• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I honestly see us getting Cahill, not opposed to it as it'll be a short term solution and I think he will do well for us.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think we have center back covered enough, so it's at best a slight concern. For me, we need to get a winger. We need that dynamism in attack.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Do we really need a new CB with Kos/Nacho/Mavro coming back? We’ll just end up with a squaddie who we can’t get rid of later

Kos contract ends this summer, Nacho is the best LB we have in the squad, Mavro is totally unproven.

We are short at the back tbf

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Kos contract ends this summer, Nacho is the best LB we have in the squad, Mavro is totally unproven.

We are short at the back tbf
I meant this season ofc. If the only reason we’re looking to buy a CB is because Holding is injured then i rather we don’t buy anyone in the January window and wait for the summer to buy a quality CB instead of a stopgap CB.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Spend big on a quality cb that will be a starter or don't buy one in my opinion.

Yep. It's either a loan or a top CB imo. Don't think our transfer team are dumb enough to buy an average squad player who'll take up wages and space. I have been wrong before though so we shall see.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
We are not going to spend big on a CB, I'm sure, it's gonna be a unproven talent or a veteran a la Cahill/Benatia.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we have center back covered enough, so it's at best a slight concern. For me, we need to get a winger. We need that dynamism in attack.

In what universe have we got centre back covered? Mustafi is an erratic liability who’s currently injured, Kos is a fading force just come back from serious injury, Holding is out and Mavro is unproven and nowhere to be seen. Sokratis is our only vaguely reliable centre back and to be blunt he’s just a good value stop-gap option to prevent further chaos, he’s not a long-term solution.

Centre back is, as usual, our biggest concern.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
In what universe have we got centre back covered? Mustafi is an erratic liability who’s currently injured, Kos is a fading force just come back from serious injury, Holding is out and Mavro is unproven and nowhere to be seen. Sokratis is our only vaguely reliable centre back and to be blunt he’s just a good value stop-gap option to prevent further chaos, he’s not a long-term solution.

Centre back is, as usual, our biggest concern.
This one.

Monreal and Lichtsteiner can play there in a back three. Koscielny is back. Jenkinson can play there against the ****ty Europa teams. Mavropanos will be back soon. Emery seems to like Pleguezuelo enough.

I’m only looking at this as trying to finish the season. Winger concerns me more if we start talking long term. We haven’t had a decent winger in years.

Unpopular opinion but so it goes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A winger (well a wide player, I wouldn't really say winger because Emery tends to like his wide players to come inside a lot) is definitely a must need very soon, probably 2 in all honesty. We really should have signed one in the summer. It's an area we need to address, Unai will not be able to implement his style fully without effective wide players.

In reality we need to get all three areas sorted pretty soon, very unlikely in January but I sincerely hope by the end of next summer we won't be neglecting key areas.

TornadoTed

Established Member
As much as I would love a direct, pacy winger our goals for and against in the Premiership show we need an elite central defender more than a winger in my opinion. However I think both might have to wait until the summer as I don't think we have the money to pay 'over the odds' as that is what it usually takes to get top draw players in January.

Goals for - 35, 2nd for goals scored
Goals against - 20, 7th for goals conceded

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
As much as I would love a direct, pacy winger our goals for and against in the Premiership show we need an elite central defender more than a winger in my opinion. However I think both might have to wait until the summer as I don't think we have the money to pay 'over the odds' as that is what it usually takes to get top draw players in January.

Goals for - 35, 2nd for goals scored
Goals against - 20, 7th for goals conceded
Well we spent big on Auba last winter so it's doable. Maybe Stan's team in LA having a good season as well as our fast start will shake loose the pursestrings as he gets a taste of success and wants more.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I meant this season ofc. If the only reason we’re looking to buy a CB is because Holding is injured then i rather we don’t buy anyone in the January window and wait for the summer to buy a quality CB instead of a stopgap CB.
And what if in doing so we drop points due to not having sufficient cover at the back, miss out on a top 4 finish, fail to win the EL and are then staring down the barrel of another year without CL football? Does that not make the task of buying a true top class CB exponentially more difficult both in terms of spending power and attractiveness? A couple of million on reliable cover is nothing in the context of the bigger picture.

HBL

Established Member
Just imagine! I'll take the most unreliable of sources when it comes to De Light.

Ajax won't sell in January though and they're currently still in the champions league whilst we're in Europa, not to mention the fee and the fact that every big club in the world wants him. Other than that we have a strong chance of getting him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom