• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I can’t lie, the Boreham Wood performance had me a little bit concerned, but he’s been the type of player we’ve needed for years. A true old school defender who actually enjoys defending and is a warrior on the pitch.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Both him and Thor are today's MOTM for me.

Love it when he didn't hold back and gave a mouthful to Hudd's striker. Cashley used to do that week in week out and not many wanted to be at his end.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It wasn't unreasonable to question whether a 30 year old, who's not a great athlete to begin with, could adapt physically to the league.
It was. Bundesliga is a very physical league and Sokratis had been outstanding there for years. What is a great athlete to you? Because to me Sokratis is very much a great athlete. He may not look like it because he doesn’t shave his legs and looks like he just rolled out of bed but he can match almost any defender in the league for power, strenght and pace.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Think everyone is convinced now.

Loved him since his days in our Werder Dress and now he is showing the same for Arsenal.

You love him, when you have him as your player and hate him, when he is on the different side.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It was. Bundesliga is a very physical league and Sokratis had been outstanding there for years. What is a great athlete to you? Because to me Sokratis is very much a great athlete. He may not look like it because he doesn’t shave his legs and looks like he just rolled out of bed but he can match almost any defender in the league for power, strenght and pace.
Koscielny and Kompany in their primes, Virgil Van Dijk; those are what I consider great athletes.

LG10

He’s much better than I thought he’d be but he’ll eventually get punished for all the pulling/pushing he does

Preacher

Always Crying
DlS45XkXcAATVuc.jpg

This table didn't lie. I was suprised after I saw this image at the time. Forwards and speedy wingers are having trouble getting away from him. Sokratis is a legit athlete. It's tough to find player, who would have such speed and strength combination.

HBL

Established Member
I'm really not sure Torreira is that slow or that Holding is quicker than Özil & Welbeck.

Preacher

Always Crying
I'm really not sure Torreira is that slow or that Holding is quicker than Özil & Welbeck.
Torreira has very good acceleration, but his top speed is lacking. Having said that, Torreira doesn't need to have a quicker top speed, because he is a very good reader of the game and his positioning usually is top class.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Holding ran at 97% Danny at 92%. Makes Danny’s top speed 10.2 Holdings 9.7

Auba top speed 10.3 so just faster than Danny

Guendouzi would be one of the fastest if he actually tried :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Torreira has very good acceleration, but his top speed is lacking. Having said that, Torreira doesn't need to have a quicker top speed, because he is a very good reader of the game and his positioning usually is top class.
His gait reminds me a little of Roberto Carlos. Not the fastest over distance but so compact and powerful over the first few yards.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Papa is kind of the poster child for the new attitude at the club. He's been much much better than I thought he would be.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They got it right when they signed him. Excellent cb for the money, and he brings an attitude that we needed. Top man.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like his physicality and his old school aggressiveness when it comes to defending. I do feel like some refs might end up punishing him unfairly though knowing how happy they are to give decisions against us. Like the free-kick Son won from him last week, Sokratis likes the physical contact but a lot of forwards know if they go down then some refs will just automatically give the foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom