• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Transfermarkt has him down as a central midfielder, what actually is he?

Emery used him left and right wing for Seville, that's what I read in a recent Emery interview. When you look at our current options, Suarez has to be considered an upgrade on what we have.

Vanfrothan

I know he's not the direct winger we were hoping for but from the standard youtube videos I've seen, he looks pretty quick to me. Particularly good acceleration to get away from his man.

Quicker than Iwobi from what I've seen, albeit from limited clips.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery wants a CB, winger and B2B midfielder? Surely the first two would be a priority, there’s enough midfielders + young players in that position to get by until the summer.

He also he doesn't really play with a B2B midfielder.

And “making it clear they don’t want to sell him this month”. He has played about 200 minutes all season :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Looks a tidy player, although if he is expected to play on the wing I'd prefer someone with more output when it comes to goals or assists.

Ditto. However, if we can somehow get Laca and Auba both starting, we will be less reliant on midfielders for goals.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If this is the sort of player we're buying then we need to invest in some full-backs who, along with Bellerin & Kolasinac, can bomb forward for 50-60 games a season.

Stannis

Transfermarkt has him down as a central midfielder, what actually is he?

Emery has said he wants a winger and cb. He also said Suárez played for him on the wings

Putting that together I reckon he is coming in primarily as a winger

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We need more midfield possession. I think he will help us if we bring as the ball seems to stick to his feet. Mhki and Özil constantly lose the ball. Only Iwobi can dribble for us where it doesn't look like he will constantly lose it.

I think we've low balled Barca, which is why they are getting pissed.
Tell them 20 million based on performances, but 14 million now.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We need more midfield possession. I think he will help us if we bring as the ball seems to stick to his feet. Mhki and Özil constantly lose the ball. Only Iwobi can dribble for us where it doesn't look like he will constantly lose it.

I think we've low balled Barca, which is why they are getting pissed.
Tell them 20 million based on performances, but 14 million now.

**** them they were low balling us for ages, they probably still owe us Cesc money.

20 million seems a bit steep for a player who barely gets a sniff at first team.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

**** them they were low balling us for ages, they probably still owe us Cesc money.

20 million seems a bit steep for a player who barely gets a sniff at first team.
Really in a world where solanke goes for 19m??!!

scytheavatar

Established Member
Emery used him left and right wing for Seville, that's what I read in a recent Emery interview. When you look at our current options, Suarez has to be considered an upgrade on what we have.

How is he an upgrade? He is less consistent than Iwobi and more frustrating/wasteful. Plus have less workrate. Everything about him screams Everton quality at best.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Really in a world where solanke goes for 19m??!!

Solanke is 21 years old, won the golden ball at the under 20 world cup where he also helped England win by scoring 4 goals. Suarez is 25 years old and is basically what Iwobi would be if he doesn't improve at all for the next 2 seasons. Difference in potential is immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom