• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Tbf to Juve, they’re not having to pay a transfer fee so wages were always going to be inflated.

Good deal for both parties.
Sure, but don't they frequently bring players in on free transfers? I don't think they pay them all like that.

say yes

forum master baiter
Sure, but don't they frequently bring players in on free transfers? I don't think they pay them all like that.

I don’t know how much they pay any of their players tbh. Just that free transfers almost always mean big wages.

Find the gloating a bit odd tbh, who cares how much Juve pay him? Let’s just see how he performs for them.

Wish him the best of luck. Think that we’ve made the right decision not-renewing him on those wages but will honestly be intrigued to see him in another system. Think he’ll do well.

blaze_of_glory

I don’t know how much they pay any of their players tbh. Just that free transfers almost always mean big wages.

Find the gloating a bit odd tbh, who cares how much Juve pay him? Let’s just see how he performs for them.

Wish him the best of luck. Think that we’ve made the right decision not-renewing him on those wages but will honestly be intrigued to see him in another system. Think he’ll do well.
Yeah not trying to gloat. Hell, I've been critical of Ramsey in the past and I don't think we should pay him that much (but I also think he'd have stayed her for substantially less).

Just find it interesting how often the majority opinions on this board are countered by actual events.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I enjoy hyperbole too.
Had to google that word. For years, i thought it was the American football thing.

You look at some of the dross that's gone from here to a big European club, some via other clubs. Bendtner, Song, Adebayor, Vermaelen, even Traore had a spell at Juve. A bug move for Ramsey doesn't make him some great player. We've watched Ramsey for a decade now and my mind is firmly made. He is a very, very ordinary footballer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I enjoy hyperbole too.
Had to google that word. For years, i thought it was the American football thing.

You look at some of the dross that's gone from here to a big European club, some via other clubs. Bendtner, Song, Adebayor, Vermaelen, even Traore had a spell at Juve. A bug move for Ramsey doesn't make him some great player. We've watched Ramsey for a decade now and my mind is firmly made. He is a very, very ordinary footballer.
Can't really refute it Blaze... He is an injury prone player who gives you 4-5 weeks max of good football and the rest of the season you're left utterly wanting.
Think Rich has a point.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Can't really refute it Blaze...
Think Rich has a point.

Difference is those players were bought as squad filler, while Ramsey is being bought as a key player.. If he’s successful there remains to be seen(I believe he will be), but it’s a big difference between those transfers.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So how would that work in terms of the contract he's already signed, which obviously comes loaded with incentives based on him being a free agent. Would they have to renegotiate the terms if a fee was agreed this month, etc.

It’s probably bollocks. If he has signed a contract for June I don’t see them suddenly going after him now and rewriting the contract. As you say any fee paid will make his wages lower, but then again he might be willing to move now and get lower wages if it means he could win a few titles.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Difference is those players were bought as squad filler, while Ramsey is being bought as a key player.. If he’s successful there remains to be seen(I believe he will be), but it’s a big difference between those transfers.
How do you know he isn't going to sit bench? They're getting him for free..
I don't share the same optimism for him although I do hope I am wrong because as a person I quite like Ramsey. Certainly hasn't displayed the prima donna attitude off the field that we usually associate with footballers. I think he'll struggle. Very few British players have been successful there and i think it boils down to a few things like the fact that most english speakers are reluctant to learn other cultures and languages.
I am sure many non-english members of this forum can attest to that.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
How do you know he isn't going to sit bench? They're getting him for free..

We won't know for sure until he's there of course, but making him the 2nd highest paid player behind only Ronaldo(Emre Can went on a free just a year before too and gets considerably less) and then there was this from the Guardian article earlier:

The Juventus manager, Max Allegri, and director Fabio Paratici are huge admirers of the Welshman, who will be expected to be given a place in the Juventus starting XI, most likely playing with Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi in a three-man midfield. He is likely to replace one of Emre Can, Rodrigo Bentancur and Sami Khedira, with the latter possibly leaving the club in the summer.

Everything indicates they are getting Ramsey in as a key player for them, if he can live up to/justify those expectations is up to him and his performances really, it could easily backfire on Juve too(I still don't trust he's over his injury problems 100% yet and I don't think he's worth those wages either really) but that's what it seems they rates his qualities as after seeing him for Arsenal and Wales..

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We won't know for sure until he's there of course, but making him the 2nd highest paid player behind only Ronaldo(Emre Can went on a free just a year before too and gets considerably less) and then there was this from the Guardian article earlier:

Everything indicates they are getting Ramsey in as a key player for them, if he can live up to/justify those expectations is up to him and his performances really, it could easily backfire on Juve too(I still don't trust he's over his injury problems 100% yet) but that's what it seems they rates his qualities as after seeing him for Arsenal and Wales..
Fair enough. The wages can be inflated because of the free deal but in theory he does fit them.
I'll be the first to admit though, as skeptical of Aaron as I am as a footballer, that we will miss him dearl on Derby days and in finals. That is where the lad truly shines.

pikey2000

Ramsey is Ramsey, he will be the same for Juve as he was for us, some stellar games and performances coupled with the inevitable games where he vacates the midfield making endless runs into the box but nothing comes off for him.

He's not a worldie and he lacks consistency, he won't light up every game for them, but is comfortably better than Can, Bentacur and Khediera for me and therefore its a good deal for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom