• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Two managers seem to view him as not good enough to start regularly. Worrying for a man we splashed 50m on.

I can see us moving him on if there is interest in the summer, spend the money on a winger and play Auba in the middle. I like Laca but there are plenty of times when I'm not impressed with him too.

HBL

Established Member
He was starting regularly until he got injured and Emery definitely rates him as he wanted him at PSG. I'd even say we look better with Lacazette at striker than we do with Aubameyang 90% of the time, Lacazette gets in our strongest XI and it isn't even a debate imo. I just think Emery is over rotating at the minute.

progman07

Established Member
It's the result of awful squad planning that our two best attackers like to play in the same position, but we have to adapt to this situation and find a way to play Auba and Laca together in most games, until we find proper replacements to Özil-Ramsey-Iwobi-Mikhartian, because currently we do not really have goalscorers in the 1st team apart from the two top strikers.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Both Laca and Auba are great players. But we don't have the luxury of having to costly strikers at the same time. This may not be a popular opinion. But given a choice, I would sell Auba. Auba is good at taking runs and getting in to great positions. But you need the strength to push away the defenders and hold the ball if you need to be useful consistently in premier league. Auba scored lots of goals when Laca was on the pitch because Laca was doing the dirty work of pulling the defender by shirt and holding them which enabled Auba to make the runs.
If Auba is willing to develop his game as a winger, it would be really great. But if both want to play as strikers, one of them have to go and we need to buy a good winger for that money.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why exactly can't Lacazette and Aubameyang play together?

Last season they played together in 5 games, resulting in 4 wins and 1 loss(all those games were with weakened teams too as we were focusing on Europa). In those games:

Auba:
4 goals
3 assists

Laca:
5 goals
1 assist

So in 5 games they combined for 9 goals and 4 assists.

This season they've played together in 15 games resulting in 9 wins 3 losses 3 draws (2 of those losses were the first 2 games). In those games this is their stats:

Auba:
7 Goals
1 Assist

Laca:
3 Goals
3 assists

so 10 goals 4 assists in 15 games combined.
These stats are just from when both of them are on the pitch playing together .

If you only look at when they both started:

17/18 started together 3 times won 2 lost 1(newcastle weakened team).
18/19 started together 8 times won 5 draw 3 lost 0

The numbers show they are not a liability together, in fact we are better when both of them are on the pitch.. Subjectively I think we look more threathening when both of them are playing together too.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Two managers seem to view him as not good enough to start regularly. Worrying for a man we splashed 50m on.
Did you miss the part of the season when he started every game in the league and kept Auba out of the first 11 until he got injured?

Reactions: HBL

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Did you miss the part of the season when he started every game in the league and kept Auba out of the first 11 until he got injured?
Must have missed those starts against City, Chelsea and West Ham. And also when Lacazette eventually got into the starting XI Aubameyang started out wide in every game up until we played Fulham.

From 17 league games Lacazette has started 10 games on the bench for 6 and missed one. In those same 17 games Aubameyang has started 15 of them and been on the bench for two. So please tell me again who kept who out of the team?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Must have missed those starts against City, Chelsea and West Ham. And also when Lacazette eventually got into the starting XI Aubameyang started out wide in every game up until we played Fulham.

From 17 league games Lacazette has started 10 games on the bench for 6 and missed one. In those same 17 games Aubameyang has started 15 of them and been on the bench for two. So please tell me again who kept who out of the team?
Laca started in the league in a few games during October while Auba was used as a super sub and played in the cups/EL. That’s a part of the season so my point still stands. And more importantly, Laca has kept him out of the #9 position for a huge part of the season so I could easily flip your argument and say that two managers view Auba as not good enough to start regularly for us as a 9, which would be worrying for a 60m striker.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Laca started in the league in a few games during October while Auba was used as a super sub and played in the cups/EL. That’s a part of the season so my point still stands. And more importantly, Laca has kept him out of the #9 position for a huge part of the season so I could easily flip your argument and say that two managers view Auba as not good enough to start regularly for us as a 9, which would be worrying for a 60m striker.
You could say that but you'd still be wrong. In the most important games I.e. the league Aubameyang starts. Against City, United, Chelsea and Sp**s Aubameyang starts. the only big game Lacazette started was against Liverpool.

Personally I'd favour them both starting as it gives us a bigger goal threat but when it comes to it and it's one or the others Lacazette who misses out as shown by overall league starts and big game starts. Those are the facts I'm afraid.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You could say that but you'd still be wrong. In the most important games I.e. the league Aubameyang starts. Against City, United, Chelsea and Sp**s Aubameyang starts. the only big game Lacazette started was against Liverpool.

Personally I'd favour them both starting as it gives us a bigger goal threat but when it comes to it and it's one or the others Lacazette who misses out as shown by overall league starts and big game starts. Those are the facts I'm afraid.
Both of them have at some point kept the other out of the team for whatever reason. We're lucky we have this conundrum.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Both of them have at some point kept the other out of the team for whatever reason. We're lucky we have this conundrum.
Thats not really true. When Lacazette starts nine times out of ten Aubameyang also starts. When Aubameyang starts through the middle Lacazette doesn't.

Ideally we play both from the start but that doesn't seem to be the preferred choice of the managers. And going into last season Lacazette rarely lasted the 90. Could be a coincidence or not. I don't think it is. Emery feels he needs Aubameyang on the pitch regardless of position. And as both were bought as highly expensive forwards that is worrying as both are versatile enough to be accommodated in the starting XI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom