• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Gazidis bought Stat DNA from the US and convinced Wenger and the board that it would enhance us, even though it identified Gabriel as decent CB.
I do disagree on your assessment of Gabriel. He was a decent CB. I'd still rather him than Mustafi

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Dwl9NFhX4AIT1xM.jpg

Ivan The Baldy, Incorporated.
The Mustafi part hurt.

#whysmandoingthis

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
So Wenger was right all this time as well. Gazidis told us we could buy anyone apart from Messi and Ronaldo. And Wenger got criticized when we didn't.

Bald ****.

Tony's nose

Even if we bought down our wage bill would it then been freed up for transfers ??
I am not so sure it would all be available maybe half but not all.

I assume Arsensl are now under the umbrella of KSE . If we are then with the loan to buy Arsenal and the even bigger loan to build the LA stadium can't be good for us to be under KSE.

For me personally it feels like the beginning of the end . One of the largest clubs in the world being ran like Fulham being compared to the Leicester model . The more I read on here the more I think this club is to big for Kroenke , a billionaire rich buy assets and loans but not cash rich to run one of the world's biggest clubs all imho of course.

This summer will probably be 70 million plus any sales we make for transfers. I hope I'm wrong but really feel I'm right ....groundhog day until the regime is gone or changes.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Hard to see where big money will come in from transfers unless there is a surprise (unwanted) sale like one of the strikers or Bellerin. Ramsey and Welbeck will walk for nothing. Özil and Mkhitaryan - if either leaves - are on such wages that it would affect their sale value very seriously.

As for the rest? Mustafi? Xhaka? A replacement for the latter would likely wipe out any fee.

The likes of Koscielny, Lichtsteiner, Monreal are too old to bring in much dosh. The emerging young players are too unproven to bring in more than a few million quid and I'll add Chambers to that list. Won't get offered £20 million again unless he has a great second half to the season or there is a "Brexit bonus".

In short, if these loan rumours are true and they are a prelude to purchases that may well be it for the summer apart from a free transfer or two. They will be like new signings.

ptrcopp

It takes a few seasons to build a squad but they are catching us fast.

CIES squad cost figures 2018/19
Arsenal €428m
Everton €385m

And that’s the cost of one player. It would be interesting to see the cost of the most played 15 players though. I think it would be closer.

Overall it shows that we are getting value for money with our purchases, but I think it shows a lack of ambition in comparison to what we all want

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And that’s the cost of one player. It would be interesting to see the cost of the most played 15 players though. I think it would be closer.

Overall it shows that we are getting value for money with our purchases, but I think it shows a lack of ambition in comparison to what we all want
The CIES squad cost figures are the 25 named players. The most played 15 would be interesting to see.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Dwl9NFhX4AIT1xM.jpg

Ivan The Baldy, Incorporated.

Stuff like this isn’t well thought through at all it’s all one side of a very complex equation

Özil “costs” 350kpw except that amount is in part due to his commercial value and part due to what he provides to the team (as well as part poor contract management). That post suggests it’s ALL the latter. It’s not

Just like the rest. It’s implication in a lot of these costs is that the alternative was taking the money and doing nothing. A lot of that money it’s “cost us” would have been spent on other players.

No doubt the club has made financial mistakes but if you want to start quantifying them then do it like an adult not a child.

ptrcopp

Stuff like this isn’t well thought through at all it’s all one side of a very complex equation

Özil “costs” 350kpw except that amount is in part due to his commercial value and part due to what he provides to the team (as well as part poor contract management). That post suggests it’s ALL the latter. It’s not

Just like the rest. It’s implication in a lot of these costs is that the alternative was taking the money and doing nothing. A lot of that money it’s “cost us” would have been spent on other players.

No doubt the club has made financial mistakes but if you want to start quantifying them then do it like an adult not a child.

It is one side of an argument but you don’t need to bring something as controversial as Ozils commercial value.

Just have to look at the Sanchez one. In the equation Mhki is worth nothing.

Or Debuchy... who knew he would get two consecutive serious injuries.

I’m all for slagging off the bad **** the club has done but there needs to be a seriousness to the conversation.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

It is one side of an argument but you don’t need to bring something as controversial as Ozils commercial value.

Just have to look at the Sanchez one. In the equation Mhki is worth nothing.

Or Debuchy... who knew he would get two consecutive serious injuries.

I’m all for slagging off the bad **** the club has done but there needs to be a seriousness to the conversation.

Özil commercial value is controversial? Perhaps but surely everyone agrees he has more than none?

You’re right though. There’s little nuance when people post about finances. Mostly because of over sinplistic view of it all. I’m by no means knowledgable but at least I know what I don’t know

ptrcopp

Özil commercial value is controversial? Perhaps but surely everyone agrees he has more than none?

You’re right though. There’s little nuance when people post about finances. Mostly because of over sinplistic view of it all. I’m by no means knowledgable but at least I know what I don’t know

Controversial because it has flames up sections of this forum!

ChefMan21

If we're sitting on approx £160m in cash (incl. cash equivalents) after allocation of debt reserves, that would seem to me to be quite a saving for something large. I'd happily set aside £110m of that for a mixed stadium expansion/academy improvement package, rather than for new players to be honest.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Top Bottom