• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst manager in the PL

Worst manager in the PL?

• Neil Warnock

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Claude Puel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Woy Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
Seeing guys like Mark Hughes and Claude Puel rock up on the sideline every season has got me thinking.

Who’s the worst manager in the Premier League / who keeps on amazing you by getting decent jobs?

Have added the 4 most obvious suspects although please feel free to nominate any others.

say yes

forum master baiter
Other worthy contenders:

- Marco Silva (really don’t get the hype)
- Jokanovic (Fulham are dreadful)
- David Wagner (might be a bit harsh given his resources)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Jokanovic without question. At least the other managers have a history of keeping teams in the PL (well apart from Warnock). Fulham have some decent quality but there's such delusion and naivety with how they're approaching things, therefore he's the worst coach for me. At least Warnock knows the limitations of his Cardiff squad, heck they beat Fulham just last week.

Hughes is meh, but has done well with Blackburn and Stoke for a while. Hodgson shouldn't even be on the list despite Palace's poor start. Puel is hard to judge, he's alright.

Don't think he is worse than mentioned in the poll but Sean Dyche seems to lack adaptability to become a solid premier league manager. One trick pony. Like the fellah though, seems like a good guy.

Tir Na Nog

Don't think he is worse than mentioned in the poll but Sean Dyche seems to lack adaptability to become a solid premier league manager. One trick pony. Like the fellah though, seems like a good guy.

I'm sure if he had forwards and creative players like even the likes of Everton, Watford, etc have then he'd be more "adaptable". The problem is Burnley don't have the financial capability to bring in such talents therefore bring in a certain type of player, which is usually limited and thus focus on their strengths.

Dyche would be in my top 8.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Voted for Neil Warnock, which is funny considering that he's won promotion to the top flight four times. Terrible at keeping teams there, though.

Tir Na Nog

TBF to Warnock, when he was at QPR he was sacked halfway through the 11/12 season. In fact they weren't even in the relegation zone when he got sacked, they were outside it. Who knows if he would have kept them up or not.

Sheffield United were also incredibly unlucky, I mean they Wigan and West Ham both stayed up at their expense and only just. But both those teams were a fair bit better than Sheffield.

As for Cardiff, they're a championship side. None of the players are anywhere near PL level, if he kept them up. He'd have performed an absolute miracle.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Claude Puel is a diabolical shout. He finished 8th with Southampton who then sacked him and nearly got relegated. And he finished what, 9th last year? Nowhere near the worst.

Given his resources, I think you'd probably have to say currently it's Mourinho. Last year, it would have been Wenger.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Warnock.

Guy was an absolute dinosaur ten years ago, at QPR he spent huge money on absolute sh*te and wanted even more. Dreadful tenure.

At Palace again he was miles out of his depth. Guy’s essentially a poor man’s Mick McCarthy, two of the flukiest promotions I’ve ever seen. Even at Sheffield Utd he should have got them over the edge but didn’t.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Voted for Neil Warnock, which is funny considering that he's won promotion to the top flight four times. Terrible at keeping teams there, though.

I think he is the perfect Championship manager, however, he is shown up when he is pitted against Premier League opposition.

Roy is a much better manager, and he has a much wider experience than just playing hoof ball in the championship....

Reactions: A_G

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Hodgson has had his failures but he has also had important successes in more than one country. Cannot be considered a bad manager by any yardstick.

It is easy to confuse the issue of manager and team in my view, this year's hero in getting promotion with flying colours is next year's villain because the team he manages aren't good enough to compete with the big boys.

Hughes is an example of a manager who has eked out a career based on his playing days. Warnock has never managed a strong team but has managed some promotions.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Hodgson has had his failures but he has also had important successes in more than one country. Cannot be considered a bad manager by any yardstick.

It is easy to confuse the issue of manager and team in my view, this year's hero in getting promotion with flying colours is next year's villain because the team he manages aren't good enough to compete with the big boys.

Hughes is an example of a manager who has eked out a career based on his playing days. Warnock has never managed a strong team but has managed some promotions.

Didn't watch Hodgson so much away from EPL and England,but i think that he did good job in some countries in Europe.

His only failure was Liverpool.They were very bad under him.But also,Dalglish wasn't that impressive after him tbh.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Definitely can't agree with Hodgson and Puel, at the very least you have to say they have their moments.

Jokanovic is harsh considering the sample size imo.

Warnock you could argue takes bad teams into the prem, but can't compete at that level because the quality of the team is then too low.

McClaren has to be the worst in recent times imo, he's absolutely dreadful. Currently, it's Hughes imo. He just has no particular style and doesnt do particularly well. He doesn't impress me.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn't watch Hodgson so much away from EPL and England,but i think that he did good job in some countries in Europe.

His only failure was Liverpool.They were very bad under him.But also,Dalglish wasn't that impressive after him tbh.
Dalglish was average, bordering on poor.

Top Bottom