things don't remain compartamentalized in mainstream culture. This isn't vulnerable women vs rich men. It effects the inter sexual dynamics society wide.

All this aside, that CR7 leaked document has ****ed him. EVEN IF it was a case of her verbally being coy and saying she doesn't want it despite physically making herself available as he says ( as lets be honest we know this happens ) , you can't make that look any other way since a rape claim was put forward. The anal penetration thing is pretty strong tbh .I really wonder what is going to happen.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Apparently a second victim has come forward alleging rape in a Las Vegas hotel room in June 2009. This isn't going away soon is it?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why could he not just get himself someone even nicer?

I guess it is peer pressure from his entourage, getting ribbed by his mates and his ego about the little woman who got away.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why could he not just get himself someone even nicer?

I guess it is peer pressure from his entourage, getting ribbed by his mates and his ego about the little woman who got away.
Adriana Lima was/is very nice

Maybe he was drunk (if not booze then drunk with power) who knows what happened in his head back then..

carlito'sway

Established Member
I fully support that and am glad it's happening.
=

This is not an issue of subjectivity. Someone posted a statistic not too long ago about how many rape allegations were true Vs false. You cannot say that whomever supports the victim is using limited evidence as facts.

You simply need to acknowledge that this is not a recent issue, the rich have always gotten away with sexual savagery and the victims have often never been willing enough to come forth, when they do, they are ridiculed. I grew up in Tanzania and the mentality of some of the people I knew with what I know now we're absolutely repulsive. I remember someone saying that if a girl got them horny and refused to have sex with him, he would do it anyway. And this is not just a lone individual.

This is so much bigger than Ronaldo that what I can articulate will never be enough to cover. You must acknowledge that a lot of men have it in them to be rapists. And a lot of accusations have been true. The fact that a celebrity is in the focus should not deter from the accusation. She is not out for his money nor are the victims enjoy good publicity as fans will crucify the accuser.

We can have subjective discussions about a lot of things, Ronaldo Vs Messi etc - but this isn't one of those issues. Things like racism, toxic masculinity etc are not subjective debates. Just because you don't experience racism minority does not mean you can dismiss it.

Note that like @American_Gooner , I am not saying that Ronaldo or anyone accused of rape should be jailed, I am simply saying that it's very rarely a case of someone simply making an accusation for the sake of it.

Been crazy busy and have not been much on AA lately. Glad this convo is taking place though in the age of the #METOO and totally agree that it is about time that convo is happening and that women are being heard.
I am also reading some commenters falling into this new male "victimization" fable. The % of false rape/sexual abuse accusations is very low, according to the FBI is less than 10%. So this is a rather weak narrative, specially with regard to the huge number and % or unreported rapes and abuses. Not to mention that a very low percentage of rapists and abusers end up in jail.
This is a serious problem and we, as men, should look at ourself in the mirror and make sure we do our best to stop this scourge.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Been crazy busy and have not been much on AA lately. Glad this convo is taking place though in the age of the #METOO and totally agree that it is about time that convo is happening and that women are being heard.
I am also reading some commenters falling into this new male "victimization" fable. The % of false rape/sexual abuse accusations is very low, according to the FBI is less than 10%. So this is a rather weak narrative, specially with regard to the huge number and % or unreported rapes and abuses. Not to mention that a very low percentage of rapists and abusers end up in jail.
This is a serious problem and we, as men, should look at ourself in the mirror and make sure we do our best to stop this scourge.

So because it’s a low percentage it should be ignored? Even if it’s as low as 1% you simply can’t be given a free pass to throw someone’s life into the mud.

Asking men to ‘stop this scourge’ is as bad as when people put the onous on the Muslim community for terrorist attacks. It’s a society problem and until we stop victim blaming it will stay a problem.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
So because it’s a low percentage it should be ignored? Even if it’s as low as 1% you simply can’t be given a free pass to throw someone’s life into the mud.

Asking men to ‘stop this scourge’ is as bad as when people put the onous on the Muslim community for terrorist attacks. It’s a society problem and until we stop victim blaming it will stay a problem.
Yes. But someone saying they are victims doesn't mean they are victims. Proof is still required otherwise you'd have to believe the Nazi story that Poland "attacked" them and were to blame for the Second World War. It must be true because they said so.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Dude.....You can't be serious. Did you read what I wrote?
I said that, in the big picture, men are not the victims. The % of men falsely accused is trivial just compared to the reported or unreported cases of abuses.
The bigger problem is the prevalence of rapes and sexual abuses and the overwhelming victims are women and girls. News for you, most of the abusers / predators are men as well.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He probably will not get proven guilty or serve time, but you can’t wash this kind of stink off.
Trust me you can. Sport is probably the best industry to be in when it comes to that.

progman07

Established Member
Ronaldo is either guilty or not, we do not know, we can only guess. Let's wait for the court to decide.

The more important thing overall is that the media (and the court) has a huge responsibility to give women all around the world comfort to open up on sexual abuses, and to give them the belief that the reports are investigated properly.

There is a reason women have not reported these cases before regularly, and it's a very sad message, because they probably did not believe it was worth it. E.g. there are cases where the victims are constantly given disturbing/shamless questions in court by the defense, or when the media writes shameful articles on the incidents.

If the result of the recent cases is that victims will more often report the abuses, and the message to sexual abusers is that they will be caught more often, then the big picture is positive.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Trust me you can. Sport is probably the best industry to be in when it comes to that.

It’s interesting though, there’s no way he plays ball with investigators. He’d be looking at life in prison out there if convicted.

If they issue a warrant he’ll just hide in Portugal. That’ll end his career and probably make it impossible for him to remain a public figure.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Ronaldo is either guilty or not, we do not know, we can only guess. Let's wait for the court to decide.

Not too sure about that depending on what documents are admissible. That questionnaire for example I doubt ever sees the light of day in court if it was between Ronaldo & his legal council then leaked.

Its very hard to prove these he said / she said beyond doubt but see more of the civil damages cases being successful after a not guilty verdicts.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dude.....You can't be serious. Did you read what I wrote?
I said that, in the big picture, men are not the victims. The % of men falsely accused is trivial just compared to the reported or unreported cases of abuses.
The bigger problem is the prevalence of rapes and sexual abuses and the overwhelming victims are women and girls. News for you, most of the abusers / predators are men as well.

I’ve never argued that men were the victims overall here, that would be absurd. But I can’t accept those being wrongly accused being trivial, just as I wouldn’t accept it if the numbers were reversed. To think otherwise would just be cold.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I’ve never argued that men were the victims overall here, that would be absurd. But I can’t accept those being wrongly accused being trivial, just as I wouldn’t accept it if the numbers were reversed. To think otherwise would just be cold.
Well tough ****... Those numbers are trivial now. The reverse was trivial before. We live in an age of overcorrection...

When you try to bring up such a statistic in defence of your point, it makes it very sour and makes you seem unaware of the overall picture.

In a case of 1million allegations, 90% are proven right (900k cases), but hey let's focus on the 10% here .

Latest posts+

Top Bottom