• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Muppets, Merson in particular is a famous imbecile.

Firstly the "we've got our Arsenal back" chant was in direct reference to the Ramsey goal and more generally the way we were playing (counter attacking at pace), nothing whatsoever to do with nine wins in a row.
If you are going to have a discussion on a topic at least do some research.

Secondly with regards being on the end of a big score, not sure if he was drunk, stoned or just too thick to remember but we played against a team who got 100 points last season and could, arguably should have come away with a draw.
That was Emery's first game and our defence was alot more shambolic then than it is now, yes it needs work but these things take time and we have conceded , what? one goal in our last three league games.

Alright so it's possible but it's still a moronic and unnecessarily negative thing to say when asked to comment on your ex club winning nine games in a row under a new manager.
I can't think of any other 'pundit' who is so desperate to find negatives about their former club, really good player but he's a complete príck.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I can't think of any other 'pundit' who is so desperate to find negatives about their former club, really good player but he's a complete príck.
Merson is one of those sorry humans who blames everyone else for things that go wrong in his life. I'm willing to bet my life savings he blames Arsenal for not getting him to 100 goals and spiraling him into a cocaine infused alcoholic mess. Never ever has anything good to say about us. If we win the league he'll complain we cheated our way there.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why the media not talking about Liverpool or Sp**s winning f**k all in last few years? Instead of always talking s**t about arsenal and manutd who always win trophies

TBF I’ve seen a couple articles/interviews saying sp*rs HAVE to win something soon, anything, to be truly classed as a decent side. Not a huge number though.

They will always be **** of course.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Not from England myself lol so I don't know .A lot of media pundits are ex Liverpool from the 80's era we won a league title at their ground :lol:.

A lot of it has to do with Wenger, Didn't come across as your stereotypical manager , tended to have strong opinions and views and basically would speak up if he thought something was not right . That's where the Wenger moaning originated from . Most of what he moaned about he was right. Tackling - look how that has changed , fourth is like a trophy - funny how so many agree these days and who had the original mosquito fleet in midfield that pundits scoffed at and now Pep is a genius because we never seen that before :rolleyes:. Oh I also remember the stick he got for saying Arsenal could go undefeated in a season months before :lol:

Hilariously enough he said it the season after we won our 3rd double & second of the premier league era (2002-2003). But when he quashed all talk of it we actually went on to achieve exactly that the following season ;)

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Why the media not talking about Liverpool or Sp**s winning f**k all in last few years? Instead of always talking s**t about arsenal and manutd who always win trophies
Cause there is no expectation from Sp**s and liverpool. They have been **** for decades while we have been a force to be reckoned with.(you could argue it's been a while now though)

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Ah, you'd be right.

Also, for me personally, the better season would be 1997/1998. We were 6th in December of 1997, the media & their insufferable pundits had us down & out. A phenomenal undertaking seeing as it came against one of Fergie's best Manchester United squads.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Also, for me personally, the better season would be 1997/1998. We were 6th in December of 1997, the media & their insufferable pundits had us down & out. A phenomenal undertaking seeing as it came against one of Fergie's best Manchester United squads.
Now I can have a go at you.

01/02, we had
3-1 at home to Mallorca to get through the first CL group where we had to win by 2 clear goals.
4-1 at home to Bayer Leverkusen who got to the CL final including being 2-0 up after 10 minutes and a brilliant Bergkamp chip
3-1 at home at Juve including Bergkamp teasing the whole Juve defence.
Winning away at Liverpool with 10 men
Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle
Pires against Aston Villa
It's only Ray Parlour.

There are more as well. That season was actually mind blowing.

GunnerUK

Arsenal have always got negative bashing from the British Media. When we were winning the league unbeaten we was a team full of French and didn’t give the English a chance we bullied refs into decisions and played dirty - Utd were always the golden boys.

When we shifted to giving younger players a chance in the mid 00’s we were “impotent” and didn’t have the mental strength to challenge, Wenger and board refuse to spend money and Wenger had gone senile. We became a feeder club to the bigger boys.

Now we’re going on a win streak of 8 but still won’t finish top 4, Sp**s much better side, Liverpool miles ahead of us blah blah blah

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Now I can have a go at you.

01/02, we had
3-1 at home to Mallorca to get through the first CL group where we had to win by 2 clear goals.
4-1 at home to Bayer Leverkusen who got to the CL final including being 2-0 up after 10 minutes and a brilliant Bergkamp chip
3-1 at home at Juve including Bergkamp teasing the whole Juve defence.
Winning away at Liverpool with 10 men
Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle
Pires against Aston Villa
It's only Ray Parlour.

There are more as well. That season was actually mind blowing.

I agree wholeheartedly it was a phenomenal season for all the highlights you pointed out with the addition of that last gasp penalty to win the match against Sp*rs.

I just fondly remember '97-'98 for similarly nostalgic reasons :

1. Keown's ball to Overmars capping that excellent display at Old Trafford.

2. Platt rising above everyone to plant that great header in the thrilling reverse fixture.

3. Bergkamp's amazing goal at Barnsley

4. That Tony Adams goal at home to Everton.

Also it was our first Premier League title & the first I celebrated since become a fan 6 years prior to it.

Bottom line is both were exceptional seasons in their own right. It's just that, in light of our misfortunes in the past decade they've gone on to take mythological status :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haven't seen AFC win the title yet. :(

The last time we won the league I was still nominally a Utd supporter.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Haven't seen AFC win the title yet. :(

The last time we won the league I was still nominally a Utd supporter.

Why did you dump them?

Sounds like you started following the game when United were at their peak.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom