• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
1. Lyon 2:0 Hoffenheim
2: Yellow-Red Card for Hoffenheim
3. Exchange from Nelson
4. 2:2 at the end.

He wasn't involved directly in a goal, but really had a positive impact for Hoffenheim.
His sub in was like a life of sign for them, they were completely out of the game after the red card.

His teammates trusted him, my feeling was that they passed him more often than in the last games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
1. Lyon 2:0 Hoffenheim
2: Yellow-Red Card for Hoffenheim
3. Exchange from Nelson
4. 2:2 at the end.

He wasn't involved directly in a goal, but really had a positive impact for Hoffenheim.
His sub in was like a life of sign for them, they were completely out of the game after the red card.

His teammates trusted him, my feeling was that they passed him more often than in the last games.
Agreed - he had a lot of touches, more than in his previous matches and this was only 40 mins of action. Definitely gave them a bit more pep in their step. He's becoming a lot more comfortable playing first team football - there was an assurance to his touches on the ball in this match.

Would take Sancho over Iwobi anytime. Sancho is a special special player.
That's certainly not going to happen. Is it? Plus with 5 goals in 6 apps for Hoff, who needs a Sancho when they've got a Reiss;)

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think it's necessary that he finishes his loan there. No early call backs like some have suggested here.
I agree, give him the playtime and build his confidence. Let him play preseason next year and ease into the squad of he's good enough

HBL

Established Member
Don't think he has to stay in Germany, especially if Ramsey and/or Welbeck leaves in January, he would get plenty of game time here. Nagelsmann is no doubt a fantastic coach to learn from but I'm sure Emery and his staff are just as good, if not better. Reiss hinted in his first interview after he left that returning early could be an option.

DasBootist

I agree, give him the playtime and build his confidence. Let him play preseason next year and ease into the squad of he's good enough
He is clearly 'good enough'. If he doesn't assert himself as a starter next season I will be unpleasantly surprised.

DasBootist

7 games is a bit little to judge him on
Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you on that point, but it was apparent from his games in youth football that Reiss is a special footballer.

The only argument I could think of against the notion was from his games under Wenger playing out of position.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you on that point, but it was apparent from his games in youth football that Reiss is a special footballer.

The only argument I could think of against the notion was from his games under Wenger playing out of position.
Not sure youth level is the best place to judge a player either. But you can only beat whats in front of you. I'm very happy he was loaned out instead of sitting on the bench here as he probably would not get that much playing time here. And since I think he wouldn't get that much playtime here I think he's not 'clearly good enough' as of right now to play in our squad. From what i've heard his overall play is lacking. Even though he has scored goals in germany. Not really comfortable with dribbling there yet etc.

If those things doesn't develop I'm not sure he's making it here. Luckily he seems to get the playtime and looks to be developing by the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom