• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What’s your favourite Arsenal match?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Most of the ones I was thinking of has been posted, especially the Barca and Boro comeback.. To add a few that hasn't been mentioned yet:

2-0 down with 10 men and we still come back to win..

Went mental when Cesc scored that goal..

My alltime favourite player scores on his comeback.. Everyone was so hyped that day lol.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

April 25 2004. The draw that saw us win the title at the lane. The idiots were mad with joy when Robbie Keane converted the penalty celebrating as if they won a cup final, which to be fair to them was about as close as they'd get to one for a while :lol:

When the full time whistle came it finally dawned on them that we won the title at their putrid little ground yet again.

Sweetest draw I have ever witnessed :D

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The Kanu Hatrick at the bridge and the comeback against Pool at Highbury no contest imo

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

2014 FA Cup final a close second.

Love this match (as much as any victory against the spuds). The match I saw on TV had Martin Tyler. I especially loved his commentary after Walcott's second (our 5th).

"Tottenham don't know what's him but I can tell you its THEO WALCOTT!!" Love his enthusiasm :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
4-1 Bayer Leverkusen in 01/02. 2 up in 10 minutes against a team that reached thee final, a devastating counter attack and Bergkamp drag back followed by chip. Even their goal by Sebescen, sp, was a screamer. Great game by the best team in football history. That season was outrageously good. I knew it at the time and it looks better with time and El Xhakaball.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I was there.

Was actually surprisingly fun. Just a lot of amazing fans singing their hearts out for a team which was getting massacred. Never been prouder of our fanbase.
Twas the making of Jenkinson.. Only a true great could survive losing 8-2 on his debut and being sent off and still be at the club 8 years later:lol:

:mad:

:eek:

o_O

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Definitely the 2-1 win vs Barcelona. We literally went toe to toe with the best side on the planet (many argue the greatest ever club side) and ended up with the win on the night. That Barca side looked untouchable yet Wilshere was arguably the best performer on the night from both sides. And of course the winning goals was absolutely exceptional, mainly because the quickness of the break managed to avoid the classic Guardiola tactical foul to stop the transition.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The obvious ones have been said

My suggestions

The Juve game was it 06?

And The Bayern games we won before we started to be humiliated

Also gotta say The finale we so deserved that win, we didnt lose vs barca we lost vs ghod
It was a Great game narrativly but the loss sucked I cried and in sheer frekkin cockiness I immidiatly put in a bet that we would win Next year, way to big bet for my then current student ass :p

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
4-1 Bayer Leverkusen in 01/02. 2 up in 10 minutes against a team that reached thee final, a devastating counter attack and Bergkamp drag back followed by chip. Even their goal by Sebescen, sp, was a screamer. Great game by the best team in football history. That season was outrageously good. I knew it at the time and it looks better with time and El Xhakaball.

Full game is available on YouTube if you want to watch it again.

Totally forgot about it.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
There are SO MANY lol literally all the ones mentioned so far, add to that the 7-5 comeback against Reading lol and the Sp**s 5-2 recently.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Love this match (as much as any victory against the spuds). The match I saw on TV had Martin Tyler. I especially loved his commentary after Walcott's second (our 5th).

"Tottenham don't know what's him but I can tell you its THEO WALCOTT!!" Love his enthusiasm :lol:
I remember that. "Like a London bus, a red bus! You wait for one and then two come along in a matter of moments!"
There is something magical about pumping in goals in quick succession against that lot

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Julio baptista scoring 4 goals vs pool sticks out in my mind

We had wanted him for years, he finally came and apart from that what did he do?

sammy89

There's so many

I'll add two (from the same season) that haven't had a mention yet

Leeds at home 03/04 - warm spring night under the floodlights and Henry was just unstoppable. Felt like scoring every time we went forward

Inter away - already beaten by them at Highbury and went to the San siro and demolished them.
Leeds 03/04 for me as well :rolleyes: that's the best level of play we managed in the Invincibles season.

Top Bottom