• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
What I really appreciate about him is that he openly admits the improvement needs, e.g. that our first halves are weak, or that we have been lucky with our defending so far.

With Wenger, it was mostly excuses in the media - from tight schedule, injuries, to refereeing, lack of sharpness, lack of confidence. Of course it's possible he was only defending his teams in public while trying to solve it internally, and I don't necessarily expect a manager to open up on our issues, but with Emery it's more transparent that the staff are aware of everything.

Sometimes it felt like Wenger is an extreme optimist who thinks that when we lost a game it was bad luck, and thought no change was necessary.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Sometimes it felt like Wenger is an extreme optimist who thinks that when we lost a game it was bad luck, and thought no change was necessary.

This is true. Not just an idealist, not just stubborn, but also ultra-optimistic. You could see why his teams played like that, with over-the-top confidence, cheeky against the scariest opposition.

Also probably how he got the best out of average strikers, such as Adebayor. Used their cockiness well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Made the kind of negative subs today Wenger got slaughtered for. Also have to question playing Monreal in league cup ties and EL games where he wasn't needed, could have contributed to him picking up a muscle problem.

Still a long way to go for this team but I can already seen some improvements and they are coming slowly.

We are still on a unbeaten run, and if we can win Blackpool and Liverpool next week this is not so bad!

blaze_of_glory

Goes to show what a job Emery has done that we're actually feeling disappointed after dropping two out of the last 24 points.

No matter what happens this season, it's just the first step after a massive, massive change at the club and it has to be viewed as such.

Zaza

Poor subs from him. Rather conservative truth be told. Should've gone for the 3rd goal and killed off the tie.
Laca should've been subbed instead of Auba.
I guess Bellerin's injury robbed us of a valuable sub.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really hope monreal or kola back next week without a natural LB his system and philosophy would be difficult to work

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think we are being harsh on his subs. Tou can argue Özil for Welbeck is an attacking change. Ramsey for Auba was about energy. The Ramsey sub didn't work, but I don't question the intent.

We came from behind again and fell foul to 2 penalties.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Going to take us a few windows to be more competitive I think.

Resultwise, I don't think we can complain. Liverpool will probably a good yardstick to how much, if any, we have improved.

Sungod

Two fullbacks out of contract.
And if we can't move Jenkinson we have so less options.
We need at least a left Back who can also play as LW.
RW is Nelson and Welbeck might be let go.

I wonder we have a good prospect Commimg but not ready.
We need a 29-30 year old established LB maybe since Kola is locked in

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Think we are being harsh on his subs. Tou can argue Özil for Welbeck is an attacking change. Ramsey for Auba was about energy. The Ramsey sub didn't work, but I don't question the intent.

We came from behind again and fell foul to 2 penalties.

If Ramsey put that header chance he had from Xhaka in the back of the net we would have been saying it was another masterclass from Emery. A lot of people are slating the subs he made this time, however, it almost paid off. I still believe in him!

And, I can't help but agree with blaze as he said you can see how well Emery is doing that we are disappointed we tied a tough game lol.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
still early days... seems he has tried to break down the star power of a key player, and let Ramsey go. Has desperately tried to make Guendouzi a success. Has tinkered and tweaked even winning combinations. Has not got the team to fire and play coherently for a full game.

The Liverpool game will be the end of the honeymoon period...me thinks.

Giroud12

still early days... seems he has tried to break down the star power of a key player, and let Ramsey go. Has desperately tried to make Guendouzi a success. Has tinkered and tweaked even winning combinations. Has not got the team to fire and play coherently for a full game.

Bit harsh, no?

He has taken Özil off when hes not playing well and rightfully so. Its very refreshing after years of Wenger playing his favs day in day out.

We dont know everything that goes on behind the scenes with Ramsey, and as much as I like him we cant have two number 10s at 30oK/week anyway. If anything the new contract to Özil was the end of Ramsey, not Emery.

Giendouzi has been a huge success, especially considering he is 19 and has taken a massive step up.

While we have not played many good full games we have had the longest winning streak for years. Were "only" fourth because the league is extremely competitive this year. Any other year we could have been 1-3 with our points tally.

Also, Xhaka and Bellerin look much better under Emery, Sokratis has started very tidy, Torreira looks aboslutely fantastic, Iwobi and Welbeck are totally different players and he has somewhat solved an almost impossible "problem" with Auba and Laca, managing to play only one up top yet they have still 11 league goals and several assists between them.

Doubt any other manager could have done the same.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Even if we dropped points against Liverpool he still done very good job our main target is back again into top 4 and we in good position

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The problem with Emery against Crystal Palace was more the starting XI rather than the subs. Disappointed to see Wenger-like decisions like Guendouzi starting a tough away game, our best CB benched and Xhaka of all players playing LB against one of the trickiest wingers in the league.

I'm sure Emery will learn from this and not show this kind of naivety again soon.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The Palace game was disappointing but no-one on this board would have said we were going to win 11 on the trot before that so some perspective is needed.

I like it when he is flexible my concern is that he doesn't adopt bad habits because stubbornness is what eventually did for Wenger.

Liverpool will be a test because this is the first big game since he's been able to organise things his way. It will be a different game in that we are not necessarily expected to win it whereas Liverpool will feel obliged to, so we can play on that. His best trait so far is how he's got the team to defend better as a unit and press in the right places. I don't understand how anyone can think Guendouzi hasn't done well. Torreira is the star of the new signings but the lad is not just a prospect but someone who won't let you down now.

Defence situation doesn't look good given our stingy owners. Whatever the debate about how good our centre-backs are, Koscielny's injuries will make him a marginal figure for the rest of his contract and . Full back is more worrying. If Monreal goes we need a better player than Kola, not an inferior one. Lichtsteiner will be 35. Does look as though we'll need a minimum 2 signings just to keep things as they are now.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Bit harsh, no?

He has taken Özil off when hes not playing well and rightfully so. Its very refreshing after years of Wenger playing his favs day in day out.

We dont know everything that goes on behind the scenes with Ramsey, and as much as I like him we cant have two number 10s at 30oK/week anyway. If anything the new contract to Özil was the end of Ramsey, not Emery.

Giendouzi has been a huge success, especially considering he is 19 and has taken a massive step up.

While we have not played many good full games we have had the longest winning streak for years. Were "only" fourth because the league is extremely competitive this year. Any other year we could have been 1-3 with our points tally.

Also, Xhaka and Bellerin look much better under Emery, Sokratis has started very tidy, Torreira looks aboslutely fantastic, Iwobi and Welbeck are totally different players and he has somewhat solved an almost impossible "problem" with Auba and Laca, managing to play only one up top yet they have still 11 league goals and several assists between them.

Doubt any other manager could have done the same.

we just got overrun by Palace ...crystal palace. couldnt hold the ball, couldnt build attacks. its been happening too regularly. The manager is playing favourites with Guendozi who frankly is utter dosh. Anyway, this is a honeymoon season so lets wait and watch, but it was really painful watching.

HBL

Established Member
we just got overrun by Palace ...crystal palace. couldnt hold the ball, couldnt build attacks. its been happening too regularly. The manager is playing favourites with Guendozi who frankly is utter dosh. Anyway, this is a honeymoon season so lets wait and watch, but it was really painful watching.
How is Guendouzi utter dosh? :lol:

He is the same guy that bossed it against City and Chelsea and made it look effortless. He is clearly a massive talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom