• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was all for the stern and stubborn atttitude of the hierarchy when the story we had withdrawn the offer initially broke.

Now it’s happening, and how good he has been in some games (though, mostly as a sub), how he won us two FA Cups, how he is our longest serving player... how top clubs around Europe are after him... it just makes this club seem so pathetic.

Are you saying that you've changed your view based on emotion rather than logic?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And his poor close control, touches, passes that lost us possession.

His defensive positioning that opens up our midfield, welcoming our opponent to exploit.

His bad decision making, which resulted in good chances being wasted and lost of possession.

His poor playing style that destroyed the value of our club, we should be playing attractive football, not stoke ****.

And the opportunity cost to have a real good midfielder in our team, someone like cazorla instead of ramsey.

I don’t understand why some of you here praise him like he is iniesta, **** that.

This was it for me. He was never a good enough all round player to fit in a midfield 2, but instead of finding someone who was, we wasted season after season trying to figure out how to accommodate him.

I don't blame Ramsey for that and like I've said before I think he's a very good player, but he's massively overrated not worth the attention he's getting.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can’t believe we had a **** player like aaron ramsey in our squad for almost a decade!

I have been waiting for the failed british core to be kicked out of our club for years. They are ****ing ****.

So thankful that most of them are finally gone. Say goodbye to boring ****ing **** non technical football.

Let us celebrate!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Such overreactions as always. Ramsey is not brilliant brilliant and he is neither ****.

He scored the winner for us in the FA Cup after we were trophyless for so long. I love him for that, and in the end he was a good player. Just not world class. But that is no shame, not many are.

Thanks Aaron and good luck in Turin!

ptrcopp

Are you saying that you've changed your view based on emotion rather than logic?

I wouldnt say my view changed, just that the counter side is stronger. I still don’t want players holding the club to ransom.

But it’s not only emotion. He has been playing better more recently (in contrast to the team tbf).

ptrcopp

Such overreactions as always. Ramsey is not brilliant brilliant and he is neither ****.

He scored the winner for us in the FA Cup after we were trophyless for so long. I love him for that, and in the end he was a good player. Just not world class. But that is no shame, not many are.

Thanks Aaron and good luck in Turin!

Top post,
Even apart from the FA Cup final goals he has shown himself to be a quality player. And he has been a top professional whilst he has been here.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the move to Juventus will be good for him, but I'm sad to see him go. Also, I think Emery's comments about Ramsey regarding the Blackpool match are telling.

Blackpool aren't the best competition, but I've always seen Ramsey's greatest potential as a stabilizing B2B. He may not have the positional and tactical discipline that we expect, but it is hard to gauge his potential in that area since he's been coached by Wenger for basically his entire career.

Emery seemed a little surprised by Ramsey's performance, but also his willingness to play a less glamorous position. For a player that loves to make runs into the box, do cheeky flicks, and play through balls, you'd think that he'd be frustrated and less effective in a deep role, but Ramsey isn't.

Due to Wenger's offensive approach and Wales's lack of quality up front, I think Ramsey has been unfairly pigeonholed as an AM/ST when that probably isn't his best position.

I wonder if Emery has realized this a bit late. I think a midfield 3 of Torreira, Xhaka, and Ramsey could be very effective.

And Juventus they'll definitely play him a bit deeper. This combined with their greater tactical discipline could really get the best out of him.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah you can see in his celebrations of the goals he's still committed while he's here. Must be loving it, no pressure on him now, big $$ about to roll in, can just focus on doing as well as he can in the games he has left here.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Happy that he giving 100% other players could have done f**k all that's mean he care for club
Rather he kicked up a fuss, started throwing tantrums, played for himself, and act as unprofessional as can be so that I can resent him and be glad to see the back of him.

All this effort, playing out his contract with utmost commitment, and all around solid play is going to make me miss him and regret seeing him leave. :(

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
images
I had so much hope for the future when that pic was released. I realised my mistake within a year. Ramsey is the best of that bunch and good luck to him at Juve.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I was never a big fan of Ramsey's game especially without Arteta. He had a lot of good moments but not enough due to injury and inconsistency. I can't fault his professionalism and dedication to our cause whilst here. I'm proud of and delighted with the way he came back from his leg break and all the hard work he's put in. I think we can replace him but it won't be easy without money. I pay tribute to his application-he's a shining example of how much a player can achieve with hard work. He wasn't quite right for us but I'm sad to see him go and wish him well. Like someone else said,I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the PL in a couple of years. Who knows? Good luck Aaron and thanks for all the good stuff. Buona fortuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom