• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Lacazette
Aubameyang - Özil - Pepe
Would be a filthy front four if Özil starts to show some consistency again.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lacazette
Aubameyang - Özil - Pepe
Would be a filthy front four if Özil starts to show some consistency again.

We've had 3 of these players and Mkhitaryn since last January. On paper, it should have been the most fearsome attack in the league - it hasn't been.

Pepe looks interesting, very risky though. He isn't an Essien, Hazard or Lacazette coming out of the French league.

P.S. We can't swap Ramsey for Benatia, without bringing a midfielder in, as we're light.

pikey2000

We're not light on midfielders, we have Xhaka, douzi, Torreira, AMN, Willock and Elneny at a push, thats 6 players for two positions, besides which Ramsey spent most of his time at AM this season and we have Özil/Mhki and Iwobi capable of covering those spots.

I'd say the only position we are genuinely light on numbers is wingers on either side, every other position has two players viable for its position.

Axel_Gunner

I'd say the only position we are genuinely light on numbers is wingers on either side, every other position has two players viable for its position.

I totally agree.
And before all that ramsey and suarez talks before the transfer window i think the most people here agreed too.
Wasnt there a poll here that showed most of us wanted a winger (lack of players) or/and a defender (lack of talent in squad) ?

Leeroy1979

We're not light on midfielders, we have Xhaka, douzi, Torreira, AMN, Willock and Elneny at a push, thats 6 players for two positions, besides which Ramsey spent most of his time at AM this season and we have Özil/Mhki and Iwobi capable of covering those spots.

Given the way we have defended I don't think we have that in our cb stable

IchirotoV2

We've had 3 of these players and Mkhitaryn since last January. On paper, it should have been the most fearsome attack in the league - it hasn't been.

Pepe looks interesting, very risky though. He isn't an Essien, Hazard or Lacazette coming out of the French league.

P.S. We can't swap Ramsey for Benatia, without bringing a midfielder in, as we're light.
How many times have we seen that lineup? How many matches consecutively?

LeafsBro

Maybe we could loan a manager.
The manager is fine, we need more quality. And I really don’t rate Ramsey that high but we needed the old management to have signed him much earlier so that we could recoup some funds for him if needed. We need there to be money for transfers to improve the squad, and then do so in a calculated and methodical way. Unai needs some more transfer windows and squad turnover to be properly judged. People seem to forget how well we were playing until recently. And I’m not an Emery apologist. Just give the man some time.

Leeroy1979

The manager is fine, we need more quality. And I really don’t rate Ramsey that high but we needed the old management to have signed him much earlier so that we could recoup some funds for him if needed. We need there to be money for transfers to improve the squad, and then do so in a calculated and methodical way. Unai needs some more transfer windows and squad turnover to be properly judged. People seem to forget how well we were playing until recently. And I’m not an Emery apologist. Just give the man some time.
Agree with all your points except Ramsey. I think he's a really good player, not world class, but quality I think we will miss if not replaced properly

LeafsBro

Agree with all your points except Ramsey. I think he's a really good player, not world class, but quality I think we will miss if not replaced properly
Ramsey is one of the best at making those late runs into the box and when he’s on, he can be a very influential player. Can’t dispute the value he gives to a team but I see him as more of a finishing piece, not a necessary one. I’m sure Juve will be happy with him tho no doubt. I’m hoping that we can bring Suarez in cause I think he’s an underrated talent.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Pepe is a massive talent. I would argue that if he is not at the Hazard level at the same age, he is not that far behind.
At this stage, he is being targeted by bigger clubs than Arsenal and we can forget about him. They are talking about a fee between 75 and 80M for him this summer.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I find it funny that people think he is amazing. Watched him quite a bit this season. He is so frustrating and lazy. He is basically Iwobi with goals and his numbers are making it appear like he is better than he is. Wouldn't go near him.

I can safely assume we have not seen the same Pepe. Comparing him to Iwobi is a bad joke.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Chelsea hasn't heard apparently.
Pulisic is the only player they've purchased, and he's not to join them until the Summer. Plenty of time for them to work on squad registration issues. Now, if they actually sell Hudson-Odoi and add Higuain during this window, then what you're saying is more valid. But those have only been rumors so far.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Except for maybe torreira none are Good enough to be the core of our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom