• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
we just got overrun by Palace ...crystal palace. couldnt hold the ball, couldnt build attacks. its been happening too regularly. The manager is playing favourites with Guendozi who frankly is utter dosh. Anyway, this is a honeymoon season so lets wait and watch, but it was really painful watching.
What a rubbish post. We've seen obvious improvement from last season under Emery.
Favourites? What a bogus claim. Virtually every player has been hooked when they have a bad game.
Painful to watch? How many other teams have gone 11 games winning.
We were a bit off against Palace but we also played 4 games in like 10 days. Two mistakes by Mustafi and Xhaka (oddly not mentioned in your post) cost the game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
we just got overrun by Palace ...crystal palace. couldnt hold the ball, couldnt build attacks. its been happening too regularly. The manager is playing favourites with Guendozi who frankly is utter dosh. Anyway, this is a honeymoon season so lets wait and watch, but it was really painful watching
First you complain that we couldn't hold the ball and after that you attack Guenduzi who was excellent at passing and keeping possession. Can you decide first what you want and then comment, because this doesn't make sense at all.

boyinneedofhumor

First you complain that we couldn't hold the ball and after that you attack Guenduzi who was excellent at passing and keeping possession. Can you decide first what you want and then comment, because this doesn't make sense at all.
Give him a room and a ball.
(Just ensure you hold the key to the lock)

ThlRama

Player:Saka
The problem with Emery against Crystal Palace was more the starting XI rather than the subs. Disappointed to see Wenger-like decisions like Guendouzi starting a tough away game, our best CB benched and Xhaka of all players playing LB against one of the trickiest wingers in the league.

I sure Emery will learn from this and not show this kind of naivety again soon.

Um, what? Sokratis just came back from injury, do you know better than Emery how well prepared he was to play? Who would you start instead of Matteo and Granit? Because there wasn't anybody available.

Last edited:

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason

if he was excellent at passing and keeping possession, how did we get overrun?

Mesut Özil received seven passes from Torreira and Guendouzi yesterday (4+3), compared to 24 from Xhaka and Torreira against Leicester (15+9)

vijay

How is Guendouzi utter dosh? :lol:

He is the same guy that bossed it against City and Chelsea and made it look effortless. He is clearly a massive talent.

we lost both games. He didnt boss it.

Against city, he had a missed challenge on sterlingfor the first goal and then the misplayed long ball that allowed Sergio Aguero a one on one.

Still you are a fan of his, and I am not. Utter dosh IMHO

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Mesut Özil received seven passes from Torreira and Guendouzi yesterday (4+3), compared to 24 from Xhaka and Torreira against Leicester (15+9)
Maybe because we play with 10 players and it's not enough if 3-4 are on the required level?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Um, what? Sokratis just came back from injury, do you know better than Emery how well prepared he was to play? Who would you start instead of Matteo and Granit? Because there wasn't anybody available.
If Sokratis was fit to play on Thursday he was fit to play against Crystal Palace, no excuses. He is our best CB and should always be the first name at CB.

Xhaka should‘ve played instead of Guendouzi and Lichtsteiner, an actual fullback as the LB.

nick gould

Calm down man. We had our problems but Mateo is not our biggest. Go to whoscored and you will find that he had the highest passes of any Arsenal player. Maybe Özil was man-marked so it wasn’t his fault for not finding him. Losing Bellerin was a big blow, we create our chances on the flanks mainly through our fullbacks. By the way we dominated ball possession.

vijay

Calm down man. We had our problems but Mateo is not our biggest. Go to whoscored and you will find that he had the highest passes of any Arsenal player. Maybe Özil was man-marked so it wasn’t his fault for not finding him. Losing Bellerin was a big blow, we create our chances on the flanks mainly through our fullbacks. By the way we dominated ball possession.

i guess its part of the rebuilding. Had hopes we had settled on a xhaka-torreira-Özil midfield. Too bad Ramsey is no longer an option for central mid. I just find Gwen ineffective, though i agree that in a few years he may come good...and be the new cesc. dont see it now though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Mesut Özil was taken off half way through the game!! If you're going to use stats then at least know how to...

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
i guess its part of the rebuilding. Had hopes we had settled on a xhaka-torreira-Özil midfield. Too bad Ramsey is no longer an option for central mid. I just find Gwen ineffective, though i agree that in a few years he may come good...and be the new cesc. dont see it now though.

With width provided by the fulbacks and Özil drifting in from the right wing...I still can't fully understand why Emery persists with the 2-1 in midfield instead of a three. I mean I get that he likes the attacking mid to push on so he has an attacking quartet up front, and two to sit deep in front of the defense...and that's an answer right there...but Ramsey from deep can be such an asset, while the other two can always sit back a bit more, but I guess a more flat three rids him of that fourth man he wants upfield all the time.

Ramsey in a mid 2, although it could work, is clearly not an option for Emery as he obviously prefers a ballwinner next to a conductor, which is why by now we always see Torreira with either Xhaka or Guendouzi next to him. Though, Guendouzi, for all the things he does right and the plaudits he gets is still miles off of Xhaka in terms of being a controlling midfielder and progressing the ball up field.

It's nice to have a talent such as Guendouzi at the club, but he's by far not a finished product and hopefully we'll have a fit leftback back for the next game and Xhaka back in the middle.

vijay

With width provided by the fulbacks and Özil drifting in from the right wing...I still can't fully understand why Emery persists with the 2-1 in midfield instead of a three. I mean I get that he likes the attacking mid to push on so he has an attacking quartet up front, and two to sit deep in front of the defense...and that's an answer right there...but Ramsey from deep can be such an asset, while the other two can always sit back a bit more, but I guess a more flat three rids him of that fourth man he wants upfield all the time.

Ramsey in a mid 2, although it could work, is clearly not an option for Emery as he obviously prefers a ballwinner next to a conductor, which is why by now we always see Torreira with either Xhaka or Guendouzi next to him. Though, Guendouzi, for all the things he does right and the plaudits he gets is still miles off of Xhaka in terms of being a controlling midfielder and progressing the ball up field.

It's nice to have a talent such as Guendouzi at the club, but he's by far not a finished product and hopefully we'll have a fit leftback back for the next game and Xhaka back in the middle.

We might be spoilt.... we saw cesc, jack, aaron when they were 19 ....cant hold everyone to that standard

progman07

Established Member
One thing I do not really see in our games, or definitely not often or successfully enough is the pressing game we were introduced to during our summer preparations.

Am I missing something, or are we still not effective in our off-the-ball movement as a team?

Torreira for example does it well naturally, but I do not see cohesion from the attackers to our defenders, sometimes an attacker closes down a defender but I see it as more of an individual effort than a team move, and we rarely win the ball back in result.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
One thing I do not really see in our games, or definitely not often or successfully enough is the pressing game we were introduced to during our summer preparations.

Am I missing something, or are we still not effective in our off-the-ball movement as a team?

Torreira for example does it well naturally, but I do not see cohesion from the attackers to our defenders, sometimes an attacker closes down a defender but I see it as more of an individual effort than a team move, and we rarely win the ball back in result.
I think from last season we have done very well to start pressing opponents and force errors and intercept . But Bu have switched around quite a bit and it probably takes time to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom