• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I liked how competitive he was (again). Seemed like Torreira and Guendouzi were getting through an awful lot of defensive work and doing so pretty well. Guendouzi perhaps needs to time his standing tackles a bit better but I thought him and Torreira were very battle-hardy.

There was an issue getting the ball forward for the two of them but that IMO was a combination of Palace's organization and our lack of wide options. It did not help that Iwobi had a particularly poor game and Özil was quite unassertive.

I'd still like to see these two as a pairing. Guendouzi still has the issue of taking a lot of touches to do things and he really needs to get sharper in that area.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

i would like to see him and elneny play together.
Elneny doesn’t really add anything to a midfield partnership, he’s literally your perfectly balanced CM that’s not really great at anything.

Out of interest why do you think Doozy and Elneny would form a good pairing?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly thought this game higlighted the things he has to work on. Drifts too far to the right , doesn't have a picture in his mind of what he wants to do and that's why he dithers on the ball .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Honestly thought this game higlighted the things he has to work on. Drifts too far to the right , doesn't have a picture in his mind of what he wants to do and that's why he dithers on the ball .
I think it's because he's not necessarily a creative midfielder, though he can hit the pass more often than not if the opening is presented to him. I feel he hits more penetrative passes much better when he receives the ball very deep. Once he gets into the middle 3rd when it starts to get congested and his options are faint or marked, he ponders a little bit. I also think he closes off his options because he holds onto the ball so long. It's good if you need someone to slow down the tempo of the game, but part of being a dictator or controller is being able to change the tempo from slow to quick and vice versa. I don't feel that Guendouzi necessarily controls the rhythm of the game, ergo he is not that type of player. That doesn't mean he isn't or cannot be a major major talent as I think he's put in some really quality performances nonetheless - but I think people may have some misconceptions of the type of player he actually is and what to expect as a result.

I was impressed v Palace because even though he showed his [current] limitations, he also showed exactly what he can improve in the short term.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Elneny doesn’t really add anything to a midfield partnership, he’s literally your perfectly balanced CM that’s not really great at anything.

Out of interest why do you think Doozy and Elneny would form a good pairing?

two players who are similar, as in they are not particularly good at anything...maybe they would balance each other. Also wanted to compare both side by side, as they are the two options for that role.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
two players who are similar, as in they are not particularly good at anything...maybe they would balance each other. Also wanted to compare both side by side, as they are the two options for that role.
Sorry but this isn't true for Doozi. Where he lacks in his positioning he makes up for in tenacity. He's got a great eye for a pass too, threaded a couple through on goal in recent weeks too. Doesn't dilly daddle on the ball either, keeps it moving.

Manberg

Predator
I didn't think it was still possible in this day and age of football to find a hidden gem. What with the internet, media, every pro club having extensive scouting systems and all that.
I'd very much like more hidden gems!!!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Starting to see what you guys see in him.

Very consistent passer and you can tell he’s got it in him to occasionally play a defence splitter. Gets around well and looks like a real winner too, seems to be the guy who hates losing.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
almost cried when Welbz went down, and was the only one who gave Nani a mouthful after that disgusting move (taking the ball Steph left injured and went on playing).
opposition fans and players will soon have him as our least likable player, and I love it

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Love how after sticking up for Torreira when Nani grabbed him by the neck in the away game, Guendouzi does it again. Absolutely nailed him when that disgusting Nani played on after Lichtsteiner was injured. Great team spirit from the kid.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Does he have a brother that plays centreback? We need more talent like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom