• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Rate him or not Micky here to stay until his contract runs out.

No club offering our wages on a multi year deal at 29 & extending the deal is hard thanks to more clauses.

His basic £144,000-a-week pay will rise to £240,000 a week if Arsenal trigger an option to extend his deal. There was also an £8.65m loyalty bonus on signing for the London club.

Mino is a genius. He probably sent the contract to Football Leaks as soon as the ink dried. :rolleyes:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why did weeks go by after this supposed verbal agreement? Did they “sort of agree” (as he says in his own words) but then Ramsey and his agent delayed signing the actual contract and the club just said **** it?

Last edited:

Mudi

“Hopefully somebody will come up and tell me why,” he said. “I’ll accept that if there’s a reason. When the time is right, I probably will find out but that hasn’t happened yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/26/aaron-ramsey-arsenal

I can tell him easily what happened.

1) He was asking more than his market value. If he really wanted to sign that contract, he wouldn't have waited till now. Something tells me that he didn't want to sign just to see where this team was heading under Emery. I believe that if it was going bad, he would have pulled out of the contract himself.

2) He is not a starter:
- Özil is nailed on number 10 with Mkhi as back-up
- He can't play on the wings
- He's not disciplined to play the CM with our set-up

3) Gives a clear message to all the others that no player is bigger than the club. We had this issue with Sanchez and Özil and we had to bend over to save our image. This thing with Ramsey is the opposite and just perfect for the club, claiming the policy has changed with Wenger leaving and we dare our players to ransom the club.

I'm really happy that he can f*ck off. We stuck too long with mediocrity and Ramsey is no different. Look at Wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain, Gibbs, Coquelin, Giroud, ...

Wryer

Why did weeks go by after this supposed verbal agreement? Did they “agree” but then Ramsey and his agent delayed signing the actual contract and the club just said **** it?
Likely so. They played poker to get a better deal and ended up looking stupid.

If the deal was there, and probably even longer than a few weeks because AW seemed to suggest the club has offered him something - why didn't he sign it?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Why did weeks go by after this supposed verbal agreement? Did they “sort of agree” (as he says in his own words) but then Ramsey and his agent delayed signing the actual contract and the club just said **** it?

Pretty normal to verbally agree a contract and then have it drawn out formally weeks later to sign.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Likely so. They played poker to get a better deal and ended up looking stupid.

If the deal was there, and probably even longer than a few weeks because AW seemed to suggest the club has offered him something - why didn't he sign it?

Yeah in this case the contract was on the table and he delayed , management changed and he paid the price.

Wryer

Yeah in this case the contract was on the table and he delayed , management changed and he paid the price.
I believe so.
It just irks me that Ramsey and his representatives are suggesting that a deal was agreed and the club pulled the carpet under him. There was no agreement to begin with and the club decided to move on.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I believe so.
It just irks me that Ramsey and his representatives are suggesting that a deal was agreed and the club pulled the carpet under him. There was no agreement to begin with and the club decided to move on.
Ornstein said the four year agreement was in place from both sides but we backed out as final contract being drawn up.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
One way of looking at it is that we’re lucky Ramsey is such a good character. If he was prone to disrupting the dressing room then something like this could have a terrible impact. Can you imagine if the club did this to someone like Adebayor or Nasri? The dressing room would be toxic.

No one knows what’s gone on, but I doubt the club have behaved impeccably in all this, even if Ramsey’s team haven’t either.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Much as I like Ramsey, it's hard to have any sympathy. He's been quiet the whole time until now, why didn't he say a year ago that he wants to stay at Arsenal! Which ever way you look at it, Ramsey & his agent have been asking for too much and its back fired on them.

scytheavatar

Established Member
One way of looking at it is that we’re lucky Ramsey is such a good character. If he was prone to disrupting the dressing room then something like this could have a terrible impact. Can you imagine if the club did this to someone like Adebayor or Nasri? The dressing room would be toxic.

No one knows what’s gone on, but I doubt the club have behaved impeccably in all this, even if Ramsey’s team haven’t either.

You know absolutely nothing about what Ramsey/Adebayor/Nasri are like in the dressing room so you have no idea if Ramsey is disrupting the dressing room or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom