• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think we have a habit of massively overrating the young talent that we have at our club when in reality very very few of them actually turn out to be anything special (if at all). We haven't got a great record.
I feel our prospects are rated compared to all young players around the country. From what I can remember Nelson is one of, if not the best prospect in the country behind Sancho and the club have clearly fast-tracked him a loan move.

We've got relatively good prospects coming through but when someone truly special comes along we'll all know without a doubt.

Let's play Aubamawang

Great to see the young lad scored last night for the U21s. Really hope he makes it, he's got so much talent. I just hope he stays grounded and keeps working hard. The problem with a lot of young talent at this club is that once they break into the first team picture they think they've made it and don't push on. I would be sad if any of our new blood wound up like that.

HBL

Established Member
I mean he'd definitely solve our winger problem if he were to kick on throughout this season. No reason why he can't either, learning from a great coach as well.

Wryer

Brilliant freekick from that far out.

Hoping he gets more minutes under Nagelsmann and raise his bar higher.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel our prospects are rated compared to all young players around the country. From what I can remember Nelson is one of, if not the best prospect in the country behind Sancho and the club have clearly fast-tracked him a loan move.

We've got relatively good prospects coming through but when someone truly special comes along we'll all know without a doubt.
I've tried hard with Nelson, but he seems to be doing well with everyone except when he played for the first team.

I know it's not his fault for being played mostly at RWB

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I haven't been too in touch with the BL as I'm in the US for a while and afaik he didn't get too many minutes yet so I'm a bit in the dark about him...but a season under Nagelsmann and his hands on intricate coaching can't do him wrong, and if he manages to perform we might not have to go out and buy a young, highly rated winger ala Neres, Under or Bailey - although I'd really like to have Sessegnon at Arsenal for the hints of end product he has shown in the second division last season. I really don't want Sp**s to get another Bale.

Iwobi, Sessegnon and a developed Nelson along Mesut, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang would be quite something for the coming season for the attacking positions.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Iwobi, Sessegnon and a developed Nelson along Mesut, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang would be quite something for the coming season for the attacking positions.
20180802t091128z_1_lynxmpee710p8_rtroptp_3_soccerenglandarsbur.ashx

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson finding it hard to get in the game. He's playing as a false 9! They seem reluctant to pass the ball to him though however he's been effective whenever he's got the ball. Laid on 4 chances already.

BTW, first row lads. Always works.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nelson finding it hard to get in the game. He's playing as a false 9! They seem reluctant to pass the ball to him though however he's been effective whenever he's got the ball. Laid on 4 chances already.

BTW, first row lads. Always works.

I've watched the game up until he scored. Hoffenheim have a really odd style of play. Not easy on the eye at all. Wing backs dribble into blind allies, random crosses and Demirbay just doesn't release the ball. They all hold onto the ball for far too long, but whenever Nelson gets it something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom