• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Iwobi deserves to be in our starting line-up this season. My only concern is having him in the forward line. As a cm he could be a broke man's Iniesta - that's good enough for us at the moment.

Reactions: Jae

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Have to go to bat for Iwobi - he's been good the last few games or so. He had a little dip after a great start to the season but his performances have picked up. I don't expect him to be a primary threat but he's more than held his own as a secondary one. I do wish he had more end product, he just gets the jitters when he has to do anything at the business end of the move, but I feel his progressive play is the best thing we have to look forward to in those wing positions. Nobody else is bringing the pain.

I want to see him succeed, and build upon his performances. Does he have it in him?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He definitely does have it in him. I can see why the coaches like him alot. His mental strength is incredible. Despite the criticism he gets from his own fans on social media, and during the games, he still gives 100% and never gives up or hides. He has shown consistent performances over the last 3 games now and he will improve his finishing and assist creation over time. I think it's telling that he seems to be the only creative influence we have had in the last few games and is showing that he is becoming a very influential player.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Have to go to bat for Iwobi - he's been good the last few games or so. He had a little dip after a great start to the season but his performances have picked up. I don't expect him to be a primary threat but he's more than held his own as a secondary one. I do wish he had more end product, he just gets the jitters when he has to do anything at the business end of the move, but I feel his progressive play is the best thing we have to look forward to in those wing positions. Nobody else is bringing the pain.

I want to see him succeed, and build upon his performances. Does he have it in him?

Actually think he played extremely well , he's a guy that links play and makes the team function better , play him in a better technical attack he would be appreciated more .

However if he's expected to be the main driving force it's just not going to work not for awhile .

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Incredibly inconsistent player. Played well for the most part but his decision making never fails to amaze me, he shoots when he should cross/pass and when he should cross it, he just freezes and doesn't do anything. Left cm in a diamond formation could be a position to try him if we decide to persist with the formation.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Bring back Gervinho and move this guy to a different position.

Seriously, he's much better player when he plays in midfield area, as soon as he's close to their box he goes in idiot mode.

Reactions: Jae

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
His decision making is just disgusting at this point.

Not his fault tho, given too much responsibility. Get back to basics and keep it simple.

ksarp

His decision making is just disgusting at this point.

Not his fault tho, given too much responsibility. Get back to basics and keep it simple.

For a player that was raised in an academy environment, it's really baffling. It's more like he was picked off the street.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Feel people are being a bit unfair with Iwobi. He was actually very good, particularly at driving us forward - it's just that worrying lack of decisiveness in the final 3rd that really lets him down.

Thats true but also has been said for ages now so Ive lost patience with that end product. Perhaps not the right position for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom