• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I know he got the goal but fvck me can Mkhitaryan ever control a simple 5 yard pass? Don't I've seen a player more loose in possession at Arsenal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Still trusting Emery to get this right. He’s obviously restricted with injuries and suspensions in defence. But there’s time to turn this round.

No panic.

Giroud12

The defence has been remarkably bad, but there are clearly extenuating circumstances. The attack however has no such excuses. Our goal was exactly what we should be doing from the flanks, we’ve just not been doing it enough.

Feels churlish to criticise when they both played a role in the goal, but once again Mkhi and Iwobi not good enough. It’s not that they’re disasters, they’re just so tepid. They’re treading water instead of dominating the game, they’ve been doing this for weeks now.

Disagree on Iwobi, been shockingly bad. Even Saka would be a better option

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Have never forgiven Koscielny for his attempt at a flick over Griezmann instead of just clearing it. I was happy when France won the world cup without him.

I have so much love for someone who can hold a grudge like that. I never forgave Kieran Gibbs for slipping on his arse in that Champions League game against Man Utd allowing Park to score.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I don't understand the point of 3 CBs on the pitch against a team who hoofs every ball to the lone striker, to be honest. What a strange tactic.
Lich and Kos never played together, lich is not a CB and Kos havent played proffesional football in a year.
We need to play 3 at the back.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We knew we would have a problem defensively for this game so why are so many behaving like this? Relax. We'll outscore them.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t think kos was at fault for the first goal. That was a perfect cross tbf
It was a good cross, yes, but any good defender with only one attacker to defend would have been close enough to the attacker to deal with things. Shocking defending, really.

nas7232

Better off playing some youngsters in this game that want to play attacking football. Too many defensive players out of position with players like mikhi and iwobi that cant keep possession

arsmile

Established Member
obviously we've got no CBs which costs us..

but why iwobi and mhki are playing with lacca, Özil and ramsey on the bench is why we have struggled to create

kolasinac has created most of our chances lately so I think we do miss him!

also pulling xhaka out of midfield to cover CB has ade it harder for us to control the game

why we go 3 at the back when we have no CBs is a bit strange...seems unnecessary

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Both goals were dealt with really poorly by Koscielny.
Lich can win the position of the defender in both situations, it was a communication issue, when one goes for the interception of the ball (kos) the other one goes with the man.
We have a keeper that, even when very tecnical, has an unorthodox aproach to aerial balls.
it is a complicated cocktail.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I arrived late to the game and saw that we're doing our usual vs Southampton. Their manger was blunt during the week and said they would go for it and try to get the crowd behind them. We shouldn't be surprised by this and it may be here that our unbeaten run ends if we don't up the tempo straight away. It's been 4 years since Ings scored two goals. I would have started Nacho at LCB. No choice but to play Kos really and he was simply out jumped twice. I also think Iwobi might have followed the man on the ball outside the area but he stopped and allowed a no pressure pass. I'm sick of Saints every Christmas/new year lately.

Jalal

I think it's such a game today, you can only lose it. Many injured players in the defense area, Koscielny without match practice and undermines the cross to 1:2. In addition, home debut of Hasenhüttl with Soton. I'm afraid that will not work today. Besides, we always have had a hard time in Soton...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom