• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilshereGone

Did well but we need our full backs to be overlapping which he didn't, I'm sure he was worried about his pace on the counter but it cost us going forward today. Get him back in midfield for the pool game, should help Özil as well, Xhaka isn't the perfect player but he is very good at playing the midfield splitting passes to find Özil in space.

Monreal is good but you look at the impact that someone like Robertson & Mendy have had with their pace/energy and it makes you think that we need someone like Tierney.
Hopefully we're looking at Chilwell. Would love to see him as our LB in this system.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully we're looking at Chilwell. Would love to see him as our LB in this system.

Hard not to think he'd be incredibly expensive. Like silly money expensive. The time to get him would've been a year or so before his Leicester debut.

What happened to Cohen Bramall? Is he that bad?

HBL

Established Member
Hard not to think he'd be incredibly expensive. Like silly money expensive. The time to get him would've been a year or so before his Leicester debut.

What happened to Cohen Bramall? Is he that bad?
I think the more suitable question would be was he ever good?

progman07

Established Member
> Shouldn't be relied upon, squad player at best

On the long-term, need a more composed midfielder who can help us control games like today's. (I'm not talking about his performance today, which was fine for an immobile midfielder forced to defend 1v1 against speedy wingers)

I cannot imagine any midfield including Xhaka dominate City, Pool (would love to be proven wrong next week!) or a big European team, the last time we had that was when Fabregas played for us. If the level we want to reach is to compete with them, we definitely have to improve on him next summer.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
> Shouldn't be relied upon, squad player at best

We need a more composed midfielder who can help us control games like today's. (I'm not talking about his performance today, which was fine for an immobile midfielder forced to defend 1v1 against speedy wingers)

I cannot imagine any midfield including Xhaka dominate City, Pool (would love to be proven wrong next week!) or a big European team, the last time we had that was when Fabregas played for us. If the level we want to reach is to compete with them, we definitely have to improve on him next summer.

The thing is it could, but you'd have to sacrifice quite a bit elsewhere. And that's where for me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to persist with him if we aren't going to do that.

He can't play in a 2 against mobile opponents.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well he's not a LB, however in midfield he'll be found out again I've no doubt. Makes too many silly mistakes when pressed and is terrible at tracking runners. Heck next week we may see him at his worst. The Liverpool forwards and midfield will be buzzing around him, ready to pounce.

dabest

I truely understand why there has been so much talk about Iwobi and LacaBloodclotZette and how they have improved Under Emery, but Granit has gone Under the radar.

That's his second world class freekick this season and we've been missing goals from set pieces for a long time.

I've also really enjoyed his attitidue off the ball as well. the way he stood up to Coartes after he headbutted Lichtensteiner, or in the first half today aignst that palace player in the first half after he sheltered the ball out for a goal kick.

Zaha was looking for that pen and got it against a tired Granit Xhaka. I think that hes a cheating ****.

Granits no LB, but he's a fooking captain giving 100% foe his team and doing a job.

He's been looking very good text to the 5.5ft uragayian magician as well and when they've played togehter in midfield, has been our best run in the season.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Only reason we got a draw yesterday was because of Xhaka's set-piece taking, which has certainly gone up a notch this season. He gave away a penalty but he played out of position and we were under immense pressure, Mustafi's penalty was far worse considering it came at the final minute of the first half, after the corner kick we had to defend like our lives depended on it.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Mustafi's penalty was far worse
No argument from me there, Mustafi the worst, Xhaka second worst in the squad. Both need to be sent to Sunderland so they realise what kind of wasteland they could be living in

HBL

Established Member
Good squad player, I'd be happy with him as a 3rd choice but don't think he should be guaranteed a starting position. Sign Ndombele and play him next to Torreira.

TheArsenalis

We missed him in the centre yesterday. The game just passed us by and we couldn't gets grips on it. The left back role good for the odd game. But i wouldn't want to see him there against Liverpool.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We missed him in the centre yesterday. The game just passed us by and we couldn't gets grips on it. The left back role good for the odd game. But i wouldn't want to see him there against Liverpool.
On a serious note, I mentioned this previously, but I'd rather play Xhaka-Torreira there and play Elneny LB if we really need to.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Bias as f vck voting options

My vote goes to
5: first one on the teamsheet and wearing the armband 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom