• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Utd’s team could be ravaged by the bubonic plague and I’d still be certain we’d lose to them at OT. Doesn’t matter how much of a crisis they’re in, they could still do us. I can smell it.

However, if Emery can go there first time and do them, I’ll be a true disciple.

You're not a disciple already? I would have thought every single Arsenal fan was on board by now, no one could have asked for more than what we have achieved so far. The way he can change things at half time is amazing, they showed a table on MotD last night, changes made and the effect they have on the game. Emery was way ahead of any other manager in the PL. Great manager!

ptrcopp

Leno

Bellerin
Sokratis
Holding
Kolasinac

Torreira
Guendouzi
Ramsey

Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Laca did okay on the wing today, wouldn’t be opposed to seeing it again. Went for Mkhi in the hope that playing at OT would inspire him the way it did in this fixture last season. Even tough United are struggling they haven’t been that bad in the big games so this will be tough.

I thought it was a narrow 4121 diamond with Ramsey at the point of the midfield behind Auba and Laca.
Which is definitely something I wouldn’t mind seeing again, esp if Mustafi and Özil are out

Edit: forgot Xhaka was suspended

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Kola
Guen
Torreira - Ramsey
Özil (if he is alive)
Laca - Auba

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

HBL

Established Member
I thought it was a narrow 4121 diamond with Ramsey at the point of the midfield behind Auba and Laca.
Which is definitely something I wouldn’t mind seeing again, esp if Mustafi and Özil are out

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Kola
Xhaka
Torreira - Guen
Ramsey
Laca - Auba
Xhaka is suspended

ptrcopp

Xhaka is suspended

I realised that and was coming back to edit!
If Özil is alive then he can go into CAM with Torreira/ Guen at the base and Ramsey moves into midfield. If not, then it’s would have to be Mhiki.

Or a different formation

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

No matter how crap they are we always struggle up there. Remember Moyes was losing to every team and then Charity FC turn up and he gets a win. The time they beat us with a midfield of John ****ing O'shea and the da Silva twins.

Still fancy us to win though. Hope we don't humiliate them too much and they decide to sack Mourinho. As sweet as it would be for that to happen I'm enjoying the way he's got Man Utd heading and it's beautiful the way their spoilt fans are throwing toys out of the pram.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You're not a disciple already? I would have thought every single Arsenal fan was on board by now, no one could have asked for more than what we have achieved so far. The way he can change things at half time is amazing, they showed a table on MotD last night, changes made and the effect they have on the game. Emery was way ahead of any other manager in the PL. Great manager!

I like what he’s doing obviously but you can’t just be worshipping any old manager, he’s got to give you the fish and the wine. We’ve had the fish, now I’m waiting for the wine.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Even with all their injuries

DDG
Dalot Jones Smalling Shaw
Matic Fellaini Pogba
Martial Rashford Mata

is a decent team

Vantastico

I can see us winning this one convincingly if we step into the game with the confidence and mentality to batter them at Old Trafford. We are in tremendous form. They're in what, 7th place?

I can also picture it turn into a slugfest where the referee lets sh*ts like Young and Matic get away with murder and De Gea keeps them in the game long enough for Alexis to get subbed on and score a winner in the 95th minute even though extra time was only given to last 3 minutes.

In the latter case, I would probably stop watching football for a while. It'd be for my own good not to have to see Mourinho's face.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Even with all their injuries

DDG
Dalot Jones Smalling Shaw
Matic Fellaini Pogba
Martial Rashford Mata

is a decent team
Jones and Shaw are injured too. Pogba probably won’t play. Why do you have Mata and Martial on the wrong side?

TorontoGooner76

I can see us winning this one convincingly if we step into the game with the confidence and mentality to batter them at Old Trafford. We are in tremendous form. They're in what, 7th place?

I can also picture it turn into a slugfest where the referee lets sh*ts like Young and Matic get away with murder and De Gea keeps them in the game long enough for Alexis to get subbed on and score a winner in the 95th minute even though extra time was only given to last 3 minutes.

In the latter case, I would probably stop watching football for a while. It'd be for my own good not to have to see Mourinho's face.

Nothing to worry about! Ashley Young is suspended for this one (yellow cards, like Xhaka) and Alexis blew his hamstring in training last week and is out until at least Christmas I think Mourinho said .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like what he’s doing obviously but you can’t just be worshipping any old manager, he’s got to give you the fish and the wine. We’ve had the fish, now I’m waiting for the wine.
Emery doesn’t do miracles like fish and wine, his recipe is hard work, meticulous planning and attention to detail. ;)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Come on guys, chin up. They are genuinely a mid table team this season, and their position frankly flatters them a bit. Without Wenger's silly gung ho attacking, we'll not get picked off easy. Their only chance is through jammy set pieces IMO, long as we don't give them too many close free kicks and corners, we should win. Xhaka being out is a bit of a blessing in that regard. If de Gea goes super Saiyan then maybe we draw.

Come on now, Xhaka barely gives away stupid fouls now, he's basically cut those out of his game.

We're going to miss him big time

Look at those passing value added values for Granit along with his xG Chain / xG Buildup - he's a huge cog in this team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That was back when we had a manager who would play right into their hands. This iis a new chapter now. My only concern would be fatigue.
Fatigue is an issue but there's a lot of the same players who let us and Wenger down so many times. They did it vs Sp**s but turned it around but that was at home. I just hope Emery can get us a win and the players don't let him down.

Beast Incarnate

Moureen has done his usual 3rd year trick of losing the dressing room by constantly criticising and insulting his players.

We could really put on a show there if we're on it.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Don't think the current form from both clubs has much influence on the game on Wednesday.

United still can win against every team, they will be fully motivated in a big game.

Even a draw wouldn't be that bad, but it's our chance to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom