• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

Think Hoddle nailed in last weeks commentry of the Europa league, the lads got character, many players would have wilted under the barrage of criticism he has had in his Arsenal career however he just keeps on doing his thing and shrugs it off - ballsy player who appears to have been elevated a level or 2 by Emery's infectious passionate nature.

We all wanted to see what the same players could do under another manager and right now most of them are on an upward trajectory.

Kysus

Xhaka has always been the most underrated player in the league as he was the scapegoat in our imbalanced system.
So glad he finally got a proper, contemplating partner who allows him to unleash his full potential. Fantastic Partnership, a big reason for our quick improvements.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Xhaka has always been the most underrated player in the league as he was the scapegoat in our imbalanced system.
So glad he finally got a proper, contemplating partner who allows him to unleash his full potential. Fantastic Partnership, a big reason for our quick improvements.
He wasnt a scapegoat though. He really was having bad games and bad moments. Not having a partner wasnt the only issue .

Kysus

Every player has some bad moments, especially when he sees as much of the ball as Xhaka.
Then you had a system where he was left alone defensively(Ramsey as a Partner was just ridiculous) highlighting his few weaknesses(slow) and forcing him into a role he is just not very good at(he isn't a defensive enforcer who runs around a lot to cover spaces)
Offensively it was a team with too little movement at times as well and not enough routines making it a lot harder to play it out from the back.
He definitely was the scapegoat for this problem as people expected him to be superman, Vieira, Kante and Fabregas in one player.

Really glad Emery managed to fix so many problems so quickly and we can start to enjoy a balanced, Arsenal team with Xhaka at its heart from now on!

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Starting to remain a lot more focused on the pitch and playing a lot more to his strengths. Having Torreira there seems to help him a lot more, somewhat similar to having Cazorla and Coquelin (similar partnership and functionality).

He has grown a lot more in confidence and doesn't seem to be misplacing passes as much as he did last season. He is definitely an Emery midfielder so he is safe at the club.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I’ll say this, and run.
Xhaka is not playing much better in my opinion this season, as he was already doing well before. its the partership, and our overall more detailed tactics that makes everyone look better now, as expected.
if you ever went into tactical observe of last few years Arsenal, our approaches, set ups, partnerships, and gave it a thought without just going at XX player, you would probably see that more then few of our players actually did lots of good stuff, but were constantly let down by team unbalance.

in such ‘mess’, there’s always some players who’ll look much worse than they really did, while some other’s will get a pass just cause they haven’t had that much mistakes. usually it’s faster, more energetic players who get easier pass, as their body language gives that shallow impression of actually doing more then he actually is, to an average observer at least.

I don’t remember anyone being as close as poor performer as Sanchez was in his last 6 months, no one comes close, yet, his brainless running around surely gave impression to more then few that he actually wasn’t that bad, yet alone the poorest of the bunch as I am saying.

Xhaka was probably the unluckiest. playing in the HEART of the mess pf a team, having NO support in front, behind him or even next to him.
no need to add more at all

and let’s stop this nonsense of him being slow. he is not explosive, and is a tall strong dude, he can’t move like Salah or co., but he ain’t slow at all, and keeps showing that constantly, which, again, tells you all about an average observer of the game

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I was laughed at by Xhaka haters when I pointed out he needs a proper midfield partner and that Torreira could be the perfect midfielder to unlock his full potential as a facilitator.

TheArsenalis

I’ll say this, and run.
Xhaka is not playing much better in my opinion this season, as he was already doing well before. its the partership, and our overall more detailed tactics that makes everyone look better now, as expected.
if you ever went into tactical observe of last few years Arsenal, our approaches, set ups, partnerships, and gave it a thought without just going at XX player, you would probably see that more then few of our players actually did lots of good stuff, but were constantly let down by team unbalance.

in such ‘mess’, there’s always some players who’ll look much worse than they really did, while some other’s will get a pass just cause they haven’t had that much mistakes. usually it’s faster, more energetic players who get easier pass, as their body language gives that shallow impression of actually doing more then he actually is, to an average observer at least.

I don’t remember anyone being as close as poor performer as Sanchez was in his last 6 months, no one comes close, yet, his brainless running around surely gave impression to more then few that he actually wasn’t that bad, yet alone the poorest of the bunch as I am saying.

Xhaka was probably the unluckiest. playing in the HEART of the mess pf a team, having NO support in front, behind him or even next to him.
no need to add more at all

and let’s stop this nonsense of him being slow. he is not explosive, and is a tall strong dude, he can’t move like Salah or co., but he ain’t slow at all, and keeps showing that constantly, which, again, tells you all about an average observer of the game

100%,
most of them get their opinion from popular rhetoric, not from their own brains. Though they will deny it's so.

If the board had listen to the fans we could lose this player, for some fancy footed idiot in midfield instead of working with the player, a good to get the best from him.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Can't believe everyone saying they had it right with Xhaka now and everyone else was wrong before. He played like **** and rightfully got **** when he did so. He's playing better now and when he plays good he gets credit.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

is it me or has he gotten a bit quicker as well

was shocked when he caught up to Salah
He’s never been slow, especially when he gets going. It’s more changes of pace and direction that are his weakness.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A while back I had a post saying that Xhaka would step his game up under Emery, and I'm really pleased that it is coming true.

Emery, and the Basque in general know how to maximize players like Xhaka, and Xabi Alonso is the best example.

Partnering Xhaka with Torreira, and having Leno in goal works perfectly for Xhaka. We're solid defensively and can build our attack from the back, and this is great for Xhaka.

By the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Xhaka was considered one of the best midfielders in the league.

In this form, I'd say that only Fernandinho, Kante, and Torreira look like better holding midfielders. Jorginho is good, but Xhaka is playing better than him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was laughed at by Xhaka haters when I pointed out he needs a proper midfield partner and that Torreira could be the perfect midfielder to unlock his full potential as a facilitator.
Bunch of us have been saying this since before we signed him, we saw the last few years of dodgy performances coming and despite that he’s still had more good games than bad imo.

We wanted Xhaka and Kante in the same summer but such is life, we’ve had to wait a few years but now we’re finally set up to utilise him. He now has the platform required to perform and be that Xabi Alonso type, no more excuses in terms of tactics/personnel. It's all on him to perform now and cut out those brain farts.

Last edited:

TheArsenalis

Can't believe everyone saying they had it right with Xhaka now and everyone else was wrong before. He played like **** and rightfully got **** when he did so. He's playing better now and when he plays good he gets credit.
Lol if everyone was saying they got it right, then who wrong you only? Even Messi would play like **** if his team mate wasn't organised and drilled tactically what to do. When were we playing badly he was still responsible in part for some of our good moment but they went amist because the whole team was ****. He is at centre of a really badly organised team. So pipe down pig

TheArsenalis

Bunch of us have been saying this since before we signed him, we saw the last few years coming and despite that he’s still had more good games than bad imo.

We wanted Xhaka and Kante in the same summer, we’ve had to wait a few years but now we’re set up to utilise him. He now has the platform to perform and be that Xabi Alonso type, no more excuses.
If he ****s up now sell him summer

TheArsenalis

A while back I had a post saying that Xhaka would step his game up under Emery, and I'm really pleased that it is coming true.

Emery, and the Basque in general know how to maximize players like Xhaka, and Xabi Alonso is the best example.

Partnering Xhaka with Torreira, and having Leno in goal works perfectly for Xhaka. We're solid defensively and can build our attack from the back, and this is great for Xhaka.

By the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Xhaka was considered one of the best midfielders in the league.

In this form, I'd say that only Fernandinho, Kante, and Torreira look like better holding midfielders. Jorginho is good, but Xhaka is playing better than him.
Cesc is still better than jorghino for me.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Lol if everyone was saying they got it right, then who wrong you only? Even Messi would play like **** if his team mate wasn't organised and drilled tactically what to do. When were we playing badly he was still responsible in part for some of our good moment but they went amist because the whole team was ****. He is at centre of a really badly organised team. So pipe down pig
He had a bad first touch, took bad yellows, made the opposition get unnecessary freekicks misplaced passes and couldnt keep the ball under pressure. For me that is a player playing bad. But you might now think that, and if you dont we cant really discuss wether or not xhaka played bad.

Why he played bad is not what i was talking about. In hindsight its easy to point fingers att what you think is the reason. But at the time he played **** and people called him out on it.

Now you shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom