• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,773
  • Views 1,156,486

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Outside of Reiss Nelson, I'm most excited by Xavier Amaechi in our academy. Think he can be a genuine first team player. Explosive and can finish.
Me too. He has the most upside IMO and he potentially fills a need for this team. He's stupid fast, an excellent dribbler and more importantly he has a final ball. During the U17 Euro tournament this year, he put so many chances on a plate for his teammates. The first 90 minutes I watched of Amaechi was against Liverpool U23s last season - he created at least 5 big chances in that match. And he has a good eye for goal aswell - not quite as much as Nelson does but as the above video shows, he can finish.

Isn't it funny that we mainly have AMs as wingers in the first team, yet the prominent wide players at youth level are Saka, Amaechi and Nelson (who's kinda AM-like at times). All quick dribblers with goalscoring instincts who are more than comfortable out wide. I think Nelson is probably the better scorer of the trio, Amaechi marginally better at dribbling and is faster, and Saka seems to be a mix of the two.

Amaechi's development is one I am curious to see play out.

Him and ESR.
Smith-Rowe is a lay-up in this squad IMO. He is a player Emery will get a lot of mileage out of because he has the endeavor and stamina to go with his technique. Also a goal threat himself. If we're smart about how we develop this batch, we're definitely in business IMO. We have to loan some of these guys smartly.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Me too. He has the most upside IMO and he potentially fills a need for this team. He's stupid fast, an excellent dribbler and more importantly he has a final ball. During the U17 Euro tournament this year, he put so many chances on a plate for his teammates. The first 90 minutes I watched of Amaechi was against Liverpool U23s last season - he created at least 5 big chances in that match. And he has a good eye for goal aswell - not quite as much as Nelson does but as the above video shows, he can finish.

Isn't it funny that we mainly have AMs as wingers in the first team, yet the prominent wide players at youth level are Saka, Amaechi and Nelson (who's kinda AM-like at times). All quick dribblers with goalscoring instincts who are more than comfortable out wide. I think Nelson is probably the better scorer of the trio, Amaechi marginally better at dribbling and is faster, and Saka seems to be a mix of the two.

Amaechi's development is one I am curious to see play out.

Smith-Rowe is a lay-up in this squad IMO. He is a player Emery will get a lot of mileage out of because he has the endeavor and stamina to go with his technique. Also a goal threat himself. If we're smart about how we develop this batch, we're definitely in business IMO. We have to loan some of these guys smartly.

How tall is Amaechi?

BobP

Memri Fan

Bielik is a class above this league. Astounded to discover today he’s only just turned 21, he looks the senior pro out there and was everywhere today

Bielik only 21? Bloody hell what a player he will be.

Bielik is the best footballer at the club, followed by Cullen and Taylor

Bielik does sometimes give the ball away, maybe lack of concentration or perhaps different wave length. But He is by far and away the best footballer at the club.

Bielik is an extraordinary young talent: winning aerial balls under pressure and nodding them away to the exact space for a team-mate to receive, clear, and advance. Bielik is always looking forward, from defence to attack.

From a Charlton forum.

Only really comes in for criticism when he plays in midfield.

HBL

Established Member
Sounds encouraging, Poland fans still rate him very highly.

Isn't he out of contract this summer though?

BobP

Memri Fan
Sounds encouraging, Poland fans still rate him very highly.

Isn't he out of contract this summer though?

You're right.

I'd keep him, he stood out in the Championship with Birmingham when he was 18/19. Also, Holding was the same age as Bielik is now when we signed him from Bolton, who were the worst team in the Championship.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Bielik never quite got the credit he deserved. He was fantastic at Birmingham and has kept it up for Charlton. He's a good defender, good on the ball, I reckon he's Prem quality. Hopefully he stays on, it'd be a shame to lose him on a free.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It'll be interesting to see how we manage Amaechi given how Saka's just been given first-team opportunities, Smith-Rowe is coming back from injury, and Nelson will be coming back from his loan this summer. It'll be a challenge to give them all gametime.

Keplaz

I've seen him play at Charlton a few times and he's quality. He used to try and run with the ball a lot but he's ironing that out of his game. He never panics and he has a pass on him.

Every time I see him there I've been impressed. He's clearly not a league 1 player. Only issue is fitness, he's rarely played consistently for Charlton until recently. Hope he stays fit.

It'll be interesting to see how we manage Amaechi given how Saka's just been given first-team opportunities, Smith-Rowe is coming back from injury, and Nelson will be coming back from his loan this summer. It'll be a challenge to give them all gametime.

Not to mention we are trying to sign Denise Suarez. Such a shame because the window were he could have got chance to impress was when he was injured. But like with most our talents coming through at the moment his talent is obvious and he will get his chance in the end IMO!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I agree. That type of competition I would welcome - I think they'd all push each other if given a platform to succeed. The exciting element is that they're all quite different players to each other. I'd say Saka and Amaechi are probably the most similar to each other but Saka has the advantage of being versatile - I still think he'd make a top class full back if they wanted to make him a left back.

Amaechi's bane is that his injury came at the worst time. But he has elements to his game that if brought to the first team level, he can easily stake a claim. He's the quickest player at the club bar one; he dribbles at pace; he creates good chances very easily and at high volume; he's very good at playing the reverse pass to the overlapping fullback that Emery wants them to play; he's a goal threat.

I'd like to see a lineup with Saka at LB, and Nelson LW with Amaechi RW and Bellerin behind him. Pace heavy, blend of technique and movement, and goal threats. Kola is basically a winger at LB, Saka could do what he does IMO.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m going to watch Shrewsbury vs Charlton tomorrow so will defos be keen to see how Bielik does.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’m going to watch Shrewsbury vs Charlton tomorrow so will defos be keen to see how Bielik does.
Mavropanos and Bielik partnership would be interesting. Mavro-Medley too. All 3 are big f*cks who are good on the ball and physically strong. Have seen a bit of Mavro-Medley already for U23 and they weren't perfect but nothing beat them in the air.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mavropanos and Bielik partnership would be interesting. Mavro-Medley too. All 3 are big f*cks who are good on the ball and physically strong. Have seen a bit of Mavro-Medley already for U23 and they weren't perfect but nothing beat them in the air.

I’d like to see Mavro get more games between now and the summer so we can see where we stand with him.

I’m worried Bielik will be let go end of the year but he’s clearly doing well and if we clear some of our current underperforming squad out there may be a place for him.

Lot of young defenders on our books at the minute. Hope we can bring some of them through to full time starters.

What’s happened to Ben Sheaf btw? Lot of hype about him this time last year.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not to mention we are trying to sign Denise Suarez. Such a shame because the window were he could have got chance to impress was when he was injured. But like with most our talents coming through at the moment his talent is obvious and he will get his chance in the end IMO!
The more cheerleaders for the dressing room the better.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’d like to see Mavro get more games between now and the summer so we can see where we stand with him.

I’m worried Bielik will be let go end of the year but he’s clearly doing well and if we clear some of our current underperforming squad out there may be a place for him.

Lot of young defenders on our books at the minute. Hope we can bring some of them through to full time starters.

What’s happened to Ben Sheaf btw? Lot of hype about him this time last year.
Yeah, we only got a taste of what he could be last season - had he not got sent off so stupidly at Leicester City we could have seen more. I'm keen to see more of what he can offer, we need more athleticism back there.

Bielik's numbers (League One, but still) are impressive enough that he deserves a look-in. He's comfortable technically and he can defend. He's a lay-up. We should definitely be looking to shift at least 2 of our senior defenders this season and rebooting that defense with some of our younger defenders who have more physical potential and more susceptible to coaching.

RE Ben Sheaf - Injuries happened sadly. Has lost a lot of momentum. Only just come back into the U23 fold where he's already done what he needed to do in terms of building a rep. He may go back on loan but difficult to see where he'll play regularly and if they'll be CB minutes - such is his technical level that he'll likely play CM at most of the EFL teams they send him to. Sad really, he's one of our more underrated talents but injuries really slowed down his progress over the last 12 months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom