• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
VVD class was already known for a long time and that's why clubs like City, Chelsea and Liverpool were interested.

I highly doubt, that he would have joined Liverpool without CL.

Then why did it take 3 years at Celtic and 4 years at Southampton before a top club went in for him? Both are clubs where all top English clubs have full knowledge about.
Your analysis doesn't make sense.

Alkane

How much do people reckon we'd be able to get for Mustafi and Mkitaryan? Who would be willing to pay their high wages?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This is why I wanted to get Allegri - to overcome that hurdle. That being said, we are still by far the biggest club in London, which is one of the top cities in the world, with a huge global fan base.

We still are a very attractive proposition. If the numbers are right we can still attract top quality.

We best make use of the fact we have people with actual knowledge in football at the helm, unlike United.

But as you said, we really need to dip into the so called "Reserve" and reinvest on the squad lest we full transition from a football club to a banter club.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I've wanted to believe that Özil missing games has been purely down to injuries too, but I think it's clear that there's something more going on. It looks like essentially he's fallen out of favour with the coach. i mean, why would you leave him out of any game or sub him for "tactical" reasons???

Well Özil was already missing games down to weird injuries or the flue last year.

It's not like it's something new.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
To be fair to Emery, in the big games thus far there's been a noticeable improvement to our overall competitiveness.

Didn't we go something like 3 seasons without scoring a goal at Stamford Bridge? We looked dangerous against City at home, we smashed Sp**s, was disappointed not to beat Liverpool at home and even today looked like we could make things happen once we got into advanced areas until we pressed the self destruct button.

There hasn't really.

All those games you mention were very similar to last season.

Gooner_girl14

Well Özil was already missing games down to weird injuries or the flue last year.

It's not like it's something new.

It's not so much the strange injuries (and the flu can be very debilitating), but that he's openly said he has been left out of the team for "tactical" reasons. Left out vs Sp**s in the league cup, and was subbed last week against Brighton too for the same reason.

HBL

Established Member
Torreira was the worst player on the pitch.

Basically put Liverpool ahead 2-1 on his own.
I thought Sokratis and Ramsey were quite comfortably the worst players on the pitch, Torreira was poor though. Iwobi, AMN and Xhaka probably the only players that put in respectable performances.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well I think a lot of us probably saw that coming. Big, big test for Emery over the next few games now. Have to rebound strongly or we'll be passed by Utd at this rate.

United will be coming on strong now, they have a fairly easy set of games before Sp**s as well.

Solskjaer maybe inexperienced, but you should not underestimate what a change of mentality and positivity can do to a squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom