• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Might be skewed due to recent memory but this last few weeks genuinely feels like the worst defence we’ve ever had.

3 of our first choice 4 out but still...

4/6 of the defensive players that started yesterday was bought this summer to fix our defensive issues too in what a lot of people were saying was amazing recruitment. That does not fill me with confidence. I’ll be honest, I only rate Torreira out of all our new signings. Getting seriously linked to the likes of Cahill and Banega now too smh, hopefully this is not the type of signings we can expect. We need to go after younger players in their early 20’s.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
4/6 of the defensive players that started yesterday was bought this summer to fix our defensive issues too in what a lot of people were saying was amazing recruitment. That does not fill me with confidence. I’ll be honest, I only rate Torreira out of all our new signings. Getting seriously linked to the likes of Cahill and Banega now too smh, hopefully this is not the type of signings we can expect. We need to go after younger players in their early 20’s.

Most of us knew going into our new season with only Sokratis as a new signing was nothing short of a disaster.

We were a team last year that couldn't defend AND we've lost our best CB in years in a terrible injury (Koscielny).
And most of us were saying there was a huge chance Koscielny was finished after his injury.
Lichsteiner has been the only "bust" we've brought this summer.

Going into the season with the same group of players than last years who were already terrible and adding only Sokratis to replace our longest serving CB...

It was suicidal.
We were very fortunate Holding was much much better than expected (he was so bad last year) and hide the fact we were very short at the back.
Now he got injured, everything is starting to fall off.

Once again the club has been cheap and hasn't done fully its job in the summer.

Go back 6 months ago and ask yourself if going into a season with Sokratis (coming into a new league), Mustafi & Holding (coming both from a terrible season), Mavropanos was really enough to compete for top 4.

Furthermore Nacho has been mostly injured this season, one of our best and most consistent defensive player.

Ornstein has been reporting we've only had a £50/70M budget last summer.
This is where the problem lies imo.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Once again the club has been cheap and hasn't done fully its job in the summer.

Yeah agreed, most of these summer signings except Torreira and Guendouzi were stop gaps at best.. Emery should have gotten Torreira, a quality cb and a quality winger or even a winger with potential.. 3 great signings would have been much better and then you find internal solutions if we are a bit short elsewhere.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Furthermore Nacho has been mostly injured this season, one of our best and most consistent defensive player.

Nacho has been mediocre for years

Should never been more than a squadie

Kola is a huge upgrade

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I honestly still believe the defence can improve markedly if coaching staff take them away from the main group and drill them .

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Huge upgrade how?

Kola is a **** passer, average on the ball and useless in the first phases of the build up. Only good when he has to put in a delivery.

He is a beast

We have been small weak and technical for years wtf did that give us?

If The organisation is sorted out he will shine even more

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He is a beast

We have been small weak and technical for years wtf did that give us?

If The organisation is sorted out he will shine even more

He's a beast? That settles it then.:lol:

Kolasinac is only a beast when there's a fight going, but when it comes to football there's rarely anything good coming out of him being a beast. Doesn't win duels at all, nor tackles, nothing.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
If monreal was so Great Why did he never establish himself in The nt

Why did no other club ever Come sniffing around?
All our good players left so Why not him?
Oh God, you're the guy who blamed Monreal for that goal when Mustafi gave the ball away against at United, aren't you? Never mind.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Man shut the hell up. You shouldn't need to be told you're ****ing up for some of the **** he pulled.

37OB-fypikwt4288554.gif

This clown stays pointing and moaning as he trys to shift the blame of his ****ness on the pitch, so I'm not surprised by this nonsense response.

What I see in that clip is Monreal who is Lazy and doesn't present himself so mustafi had someone to pass

And then make a weaksauce attempt to win the ball

Monreal in a nutshell

Could be poor communication to, others not telling him that he got someone on his back

THIS IS HIS PREVIOUS! KNEW I RECOGNISED HIM LMAO! He WAS DEFENDING MUSTAFI FOR THAT

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Kolasinac isn't even close to Nacho this isn't even a debate. :lol:

Nacho has been our most consistent player for the past 3/4 seasons and our best defensive player alongside koscielny.

Kolasinac is just an injury & error prone player who can't even defend.
The only thing that saves him is his offensive contribution.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Kolasinac isn't even close to Nacho this isn't even a debate. :lol:

Nacho has been our most consistent player for the past 3/4 seasons and our best defensive player alongside koscielny.

Kolasinac is just an injury & error prone player who can't even defend.
The only thing that saves him is his offensive contribution.

Nacho in his peak is way better.I don't rate him for a while now.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Right but for one small but telling point: you are only in a superior position financially if you are prepared to spend more, we are not. Arsenal has more non-football assets than Sp**s but it will not use them. At some point Sp**s are going to get huge money for Kane and more. If they use it sensibly, like Liverpool did all that Suarez and Coutinho money, they will outspend us comfortably.

The bolded part is partly what I was referring to when I said we need to start doing the right things as a club.

As for Sp**s getting money for sales, it's not quite as simple as that. First of all, they've got the stadium debt to consider. Sure, the TV money and the inflated player market helps with that, as does the stadium naming rights, but the market is heavily inflated on the incoming players as well. In fact, the TV money has specifically inflated the market for English teams buying players. And while Sp**s may get lot of new young fans with the hype, fans that come quickly, go quickly as well if the hype stops which might happen if they start selling their best players and can't replace them. And it will not be easy for to replace Kane, Alli, Son and Eriksen etc. even with money, especially if they are not willing to break their rigid wage structure. And if they do break it, one wage increase will lead to another and suddenly your whole cost structure is different.

Sp**s have certainly put themselves in a good position but they have lot of challenges ahead of 'em as well. Currently they are keeping top crop of players together cause the players buy the hype. Hypes come and go, especially if they don't win anything big and doesn't lok like they will anytime soon. They can't keep the kind of quality they now have that cheaply long term. The only thing really that I envy about them is that they have an owner who cares about the club, while we have a cartoonish redneck billionaire who's mainly interested in squeezing money out of the club through shady consulting fees in order to fund his moronic lion hunting fetish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom