• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Women F.C.

Does anyone know how much of our wages go to our woman team?
Not directly about the Arsenal women's wages but there is a BBC article from before the 2015 World Cup that said Houghton earned around £30k per year for club, and she would have been likely to be one of the top earners at the time. England players also get £25k a year if they have a national team contract (I don't know exactly how that works).

I'd expect it's risen since then but it still wouldn't be much (articles I could find from this year still quoted these same figures for Houghton so I'm guessing they just copied from that article rather than finding out). Nobbs and Little would probably be in the same sort of earning bracket here but most players would still be getting much less than that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not directly about the Arsenal women's wages but there is a BBC article from before the 2015 World Cup that said Houghton earned around £30k per year for club, and she would have been likely to be one of the top earners at the time. England players also get £25k a year if they have a national team contract (I don't know exactly how that works).

I'd expect it's risen since then but it still wouldn't be much (articles I could find from this year still quoted these same figures for Houghton so I'm guessing they just copied from that article rather than finding out). Nobbs and Little would probably be in the same sort of earning bracket here but most players would still be getting much less than that.
It's pretty straightforward. Much as the equality lobbyists may want it, it is impossible to pay female football players what the guys are getting because the money isn't there.

Crowds for women's games are low, which in turn means advertising, sponsorship, tv and commercial deals don't bring in much money. As Mr Kronkite would remind us football is a business and there is no way he (or any club owner) is going to fork out £100k a week of his own money to pay a female player just because the equality lobby thinks he should.

ptrcopp

It's pretty straightforward. Much as the equality lobbyists may want it, it is impossible to pay female football players what the guys are getting because the money isn't there.

Crowds for women's games are low, which in turn means advertising, sponsorship, tv and commercial deals don't bring in much money. As Mr Kronkite would remind us football is a business and there is no way he (or any club owner) is going to fork out £100k a week of his own money to pay a female player just because the equality lobby thinks he should.

And then you get stupid stunts like Lewes paying both teams the same wage making national news... when the men’s team are in Isthmian League.

For god sake, Yeovil women, who are in the same league as Arsenal, play at the Avenue Stadium. This is Dorchester Town’s stadium, so is over 20 miles from the town of Yeovil. This means in the men’s football pyramid it is tier 7 and in the women’s pyramid is tier one.

The single best way to increase audiences would be to get the game to a higher standard. Most GKs are atrocious; no team should be able to have the record the ladies do. I mean that Arsenal team is exceptional, but the lesser teams, like Yeovil and Lewes, just aren’t good enough to even compete against the really best.

The World Cup in 2015 showed there is an appetite to watch top quality women’s football. And the USA, England, France, Germany all showed what quality they have. That even meant EA put it in FIFA. This will happen again next year, and I definitely will be watching

Wasn't expecting the female to get as much payed as the our male players. Never said that. Just hope they are getting well payed. Arsenal are big club and big brand and they should of course think about how they can promote football for females too and good wages is a starting point. Because young girls dream just as much as young boys to become a pro footballers!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Wasn't expecting the female to get as much payed as the our male players. Never said that. Just hope they are getting well payed. Arsenal are big club and big brand and they should of course think about how they can promote football for females too and good wages is a starting point. Because young girls dream just as much as young boys to become a pro footballers!
Young boys dream of being top models but male top models get paid a lot less than female models. It's the market.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Big match in an half hour against City, second place.

They are unbeaten too, but with three draws.
A point would be very good, will be very difficult.

Top Bottom