• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGooner98

Poor Welbz. He is so unlucky. Just when he is having a pretty good season.....
Danny boy, wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back and play a few matches before the end of the season. Take care!

Marmaduke

I am probably the only one here who still wish the club extend his contract...
I'll back Danny to get another contract until the end. Seems like he would reasonably understand a pay cut is in order (or some injury clause) and that he would have to fight all over to get game time.

If the injury isn't career-breaking I'm sure he can cement the same Cup striker, extra winger/forward position.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Commentators nightmare:
”Danny Welbeck arriving, he’s looking pretty fit and sharp at the moment”

Good luck Danny, really hope you get back to playing again, even if it’s not at Arsenal.

progman07

Established Member
I am probably the only one here who still wish the club extend his contract...
I agree, we definitely should. Even from a financial perspective, it's better if we give him a contract, and possibly sell him next year if he cannot return to the level required, than letting him leave on a free... but definitely he should not have to worry about anything else than healing and returning to playing. Such a nice guy who always gives 100%.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
being black and very likeable are two qualities already which would make him a valuable asset behind the scenes when so many youngsters coming through are black

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Big blow for us as he's a great squad player to have. I'm all for giving him a year extension on his contract.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
being black and very likeable are two qualities already which would make him a valuable asset behind the scenes when so many youngsters coming through are black
Thank goodness I'm not at the Arsenal being white and dislikeable.

The problem with the new contract will be - the lure of a fat signing-on fee plus high wages free transfers often attract v the club wanting to reduce its liability in case of further injuries by reducing wages aka the Wilshere Conundrum. Very few players can resist the extra 40/50k a week.

It would be lovely if Danny were the exception as, injuries apart, he's only 27 and has loads of football in him but can't say I think it will happen for the above reason.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have to give it to any player out there giving 100% on short deals... Especially when an injury history like Welbeck or Ramsey.

With the money involved I would be taking the NFL route & sitting it out.

I cant see him renewing though just as at 27 & his qualities needs to be starting.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hope he was a speedy recovery. And his injury and imminent departure meet Rauls criteria for January activity.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't catch the match yesterday due to work but that still picture is gruesome. I've never been a massive fan of Danny but he's a great squaddie and lad by all accounts.

Wish him the speediest of recoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom